Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:31:56 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Songs from the Heart
| | |-+  Songs from the Heart Recording Anniversary
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Songs from the Heart Recording Anniversary  (Read 2750 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2019, 11:42:34 PM »

10 years ago on July 28th, Celtic Woman: Songs from the Heart was recorded at Powerscourt.

Of all the Celtic Woman DVDs, Songs from the Heart was perhaps the most spectacular. The grounds, the Powerscourt house, the impressive array of lighting, the fireworks ... it was all visually stunning to watch on screen. The most amazing aspect, of course, were the ladies on stage in their stunning gowns, dazzling us with their gorgeous music. Lisa Kelly, Chloë, Alex, Lynn and Mairead Nesbitt were an impressive lineup.

Songs from the Heart is one of my go-to DVDs (A New Journey being the other) for introducing a new prospective fan to Celtic Woman. If someone doesn't love at least something from that magnificent production, they're probably never going to feel about the group like I do.

Last year, I finally got to see Powerscourt for myself. It was surreal to stand where they stood, to looking out across those gardens at the distant Wicklow Mountains. I imagined what it would have been like to be in that audience the night those lovely ladies and their team made one of my all-time-favourite concert DVDs.

As amazing as it was to be there, in that place, it didn't quite as overwhelmingly special as I had expected it to. The grounds were quite parched from the unusually dry summer. But it was more than that. I felt a bit out of place in time. It wasn't Powerscourt that was special to me but rather the magic that Celtic Woman made there. It was their music and the people that made it that eventually made a difference in my life and though all of those ladies were in my heart, Powerscourt still felt empty without them up on stage.

Fortunately, I got to be a part of the Ancient Land recording at Johnstown Castle a few days later and that somewhat eased the pain of having missed out on so many special things Celtic Woman did before I followed them as closely as I do now.

Of those lovely leading ladies in Songs from the Heart, I have met only Chloë, Mairead, and Lynn and although I've seen Lisa Kelly perform live, I have never had the privilege of meeting her. As I write this, I have yet to ever see the amazing Alex Sharpe in person.

Songs from the Heart was some of Celtic Woman's finest work. I am so grateful to those on and off the stage who made that show as special as it was. Happy Anniversary, Songs from the Heart and thank you for all the joy you continue to bring into my life.
Maloney

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 03:20:27 PM »

it truly was a special event  Was so happy we were able to go.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Songs from the Heart Recording Anniversary - Theme by GlenS