Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:19:14 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Postcards from Ireland
| | |-+  PBS Special / DVD Announcement
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PBS Special / DVD Announcement  (Read 6169 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2021, 05:12:48 PM »

At the end of the online PBS "Virtual Visit" today (basically a live Q+A interview between a PBS host and Megan, Susan, Tara, and Chloë), they formally announced the Postcards from Ireland tour in (hopefully) 2022. They also announced that the Postcards from Ireland PBS special would be airing on PBS this December (2021).

Since the Killarney shows have been postponed to 2022, there are a few possibilities I can think of:
1. They're going to do a live recording in the fall at a different venue that hasn't been announced yet. I think that's extremely unlikely given all the uncertainty associated with containment measures.
2. They're going to do a live recording in a theatre without an audience. This still seems a bit risky considering how strict the lockdowns have been in Ireland.
3. They're doing a music-video-style DVD, where they pre-record the tracks, then record them performing at various places in Ireland (might be challenging since restrictions will still be in place for many months). This would be similar in format to Chloë's Walking in the Air DVD.
4. Video clips from past shows (ie. Celebration 2.0) (please let the DVD include an extensive documentary feature this time).
5. Video footage of scenery from Ireland during the music (this would be similar to what Tim Janis does with his DVDs and YouTube videos). The background music would be either new studio recordings or recordings of past studio performances/DVDs.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 05:16:00 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 05:55:27 AM »

I actually am so beyond excited for this 1 if Susan is in it!
Since it's all Gavin Murphy era it be great to have a DVD of the quality songs like when recorded on The Voice's of Angel's CD. I love Homecoming but the sound is so live. If songs like Mo Ghile Near is on would it be two options The VOA version or a new recorded version? The new one would be with Susan, Megan and Chloe?

It would make a hint that postcards be like when they projectiles Ireland on The Voice's of Angel's tour and since Susan is pregnant would just recording some songs unless they take the VOA, Ancient Land recording's. The only new song these three could record for this is that accapella group of "May It Be" if to do new recording on adding like four new songs!*

If like Emerald all songs had Susan, Megan and Chloe it be thrilling to have yet a new lineup sound except really Megan instead of Lisa L but it be the Gavin Murphy versions with Chloe!!!

Now I'm the most massive fan to different lineup girls with former ones joining together on same songs just how it gives a new dose to love those songs anew them with an upgrade!

« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 06:04:52 AM by rfcw » Logged
mattycakes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 03:19:21 PM »

I doubt Susan will be part of that one; she's expecting a second child so I don't think she'll be part of that show. I certainly wouldn't mind because I LOVE Susan! But I just don't think that's likely.
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 05:54:38 PM »

I doubt Susan will be part of that one; she's expecting a second child so I don't think she'll be part of that show. I certainly wouldn't mind because I LOVE Susan! But I just don't think that's likely.

Same here. And also Chloe. I don't see her staying permanently with how much she enjoys doing solo shows. Could Gavin and Meav be looking for new members to fill in their roles?
mattycakes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 01:31:33 PM »

Does anyone have a link to that Interview, btw? I've yet to be able to find it on YouTube.
Maloney

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 08:37:09 AM »

so many questions.......
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2021, 02:30:50 PM »

Susan posted today about recording at Windmill Lane Recording Studios with Celtic Woman!

Looks like Susan is going to be on the album (and possibly the DVD as well)!

July 11, 2021: Susan: https://www.facebook.com/100044307345497/posts/369595841193991/
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 02:55:39 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2021, 05:27:21 PM »

WUT!?! 🤯 I already knew she would be involved in the project... but I wasn't thinking she'd contribute to the actual album! Can't wait to see what she'll bring for us! 😁

(And, yes, I'm assuming her solo is probably going to be From a Distance by any means necessary, but I'd actually dream of hearing Here to Stay from the tenth anniversary tour appear even though David Downes isn't Celtic Woman's musical director anymore 😆)
Rocinante

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2021, 08:50:44 PM »

At least the pic she posted is for sure not From A Distance, as that sheet music at the bottom right looks like in D major with a 3/4 time signature (and now my eyes hurt...)
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2021, 11:13:38 PM »

I'm so excited that Susan will be on the album!!
CelticSweater
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2021, 11:23:27 PM »

