Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:26:36 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  The Big Show of Christmas Carols
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Big Show of Christmas Carols  (Read 2288 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2018, 06:55:36 PM »

Celtic Woman is part of "The Big Show of Christmas Carols" TV special in Germany this year.

The show is being recorded live at the Congress Centrum Suhl in Suhl, Germany.

Rehearsals are tonight and the recording is tomorrow.

The show airs on December 22 @ 8:15 PM in Germany on public boardcast network MDR.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 08:13:51 PM »

Very cool! Now we know why they're in Germany! I had been curious since they mentioned it on instagram last week.
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 03:57:50 PM »

I just watched the show! I'm not exactly a fan of German Schlager and Volksmusik, but it was generally very nice and Christmassy. Every artist was very, very friendly, and since they performed Christmas music, they mostly sounded really good. There were some really nice songs, and some were, well, okay. Celtic Woman came on in the very end. The staging was really green and Irish for them, and they performed Joy to the World in a really nice, fairly mild and gentle way. Then they talked a little, and since very performing guest had brought a Christmas related decoration or memorabilia, they brought warm socks. Tara explained that they toured the entire month before Christmas and that, when they finally came home, they love to put on warm socks and sit by the fire with their family. Then they sang a shortened version of O Come All Ye Faithful with the host, Stefanie Hertel. In the end, all singers performed two final songs together, but Celtic Woman had no solo lines.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 11:36:36 PM »

Courtesy of rfcw's post on the other forum, here's Joy to the World and O Come All Ye Faithful.
https://youtu.be/E_FnUQXJSZU

And in case anyone's wondering, they sounded even more amazing on the Best of Christmas tour!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, The Big Show of Christmas Carols - Theme by GlenS