Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:14:34 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  Most Special Live Song
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Most Special Live Song  (Read 3448 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2018, 11:39:56 PM »

What's the most special song to you that you've heard Celtic Woman perform live at a show, in person?

Hearing My Land and Westering Home on the Destiny tour meant a lot to me because of what a huge role those two songs played in the past few years of my life. Almost all the amazing dreams of mine that have come true recently I can trace back to those two songs.

But I think that the most special song I heard live was Susan performing From A Distance during the Homecoming tour. By April (the beginning of March, actually), I was already pretty sure that that Susan was going to be taking a break at the end of the tour, although I didn't know the reason until later. One of the things I told her during the Meet and Greet was that before Celtic Woman, From A Distance was once my favourite song. It's also one of the songs I requested when Celtic Woman was asking for song suggestions a few years ago. To hear it performed so beautifully by Susan, one of my favourite singers, was truly special and I had to let her know how much that meant to me.

I got to see two shows on the Homecoming tour. I was worried when Susan had to take a few weeks off to go back to Ireland for a funeral that I was going to miss out on hearing her sing it. But fortunately, she rejoined the tour in time for the concerts I went to. During the second show, I was feeling a bit emotional because I knew I was probably not going to hear her sing it again and wanted to savor every moment.

I wish she had recorded it on an album or DVD, but I'm soooo glad I got to hear it performed by her beautiful voice while she was with Celtic Woman.

Susan, if you end up reading this one day, thank you from the bottom of my heart. <3

Here is Susan, performing From A Distance:
https://youtu.be/ohk1hTQtrKY
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 11:47:26 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 12:25:43 AM »

Thanks for sharing that song, Tom.  I had forgotten about that song, but I think I did hear it when I saw Homecoming in Las Vegas.  I wish I had taken notes or taken a picture of the set list on the stage of the Homecoming show so I could confirm it thought!

Anyway, one song stands out to me as possibly being the most special:

The Kesh Inn, performed on the Homecoming Tour at the Smith Center in Las Vegas, Nevada on May 20, 2018.

The version on the album is 3:03, and the version on the DVD is about 3:40.  I think the live version was at least six minutes long.  At least that's how I remember it.  It was the second-to-last show of the concert.  The instrumentalists joined the song one at a time.  Then to my surprise and delight, the three singers also showed up to play instruments: Éabha on recorder (with orange fingernails), Susan on spoons, and Mairéad on accordion!  It was just really fun and made me happy. 😊
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 12:54:43 AM »

Fun topic, and I really like what you've both posted so far! I don't think I can pick only one, so I'm going to post the three that jump immediately to my mind (and I may add more later if I think of more):

Bean Phaidin on the Destiny tour - this was my first live Celtic Woman show and that night I changed from fan to mega fan. This song in particular stands out to me as being special because when I think about that show, I always remember that at the moment Mairead sang the line "his wife is sittin there knittin while I'm stuck outside in the garden", a huge grin broke out on my face and I thought wow, I love them so so so much.

You Raise Me Up on the 2016 Christmas tour - this show was right in the middle of the time in my life where I experienced extremely high levels of stress and anxiety that could only be lessened by Celtic Woman's beautiful music. When they performed this song, tears were streaming down my face as I thought about how they were the ones raising me up.

Ancient Land on night 1 of the Johnstown Castle filming - it was so incredibly special to be in that audience and when the first notes of percussion started on night 1 and then Tara took the stage, then Eabha, Megan and Mairead I was in absolute awe and thinking wow, this is something really really special and I'm here for it.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 12:56:48 AM by Tracie » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 01:06:47 AM »

Thanks for sharing that song, Tom.  I had forgotten about that song, but I think I did hear it when I saw Homecoming in Las Vegas.  I wish I had taken notes or taken a picture of the set list on the stage of the Homecoming show so I could confirm it thought!

Anyway, one song stands out to me as possibly being the most special:

The Kesh Inn, performed on the Homecoming Tour at the Smith Center in Las Vegas, Nevada on May 20, 2018.

The version on the album is 3:03, and the version on the DVD is about 3:40.  I think the live version was at least six minutes long.  At least that's how I remember it.  It was the second-to-last show of the concert.  The instrumentalists joined the song one at a time.  Then to my surprise and delight, the three singers also showed up to play instruments: Éabha on recorder (with orange fingernails), Susan on spoons, and Mairéad on accordion!  It was just really fun and made me happy. 😊

That was a really cool moment!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 01:12:45 AM »

Ancient Land on night 1 of the Johnstown Castle filming - it was so incredibly special to be in that audience and when the first notes of percussion started on night 1 and then Tara took the stage, then Eabha, Megan and Mairead I was in absolute awe and thinking wow, this is something really really special and I'm here for it.

I thought about picking an Ancient Land song, but I couldn't narrow it down to one song.  ;D
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 01:40:40 AM »

I thought about picking an Ancient Land song, but I couldn't narrow it down to one song.  ;D

I asked Gregg if he had any special songs to contribute to this topic and he said the entire show at Johnstown Castle. I totally agree!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 01:47:24 AM »

Tom, I had similar feelings regarding seeing Susan on the Homecoming tour. I already knew she was pregnant because it had slipped out on facebook (which was deleted very quickly, but I saw the post while it was there). The second night at Homecoming, I was thinking to savor every moment of what would possibly be the last time I would see Susan perform. She absolutely nailed From A Distance! 😀

David, I agree, The Kesh Inn is such a fantastic song to see live!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 01:49:10 AM by Tracie » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2018, 10:59:27 AM »

I already knew she was pregnant because it had slipped out on facebook (which was deleted very quickly, but I saw the post while it was there).

Yeah I saw that one too. I guess moms get really excited sometimes and don't realize that everyone can see their comments in a public post.  ;D  It was there and gone so quickly, I kind of forgot about it for a while (much like I forgot about Meav Tweeting Megan a few months before she was announced as a member of Celtic Woman).
chandlermattson
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 03:32:35 PM »

Susan singing "The Call" during The Emerald Tour has to be my most special live song. "The Call" from SftH was one of the very first songs I had ever heard by CW, and it was also the song that turned me into a fan. So, hearing it sung live during The Emerald Tour (which was my first CW concert, as well) was an amazing experience for me.

Hearing "Sky, Dawn, Sun" for the first time live was also special. After years of being a fan, seeing Máiréad Nesbitt come out on stage and playing her majestic violin intro gave me goosebumps. I remember being like THIS is it! ;D

Lastly, I teared up when Lynn started singing "Dúlaman," even though it's not really a sad song. I guess it was because I had just processed that I was actaully, finally seeing CW in concert and not dreaming! :D
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 04:51:57 PM »

July 1 (OK, and 2nd) 2009.  Red Rocks -- Denver.

Red Rocks is one of the most iconic venues in the world.  It's up in the mountains outside of Denver.  It's a natural outdoor amphitheatre.  It seats about 9,000.  It's called Red Rocks because of the rocks surrounding it.  As it gets dark, the rocks are lighted.  You are high enough in the mountains, and far enough away from the city that you can really see the stars.

Keeping this in mind, this was one of the few times I ever heard CW do the second verse to YRMU.   The last line, which was really appropriate in this setting is "Sometimes I think I glimpse eternity."

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Most Special Live Song - Theme by GlenS