OMG YES!!!!! AT LONG LAST 5 GIRLS AGAIN!!!!!
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2021, 06:36:00 AM »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2021, 11:04:33 PM »

I wonder if she'll be one of those who shows up the way Meav did or what her fate will be?
Remember how when they recorded the Home for Christmas studio CD Meav returned in Lisa K's place - her first recording as a member since the DVD for A Christmas Celebration.
From 2012-2016 Meav showed up sporadically as a singer.
Five (six soon I hope) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- I hope so.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2021, 11:20:46 PM »

I'm wondering if Susan will either do some fill-in for Chloe next year (if Chloe does some solo shows during the CW tour) or if she'll just join the tour for a couple of weeks. This way she has some solos on the album and her voice is in the group songs on the album. In the pbs interview they did back in April, she specifically said that she wouldn't go on a full tour since she has her kids but that she likes being a fill-in for a couple weeks at a time. I'm hoping that Susan is in some of the shows that Gregg and I have tickets for!
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2021, 03:38:22 PM »

I wonder if she'll be one of those who shows up the way Meav did or what her fate will be?
Remember how when they recorded the Home for Christmas studio CD Meav returned in Lisa K's place - her first recording as a member since the DVD for A Christmas Celebration.
From 2012-2016 Meav showed up sporadically as a singer.

First off - The word "fate"😂
That sounds terrible label this as..
Poor Sue.

2nd, I never saw Meav as taking Lisa Kelly's spot. Susan was but in this case for HFC she pretty much was 100% Chloe's in HFC she did phenomenally! Meav to me was just Meav but they all three Meav, Susan, and Lisa L went high in turns so if anyone was Lisa Kelly's it be Lisa L in this scenerio!🙈

Anything is possible I mean this is the 2nd time EVER a former Celtic Woman is back joining in on a DVD and Album. However Christmas or regular show I always saw a Christmas Special as a separate celebration thing.

Meav's Aspect return vs another member like Susan
 I mean Meav didn't tour on the Christmas Tour whether she did or not it's a lot different than a let's say an Ancient Land tour! Destiny is also different for Meav became a music director for CW and so if this first time show outside David Downes had part of her craftsman it made a welcome with her return now with the company, it was the CW switch~ era and this show's songs were so unique it was to me like a blend of Old CW David and New CW Gavin before completely being the Gavin Celtic Woman Direction. I use to found odd before why You Raise Me Up was in the middle like that. It could opened the show before When You Go but it's beautiful now since it closes the last members with David, then introduces Meav to the company, and her introducing Eabha as the newest CW.

Anything can Be thrown on the Table('s) here
To get to my visualization
I see this DVD as like The Greatest Journey style, whether it is completely all new songs or a touch of new and old is on anyone's table. I can only speak predict on how Susan will fit in this.

Guest vs Honorable Member
Do I predict Susan will only have one song solo and join the other girls on one group song and a finale song. Might... Again depends how they want to feature Susan as. Although if this were the case Susan probably would have said she's Guest on the DVD. I'm happy with the including of Susan I would love it if she had equally solos whether 2 or 3 like the other girls. I would love to see the dynamic of group songs with these 5. That would make it so exciting! Just like when knowing we'd hear Lisa Lambe and Meav together and with Susan for HFC.

Since Susan is touring
Since Susan is indeed touring and whether she'll alternate with Chloe or either they'll have this tenth anniversary style timeline like when Mairead took off for a month so Alex could do it. I see Susan getting two solos or fair as Chloe. I'm satisfied but if 3 bring it😂!!
The number of solos always had a funny count some people had two others had three.

Song's Implementation's
What's really interesting would be how will they implement 4 member parts on the DVD and Album to 3 member on tour. They've done this before simply extend additional solo parts to Chloe and Susan on tour.
Susan and Chloe are likely the stars since how long will they maintain with CW.

Susan with Muirgen
Susan will indeed be happy performing as Celtic Woman alongside Muirgen and it will help make Muirgen quite comfortable or confident had they performed with one another. Could there be a duet between these two anything's possible this is still the Gavin Murphy route!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 04:12:08 PM by rfcw » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, PBS Special / DVD Announcement - Theme by GlenS