Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:37:05 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  What Do You Think?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Do You Think?  (Read 2908 times)
chandlermattson
« on: April 01, 2019, 06:01:33 PM »

This is my opinion of the ladies that I think stood out the most or were more dominant on DVD and/or CD judging by songs, dresses, and other factors.

The Show: Méav
- 4 solos ("Danny Boy," "Si Do Mhaimeo I," "She Moved Through the Fair," I Dreamt I Dwelt in Marble Halls").
- featured in all group numbers ("Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring," "The Soft Goodbye," "Orinoco Flow").
- iconic mermaid dress.

Note: Chloë could be argued because she had the opening number and 4 solos, as well, but I think Méav stood out just a bit more than the others.

ANJ:
Lisa Kelly

- 3 solos ("Caledonia," "The Blessing," "The Voice").
Hayley
- newest member.
- often placed in the middle during group numbers ("Sky, Dawn, Sun" and "Mo Ghile Mear").

ACC: Méav
- prominent in "O Holy Night" and "O Come All Ye Faithful."

SftH: Chloë and Lisa Kelly
- both had 2 solos.
- both featured more prominently in the group songs.

Believe: Lisa Lambe
- newest member.
- 3 solo parts, if you count "Circle of Life."
- center focus of "Tribute to Broadway," "The World Falls Away," and "Téir Abhaile Riú."

HfC: Méav
- big return.
- epic high notes ("O Tannenbaum," "Silent Night," "Joy to the World").

Emerald: Lisa Lambe
- speaking part during "Danny Boy."
- prominent during "TAR" and "NSL."
- wore a green dress during "NSL" while the others wore blue.
- most energetic and interactive with the audience.

Destiny: Susan
- most prominent in all the group songs ("When You Go," "My Land," "Westering Home").

VoA: Mairéad Carlin
- 2 solos on CD ("Ave Maria" and "A Time For Us").
- most prominent in group songs ("Time to Say Goodbye").

Homecoming: Tara
- newest member.
- featured as both a violinist and harpist.
- sparkly gold dress.

Ancient Land: All
Mairéad Carlin

- longest current standing member in CW.
- often placed in the middle.

Éabha
- 3 solo parts ("Moorlough Shore," "Siúli A Rún," "Garden of Eden").
- prominent in "Mna na hErinn."
- wrote "Garden of Eden."

Tara
- 4 solo parts ("Ancient Land," "Love & Honor," "Tara's Tunes," "Enchanted Way").
Megan
- newest member.
- prominent in "Follow Me."

What do you guys think? Do you agree with this or do you have different opinions? I'd like to read them! :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 03:44:48 PM by chandlermattson » Logged
reb84092

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 01:11:14 AM »

Omg I thought the exact same thing. Celtic Woman was centered on Meav and Chloe, ANJ was centered on Lisa K, SFTH was centered on Chloe and Lisa K, Believe was centered pretty evenly I thought, all the girls were part of two duets and had two solos, Lisa L having more prominent parts balanced out Chloe and Lisa K being the “veteran members” who didn’t have to “prove” themselves. Emerald seemed DEFINITELY focused on Lisa L. I feel Susan kind of got the short end of the stick among the girls in general, since her solos were mainly a bunch of new covers of songs already done on previous albums, plus the fact that she never got to be part of an outdoor dvd special. However Destiny showcased her pretty nicely. I can’t wait to see Ancient Land, the dvd hasn’t gotten here yet but I love the music and from what I’ve seen it gives all the girls a chance to shine. All four of them look amazing in the clips I’ve seen.
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 08:28:11 AM »

I exactly agree on all of this!
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 09:16:13 AM »

Agreed 100% ;D

To Note: Susan and Lisa L didn't receive the outdoor castle special so both got the Christmas Special Stunning Glory at the original Helix! Alex and Lynn on the other hand got the outdoor castle special but weren't invited or to Guest for the 2nd Christmas Special.

8)Viola
chandlermattson
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 03:42:37 PM »

Omg I thought the exact same thing. Celtic Woman was centered on Meav and Chloe, ANJ was centered on Lisa K, SFTH was centered on Chloe and Lisa K, Believe was centered pretty evenly I thought, all the girls were part of two duets and had two solos, Lisa L having more prominent parts balanced out Chloe and Lisa K being the “veteran members” who didn’t have to “prove” themselves. Emerald seemed DEFINITELY focused on Lisa L. I feel Susan kind of got the short end of the stick among the girls in general, since her solos were mainly a bunch of new covers of songs already done on previous albums, plus the fact that she never got to be part of an outdoor dvd special. However Destiny showcased her pretty nicely. I can’t wait to see Ancient Land, the dvd hasn’t gotten here yet but I love the music and from what I’ve seen it gives all the girls a chance to shine. All four of them look amazing in the clips I’ve seen.

Wow, thanks for sharing! Your thoughts on "Believe" are interesting, and I can definitely see that! :) I agree that Ancient Land seems to give each girl a shining moment. ;D
chandlermattson
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 03:43:11 PM »

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone! :)
reb84092

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 09:25:11 PM »

Agreed 100% ;D

To Note: Susan and Lisa L didn't receive the outdoor castle special so both got the Christmas Special Stunning Glory at the original Helix! Alex and Lynn on the other hand got the outdoor castle special but weren't invited or to Guest for the 2nd Christmas Special.

8)Viola

Ooh. Excellent point, I hadn't thought of that. Now I really want to hear Alex and Lynn do some Christmas performances, dangit! I also want to see Susan and Lisa L get the outdoor castle treatment, obviously
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, What Do You Think? - Theme by GlenS