Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:57:18 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Ancient Land
| | |-+  Ancient Land on Tour
| | | |-+  2019 Tour
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2019 Tour  (Read 23853 times)
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2018, 11:39:42 PM »

I have the exact same thoughts as you Tom! Red Rocks is an absolute yes if it's on the list. We definitely want a meet and greet. And we definitely want more than one show. We have some ideas of spring mini-vacations (we're tossing around thoughts of NYC and Florida), but we're waiting for the tour dates so that any vacation we go on can include a show. Our friends want to do a long friend weekend in Vegas. If there's a CW show in Vegas, maybe we can manipulate the dates of that trip on the sly because they won't go for it if we come right out and say we have to go when CW is there. So many possibilities, just need to know those tour dates! The only thing I won't do is see the show less than twice - a minimum of two times is pretty much a requirement at this point in our crazy fandom!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 11:43:03 PM by Tracie » Logged
bobh56

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2018, 09:07:38 PM »

Tilles Center
Greenvale (LI), NY
Wednesday, March 20, 2019

NJPAC
Newark, NJ
Sunday, March 24, 2019

WLIW is offering 2 tickets with and without Meet & Greet passes to either of these shows for $300 and $200, respectively.  https://secure2.convio.net/wnet/site/Ecommerce/1955137565?store_id=3701
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2018, 09:50:43 PM »

Tilles Center
Greenvale (LI), NY
Wednesday, March 20, 2019

NJPAC
Newark, NJ
Sunday, March 24, 2019

WLIW is offering 2 tickets with and without Meet & Greet passes to either of these shows for $300 and $200, respectively.  https://secure2.convio.net/wnet/site/Ecommerce/1955137565?store_id=3701

Hmmmm intriguing.  Gregg and I have already been talking about a vacation to NYC sometime in 2019.  This could be an option to go when it can be vacation and our favorite ladies in one!  We contemplated a Christmas NYC trip for the Best of Christmas show, but decided it was a bit too expensive right after Ireland.  March has potential.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 10:11:22 PM »

I get the feeling I might be going to more shows than I was expecting to on this tour.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2018, 10:28:34 PM »

I get the feeling I might be going to more shows than I was expecting to on this tour.

Gotta re-live the Ancient Land magic!  I can't wait to see the whole list of tour dates!

I've already started putting in overtime hours to earn money for the trip to Denver.  My supervisor was saying today that she hopes the spring tour doesn't come to Minneapolis so that I have to travel and work more overtime to earn more Celtic Woman money.  lol  I said even if they come to Minneapolis I'll also be traveling somewhere because Gregg and I want a minimum of two shows on the spring tour!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2018, 10:38:46 PM »

Gotta re-live the Ancient Land magic!  I can't wait to see the whole list of tour dates!

I've already started putting in overtime hours to earn money for the trip to Denver.  My supervisor was saying today that she hopes the spring tour doesn't come to Minneapolis so that I have to travel and work more overtime to earn more Celtic Woman money.  lol  I said even if they come to Minneapolis I'll also be traveling somewhere because Gregg and I want a minimum of two shows on the spring tour!

I was planning on 2 or 3. I think it might be ... a lot more.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2018, 05:10:29 PM »

Red Rocks is awesome!  I've been there 4 times to see CW.  All were, without a doubt, the best shows I've seen.

Favorite memory --  You are outside up in the mountains.  The stars are out (you are a long way away from the city lights).  There are red rocks surrounding the amphitheatre.  There is beautiful music.

They do the second verse to YRMU.   "Sometimes I think I glimpse eternity"

They were right!!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2018, 05:47:45 PM »

Red Rocks is awesome!  I've been there 4 times to see CW.  All were, without a doubt, the best shows I've seen.

Favorite memory --  You are outside up in the mountains.  The stars are out (you are a long way away from the city lights).  There are red rocks surrounding the amphitheatre.  There is beautiful music.

They were right!!

Wow!

How close to the stage did you sit each time?

I'm curious what the best place is to sit there to see a concert.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2018, 09:27:14 PM »

They were right!!

