Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:58:51 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  HomeComing
| | |-+  HomeComing on Tour
| | | |-+  Columbia Review
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Columbia Review  (Read 2508 times)
White Rose

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2018, 07:27:51 AM »

I'm pretty much copy pasting this from the other site.  ;)

So I'm looking at the tour setlist as I write this.

First thing, I saw Alex! Woohoo!

The differences I see from the list is that Alex sang The Voice in place of From a Distance. So I've read on here that her version is phenomonal. Holy cow, does she throw herself into it. I think her version is my favorite. She did sing She Moved Thru the Fair, and did quite a bit of choreography in it.

Also, it is *not* Wild Mountain Thyme. It's Wild Mountain Side. I'm going to be replaying that one a lot when they release the recording of it.

The choreography was a lot better this time around than most of what I've seen out of them. It was a lot more like what I saw the last time I saw Susan when she was doing her solos, and everyone was doing it.

Also, I don't know what happened, but the sound balance was horrendous on Amazing Grace. It sounded terrible, and I know it wasn't the girls' fault. It was just completely off with the mix of their voices.

The new ceili song is so much fun!

The other bits:

Of the shows I've seen Mairead in, tonight was by far the best. She was phenomenal, and a lot better than the other times I've seen her.

Eabha seemed a lot more comfortable and confident tonight than the other time I saw her. Also, it seems they've finally figured out what to do with her voice. 

Tara is completely different from Mairead N, and that's a good thing. Also, she just exudes sheer glee that she gets to do what she's doing, kind of like, "I get to be part of this? REALLY?!" Yup, you are good enough to be in this! She's like that all the time.

Alex. Dang. I forgot about her stage presence. And how it seems like she's singing directly to you.

It hadn't been promoted pretty much anywhere, by anyone, that I saw. I only knew about it because I checked celticwoman.com. So they didn't sell many tickets. I hope they come back.  ???
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Columbia Review - Theme by GlenS