Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:28:26 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  New Members
| | |-+  Hello!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 8239 times)
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2018, 11:41:26 AM »

Thanks to Tom for getting me into this new forum....seems weird being a "newbie" as I had some 45000 posts on the old forum. I `ve seen CW 8 times, have my usual front row ticket for next April. I`ve seen most incarnations of CW in 9 years, Lisa Kelly, Lisa Lamb, Chloe, Lynn, Alex, Meav, Mairead N. , Mairead C. , Susan, Eabha, Tara and have chatted with them as they exited the stage door last couple of years. I LOVE  Ancient Land, it`s wonderful and look forward to seeing them perform it in a few months. Kevin in Rhode Island.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 11:47:32 AM »

Thanks to Tom for getting me into this new forum....seems weird being a "newbie" as I had some 45000 posts on the old forum. I `ve seen CW 8 times, have my usual front row ticket for next April. I`ve seen most incarnations of CW in 9 years, Lisa Kelly, Lisa Lamb, Chloe, Lynn, Alex, Meav, Mairead N. , Mairead C. , Susan, Eabha, Tara and have chatted with them as they exited the stage door last couple of years. I LOVE  Ancient Land, it`s wonderful and look forward to seeing them perform it in a few months. Kevin in Rhode Island.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for your patience.
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 12:14:50 PM »

Hello, Kevin.  We were all newbies once!  😂
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 12:24:30 PM »

Hello, Kevin.  We were all newbies once!  😂
true enough but I had 45, 958 posts on the old forum....looks like I better get to work on this one , huh? ;D
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 12:32:18 PM »

Welcome Kevin yes your right you had 45000 posts on the old forum so get to work hope you like this forum as much as the old one but here there is no Fun and Games board Enjoy
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 03:41:28 PM »

Welcome Kevin yes your right you had 45000 posts on the old forum so get to work hope you like this forum as much as the old one but here there is no Fun and Games board Enjoy
this forum looks cool, you and Tom have done justice to the CW ......been a fan for "donkey`s years" (that`s an old Irish saying according to a 90 year old neighbor who was born in Ireland.) I actually used that on "MC" a couple of years ago and she looked at me as if "how do you know that saying?" That and "there wasen`t  a sinner in the place" as well as MC saying "BRILLIANT!" when I told her a particular fan sent greetings.....that`s an Irish saying for "great".So that`s todays Irish lesson  ;D
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 08:53:19 PM »

Welcome Kevin! Have fun working on those 45,000 posts!
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 03:41:54 PM »

Thanks Tracie.....it``s nice to have a site that`ll continue on as sort of a successor to the old site which sadly seems to be fading away. We CW fans are VERY loyal to our favorite ladies , no matter if the line-up changes because I`ve found through the years, even with the changes, they`re still wonderful and I enjoy every show  and every album(CD). If any of you out there have not seen CW live on stage yet, my advice is  BUY A TICKET AND GO!    you will NOT be disapointed in any way...the shows are AWESOME!  You`ll be smiling for hours after the show. I had my pic taken with Tara after the last show and could still smell her perfume on me for hours , driving home and at home later. Okay, that might be weird but I`m a CW fan.....it`s what we do. Can`t wait to see show # 9 in April. 
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 10:53:45 PM »

Kevin, I'm very glad this new forum is here! I have been listening to Celtic Woman music for years, but was a late-comer to the forums. I tried signing up for the other one and never got approved with no admin there. I really enjoy talking about my favorite ladies here and had such a great time meeting David and Tom in Ireland! I agree that all the music throughout the years is wonderful. And definitely yes to going to their shows! My husband Gregg and I first saw them live on the Destiny tour and that changed us from fans to mega fans! We've now seen them live 9 times and we've got #10 coming up on the Christmas tour and #11 (and more to be determined) on the Ancient Land tour. I tell people that their shows are 2 hours of pure joy and happiness. We seriously cannot get enough of how amazing it feels being in their audience. And meeting them too! They are so sweet and friendly. I've got my stories on the Destiny, Home for Christmas, Voices of Angels, Homecoming and Ancient Land boards. You should post your stories of seeing and meeting them - I'd love to read them!
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 12:01:06 PM »

They`re very friendly and super nice to meet in person, especially at the stage door after the show(a.k.a,."bus `n greet").Even though they must be tired after the show, they`ll chat, sign autographs and pose for pics. When I asked Tara for a pic(using an old fashion film camera because I like to paste the photos on my refrigerator), Tara said "sure...would you like one of us together ?" in that wonderful Irish accent. So I gave the camera to a bystander and have a nice pic of us together.Every year I wear my "GOT MAIREAD?" t-shirt and show it to MC and she always giggles, the year before she pointed to it and went"ahhhhh!!!!" MC is very personable and Eahba , though reserved is always willing to pose for a pic. It`s nice to see them in their "street attire", carrying their own bags to the bus. Looking forward to the April show......front row (the pit, as it`s called)which I get every year.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 08:35:39 PM »

Yes I totally agree, they are so sweet and friendly! I absolutely love getting to meet them and it makes the concert experiences even more amazing! I've met Susan, Mairead, Eabha and Tara. I just posted on Mairead's board about my experiences meeting her. Each time I've met Eabha she's been with Mairead and they are both so friendly. I have my picture with them and their autographs. When we gave them a gift at meet and greet, Eabha posted it in her instagram story and said lovely gift from the lovely Tracie which was so awesome. 💕 My jaw dropped when I saw that instagram post. She also thanked us for it after the show and said she loved it.

That was on the Homecoming tour. Earlier that same day, we met Tara out on a walk by herself. She spent a good few minutes chatting with us and took a picture with us. She was soooo sweet! Then at meet and greet she smiled and waved to us when she walked in the room and after the show thanked us for the gift and said "thank you for being such a presence in the audience." Heart melted....how sweet is that!?

At the Ancient Land filming, Susan rubbed my arm and asked me how I was and took a picture with me. She also thanked us for the gift after that Homecoming show.

They are just the greatest! So warm and welcoming to their fans. Just makes you want to keep seeing and meeting them over and over! We're going to Denver for the Christmas show and are really hoping to run into them in the city or at the stage door so we can tell them how much we loved being in the audience for the Ancient Land filming!
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 02:51:51 PM »

In 2016, I had a sign on the opposite side of my "Fiddler Crossing" sign that said "Misha Golden says "hi" and Mairead Nesbitt nodded and smiled during the concert. Misha is a BIG Mairead N. fan and is disabled due to cerebral palsey. She and I are CLOSE Skype  devotees and after the show, at the " bus `n greet". I said to Mairead N. " I think you saw this " and she said " I DID...how`s she doing?"  When I told Misha, she cried. Mairead STILL keeps in contact with Misha ...just shows you how human they are....the Celtic ladies keep touch with certain fans ...just saying that they`re NOT overcome with their success.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2018, 09:28:05 PM »

Awwww so sweet!
kirstie_x

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2018, 05:14:54 PM »

Hi Kevin  :)
Have just been reading over old posts on the other forum!
How have you been?!

X

There's a special place in my heart reserved for Celtic Woman 💚
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2018, 05:28:23 AM »

Good!...Missed hearing from the Belle of Belfast.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Hello! - Theme by GlenS