Wow, that sounds so amazing! I'm really hoping to have that experience soon!
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2018, 07:19:18 PM »

I've sat mostly in the first 2 or 3 rows.  If I'm spending money on flights, hotels, food, car might as well get good seats.  I think I spent $200 for row 3 center last time.  Plane was like $400 and hotel is at least $150.  At least the Coors tour is free and they give out samples!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2018, 08:19:35 PM »

I've sat mostly in the first 2 or 3 rows.  If I'm spending money on flights, hotels, food, car might as well get good seats.  I think I spent $200 for row 3 center last time.  Plane was like $400 and hotel is at least $150.  At least the Coors tour is free and they give out samples!

Nice!

I was debating whether to get seats a little bit further back just for Red Rocks. I was talking to some people at the castle show who have been to red rocks a few times and suggested about half way up the seats so you can take in the stage and its surroundings. I think I'd rather still get seats at the front though, if I can. My eyesight isn't the greatest these days. I could barely see Celtic Thunder on stage from a balcony seat earlier this month and Celtic Woman is something I'd rather be able to see well. Any group I didn't care so much about I would probably sit further back to take in the rocks, but for my favorite ladies, only the best.

The good news is if I don't end up getting amazing seats (on account of them all being sold by the time I find out about them), I'd still be pretty happy at that particular venue.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2018, 04:20:03 PM »

The first 2 rows at Red Rocks are primarily for wheelchairs.  If you are sitting near the center, there's usually no one in front of you.  The stage is a little bit back from the "first" row anyway.  I think I'd be happy anywhere up to maybe row 10.  Keep in mind this place seats about 10,000.

I admit I'm spoiled.  Over the years, I've come to accept that if I can't get really good seats (say first 2 or 3 rows), I'm not going.  If you sit in front, you get some interaction with the girls, and over the years that was really fun, especially if you have already seen the show.  If you sit further back, you don't see as well, but you can appreciate the music more.

Assuming the picture will post, this is from the 2017 show.  It's from my seat.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2018, 04:48:25 PM »

Celtic Woman is teasing a big announcement for tomorrow:
https://www.facebook.com/celticwoman/photos/a.164250352837/10156754349277838/?type=3&theater

My guess would be the 2019 (Ancient Land) tour.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2018, 11:22:07 AM »

Ancient Land tour dates posted!!!!

https://www.celticwoman.com/tour-dates/

There's only 1 show in Canada next year (nowhere close to me), but there are a few shows that are close enough for me to get to and they almost always have M+Gs for those venues.

Something seems weird about this list so far though...

1) There's only 64 dates listed so far as of the time I checked (much less than the ~90 on a usual full tour)
- Maybe they haven't finished putting up the list yet for today's announcement
- Or maybe they're going to post / announce more later, maybe even a longer international tour next year

2) There's some venues listed twice on completely different weeks of the same tour

3) There's venues they're returning to this year that they just visited on the Homecoming tour
- One of those venues works out very well for me, but it makes very little sense for them to go back there in consecutive years
- The turnout is always low for those shows and the crowd there isn't very enthusiastic (I've already seen 2 Celtic Woman shows at that venue, so I know what it's going to be like)

There's quite a few shows I could potentially get to, but only if I do like a mini-roadie trip and follow the tour bus for a week or so. Most of the shows I can get to are mid-week. I can really only get to 2 shows from here without basically booking a whole week off and following the bus (which I might end up doing).

For those of us potentially planning to go to Utah to see CaraNua, the show in Utah is on March 29, which is unlikely to overlap with any CaraNua tour. :(

Georgia show is on March 9, which likely wouldn't be near the time of Lisa Kelly's spring show.

But hopefully there's some shows near everyone here on the forum so we can all enjoy at least one show!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 12:05:22 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2018, 12:40:43 PM »

Minneapolis made the list!! At the gorgeous Orpheum Theater, same venue that had the amazingly fantastic roaring crowd during the VOA tour.

That is odd that it's such a short tour, we'll see what that's about.

I need to go through the list again more slowly now to see options for 2nd/3rd shows.

Yassssss!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, 2019 Tour - Theme by GlenS