Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:55:53 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  Celtic Woman News
| | | |-+  They are recording something!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: They are recording something!  (Read 8865 times)
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« on: August 12, 2019, 10:05:42 AM »

According to Mairéad's story, the girls are recording new songs! Wonder what sort?
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 02:54:15 PM »

Always so intriguing!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 05:01:19 PM »

I don't know what to think about it at this point.

They posted some clips from inside Windmill Lane Studios. We don't know if those video clips came from today or even from this year. Did they really try to rush in an album at the last minute before packing to leave for Brazil? I know some of the girls just came back from vacation, but wouldn't they have timed it differently if they knew they were going to record something? The timing is odd.

And what was recorded earlier in the year? Did they really record part of an album before the Ancient Land tour in the US and the other part just before the Ancient Land tour in Brazil? It almost seems like those 2 recording sessions were unrelated. Separate albums? Tour promos? Singles? If they were singles, doesn't it seem strange that over 5 months later, we still haven't heard what they recorded earlier this year?

If they recorded anything this week, it's probably too late to be a Christmas album. It might be for next year. But they recorded a whole non-Christmas album without a DVD recording? It would be unusual for them.

I'm just going to have to wait and see if they announce something, because this isn't adding up yet.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 05:33:45 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 05:43:21 PM »

Mairéad used the word "today" in her Instagram story as shown above, so I believe it is recent.

I thought I also saw something about being in a recording study on kleonardmusic's story, but I could be wrong. 

It's cool that in Mairéad's story we can see the tempo, singer names, and how many bars of rest they have at the beginning.  When the songs are released that could help narrow down what they were recording, if someone wants to be a detective.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 08:48:32 AM »

A big project would be underway, but after Ancient Land I don't see one so soon unless it was say Christmas #3.
So I look at by the next upcoming tours.
Will we either see a second year Ancient Land Tour like in the past with SFTH and A New Journey. Or will the future Spring 2020 second Ancient Land Tour be like a Believe 2.0/Homecoming Tour with more new songs.
These recordings could be some new tour songs like when they recorded a studio Homeland with Susan to reveal the Homecoming Tour. :. I love Susan on Homeland and when they revealed that with the backstage prep for the tour I thought that recording would be already done easy to release except I understand they usually release a version from the castle special when doing a big album. Back then with the Greatest Journey because of that we have two versions of The Call one SFTH and one with Orla with Alex also.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 08:55:02 AM by rfcw » Logged
ShiningBright

View Profile My blog
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 11:53:54 AM »

I don't know... they did have an album - of different extent, for sure - every year since Gavin Murphy took over. Destiny and Ancient Land were the only Big New Shows, but no year went by without something. I really do hope for a Christmas album!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2019, 12:49:34 PM »

I'm really hoping for a new Christmas album too!
Maloney

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2019, 05:45:42 PM »

Christmas DVD ?  album?   Ill be hoping. 
CelticSweater
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2019, 09:21:38 PM »

Ohhhh I sooooo hope for a Christmas album! That would be awesome! They are definitely due for one! Hehehe!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 03:02:44 PM »

I think this is the answer to what they were recording - an Ancient Land deluxe digital album!!

https://www.celticwoman.com/news/celtic-woman-announce-ancient-land-deluxe-album/
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 04:22:21 PM »

I think this is the answer to what they were recording - an Ancient Land deluxe digital album!!

https://www.celticwoman.com/news/celtic-woman-announce-ancient-land-deluxe-album/

Partly. I think this is what they recorded this year before the Ancient Land tour started.

I'd be surprised if they got the tracks they recorded just before Brazil mixed and mastered already. I think we'll be hearing those later. :D
ShiningBright

View Profile My blog
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2019, 04:26:13 PM »

This is, of course, amazing news - but Mairéad said she was learning a new song!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2019, 04:36:33 PM »

This is, of course, amazing news - but Mairéad said she was learning a new song!

Indeed. I think there are more songs coming in a few months (the ones they just finished recording before Brazil). We'll likely hear those for Christmas or before the next spring tour.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2019, 05:09:00 PM »

This is Terrific!
DVD songs + Tour songs
The new Bean Phaden version
The new Orinoco Flow version
The new Newgrange version etc

This is Amazing and a First!  ;D
Wish they did that for Voiced of Angels
And Songs From The Heart and past..*
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2019, 06:41:35 PM »

Oooh yes, I was so excited when I saw this earlier that I forgot about them posting learning new music! More new stuff coming for us!?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, They are recording something! - Theme by GlenS