Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:56:37 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Groups formed from past CW Members
| |-+  Caranua
| | |-+  CaraNua: Voices of Evermore
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CaraNua: Voices of Evermore  (Read 9303 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2018, 05:23:35 PM »

Back on October 12th, CaraNua announced they were working on a new recording project. They didn't specify if it will be related to Evermore or something else. But considering their mention of sirens in the post, I think it's a fair bet it's fantasy-related and probably for Evermore.

Facebook Post:
https://www.facebook.com/caranua/posts/2073758386021773

Recording this week for another exciting project.. Capturing the sounds of sirens isn’t always easy.. helps to get “in the zone”
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2018, 06:34:31 PM »

A nice article on tips for enjoying Evermore Park (for those of us who might be in the vicinity in the foreseeable future:

https://www.heraldextra.com/entertainment/arts-and-theater/tips-for-enjoying-the-magic-of-evermore-park-in-pleasant/collection_674e8893-b565-50cb-968c-82e89f8428f2.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social_sarah_harris#6
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2018, 07:46:39 AM »

CaraNua's coming out with some new Evermore related merch soon, including this T-Shirt!

CaraNua also advised there will be a Celtic Lore CD coming soon!

https://www.facebook.com/caranua/photos/a.1188292101235077/2089315074466104/?type=3&theater

One of the tshirts available at Evermore - thanks to @evermore_adventuress for posting the pic!! And @ryannmyers @ryannmyersart for the beautiful artwork <3 Cd of Celtic Lore coming very soon so stay tuned!

I'm unsure if the CD(s) are for Soundtrack of Magical Lore and Soundtrack of Cursed Lore (currently only available on digital platforms), or if they have a new one coming. Either way, I'll be pleased!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2018, 09:38:05 PM »

CaraNua shared this fantastic promo video from Bring Me's trip to Evermore Park.

https://www.facebook.com/buzzfeedbringme/videos/2158614870839140/

Role playing isn't normally my thing (I'm too shy), but this looks wayyyyy too fun!

Must experience Evermore!!!

CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2018, 04:45:28 PM »

Evermore's Aurora theme opens this Saturday, Dec 8.

It's possible CaraNua will have an annoucement to coincide with it. They have a few music videos to release, the physical versions of the two Lore soundtracks to unveil, the new Aurora albums they recently recorded, and of course, a possible show or tour.

They usually put out teasers leading up to a big announcement so it could be a quiet weekend, but keep an eye out just in case.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2018, 07:26:10 PM »

Still keeping an eye out.

Considering the short notice of the January 2018 show (I think it was only about a month or so), I'd say a January show isn't yet out of the question. But considering there have been several posts about the girls wishing they could to to Evermore Park to experience the Aurora season, it seems like there's probably no plans in the works for a show in Utah before at least spring.

That's my guess anyways.

I did check Jason Tonioli's site and Facebook events just in case they were doing another show with him and just haven't announced it yet, but I don't see anything promising so far.

The jeweler that made their tiaras mentioned there was an upcoming US tour. But that was back in July:
https://twitter.com/AidiMac/status/1020224363906379776

@AidiMac

Work in Progress. 3 tiaras, each Handcrafted in Yellow gold, Rose gold and silver. For the singing group @CaraNua_music about to launch their US tour #celticwoman @CaraNuaFans

I'm honestly not sure if there were plans that just didn't come to fruition or if perhaps there was a misunderstanding there.
I think perhaps they were just going to the US to record songs for Evermore soundtracks and possibly do some music videos. There were rumors of a fall tour in 2018, but that unfortunately didn't happen. But at the point that this was posted, I'm not sure that there was ever an immanent tour.

Perhaps Edel's departure was unexpected for the group and they were forced to re-think their plans or maybe something else interfered with the realization of a tour. While I'm still holding out hope for a one-off show, I don't think we can expect any sort of tour until at least summer or fall.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2019, 02:50:33 PM »

I followed up with Evermore on Twitter re: plans to release CDs of "Soundtrack of Magical Lore" and "Soundtrack of Cursed Lore" might be available. We'll see what they say.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2020, 12:22:00 AM »

CaraNua appears on 16 to 18 of the 23 tracks on "Evermore Park: The Soundtrack of Aurora" which apparently released December 22, 2019.

Tracks that feature CaraNua:

CaraNua Carol of the Bells
     Aurora
     All Through the Night
     Shooting Star
     Evermore Winter*
     The First Noel*
     Winter Magic Enfolds
     Winter Angels of Evermore
     What Child Is This
     O Holy Night
     Schubert Ave Maria*
     Silent Night Stille Nacht*
     Joy to the World*
     Away in a Manger*
     A New Dawn
     O Come All Ye Faithful*
     I Saw Three Ships
     God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen*

The ones with a * are tracks that don't appear on the CaraNua "A Celtic Christmas" album. Those 8 songs are mostly instrumentals along with some gorgeous CaraNua humming. Both the humming and instrumental backing are really pretty.

They play a pretty small role in Schubert Ave Maria (I'm actually not 100% sure it's them singing, but I do believe that's their angelic humming for a while in the second half).

Joy to the World is primarily driven by instruments. But that beautiful humming accompaniment can only be that of CaraNua.

They're actually not credited as being in Schubert Ave Maria or Joy to the World, but I'm fairly confident they're in those songs.

This is not my favorite arrangement of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. It's driven by trumpets. You can hear CaraNua humming a bit in the background, but I'm not crazy about the track overall.

CaraNua isn't in Town Square Winter Jig, but it's really fun to listen to!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 10:09:29 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2020, 07:39:22 PM »

Finished listening to the whole album and they are in a lot more tracks than I originally thought: 18 out of 23, I think!

There are 8 CaraNua songs on the Aurora album that are not on A Celtic Christmas!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, CaraNua: Voices of Evermore - Theme by GlenS