Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:16:45 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  How many shows / meet and greets have you been to?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How many shows / meet and greets have you been to?  (Read 16036 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2021, 10:30:26 PM »

Updated my list as of January 17th, 2021. I finally got to meet Lisa Kelly! Virtually, of course.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2021, 08:28:27 PM »

I went to see Chloe on Sunday in Duluth, GA.  Once I got a minute when I got back home, I thought I would update my list of shows.  Her Sunday night show was my 100th CW/Lisa/Chloe show!  And they were all in person!  I don't even want to think about what this cost me, but it was worth every penny.

I have met all the girls except Orla and Hayley
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2021, 07:18:22 PM »

Congrats on reaching #100! That's a lot of awesome shows!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2022, 07:41:47 PM »

Some recent milestones for me:
- Fort Myers, Florida in 2022 was my 25th Celtic Woman group show and also my 50th Celtic Woman related show!
- The evening show with Chloë in Duluth, GA in December 2021 was the 25th time I saw a Celtic Woman performer (or choir member) perform separately from the group
- Sarasota, Florida in 2022 was the 25th time I've seen Tara perform in person. I've now seen Tara more times than any other performer. Ever! Sarasota was also the 20th time I've seen Megan perform.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 07:49:56 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
Laura4

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2022, 04:41:58 AM »

It is interesting to read all your stories about the concerts!
I have never met the girls, but i have been in 4 Celtic Woman shows. Believe (2012), Destiny (2016), Voices of Angels (2017) and Ancient Land 2019. So I've seen perform live: Mairead N., Mairead C., Chloe, Lisa L., Susan, Tara, Éabha and Megan. I  hope they will have a tour in Europe again soon!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2023, 09:50:25 PM »

What does everyone think. Should High Kings concerts count as "Celtic-Woman-related" concerts?
Same question for High Kings CDs and DVDs.

Some points in favor:
- The High Kings (including multiple of their current members), have opened for Celtic Woman on tour.
- Both groups have tracks on the A Celtic Family Christmas album (although they don't perform together on any of those songs on the album).
- Both groups had David Downes as a musical director for several years.

Points against:
- As far as I know, no High Kings members have ever been in the Celtic Woman choir, so they were basically 2 separate groups that performed at the same concerts for a little while and shared a label.
- If you have everything The High Kings have ever done but the only other thing in your "solo" collection is Lisa Kelly's solo album, is that a Celtic Woman related collection or just a High Kings collection? 🤣
- If we start counting any person or group that's ever performed with Celtic Woman as "related" material, the scope of this might get out of hand. They recorded some songs with Chris De Burgh, so is all of Chris De Burgh's stuff Celtic-Woman-related then?

Other thoughts:
- It feels like the shows, albums, and DVDs of guests, such as Rebecca Winckworth and Oonagh, should be included are Celtic-Woman-related.
- The things Colm Keegan recorded with Celtic Thunder feel like they should be related because he was in the choir (and on the Songs from the Heart DVD). And likewise, if you went to a CT show with Colm in it, it's probably a CW-related show. But if you're a CT super-fan and saw Celtic Thunder 300 times and Celtic Woman 3 times, that seems like it would really de-values support of more closely related CW performers and and their work.
- We could start differentiating related-vs-unrelated content based on someone's reason for attending a show or buying an album/DVD. For example, if I buy an obscure album Méav was on because Méav was in Celtic Woman, it's a "related" album, but if I buy a High Kings album because I like the High Kings, that's not related? That introduces problems associated with subjectivity.
- Does every Secret Garden album that contains a song that Celtic Woman eventually performed count as Celtic Woman related too, because Secret Garden is the source of a lot of Celtic Woman's best songs? I think no.

In the thread about CD / DVD collections, I've tried to differentiate a little between primary works and "fringe" works (http://www.celticwomanforum.net/index.php?topic=371.msg867#msg867). Essentially, there's a distinction between the works an artist contributed significantly (especially albums/DVDs they released on their own, or in a large number of tracks such as Celtic Heart) vs works where the CW-related artist only appears in a few tracks. But even that isn't a sufficient way to classify some of these items. Also, using the "fringe" distinction for CW-related shows doesn't work well: getting to some of those shows is tough and travelling to them is expensive. That should count for something.

I've rambled enough.

What are your thoughts?
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2023, 02:36:26 PM »

CWrazy Tom made a comment that got me thinking.  He said he went to a show in Fort Myers, FL.

Back in 2009 my daughter and I went to a show in Fort Myers.  At that time, she was a Junior in High School.  Show was a Thursday night.  My concern was she would miss school on Friday, and that causes lots of grief with the school.  Oh no, she said.  There is a college (Florida Gulf Coast University) in Ft Myers.  As long as we go on a tour as a potential student, then it's an excused absence.  (I knew I was going to be in trouble!)

Anyway, we had front row tickets and a M&G.  The Meet & Greet was with Chloe and Mairead.  My daughter was really shy but Chloe looked up at her and asked what her favorite song was.  My daughter told her.  Chloe said "I saw you singing along".  From that point on, Chloe was her favorite.  We met her a number of times including at Radio City where my daughter and Chloe talked about Broadway shows. 
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2023, 04:31:57 PM »

I love to read / hear stories like that @dbbii. And I like to look at M&G pics. There are some posted by PBS from years ago online. Looks so fun!

I am blown away by how many shows you all have been to!  :o You guys are my heroes! I could only hope that they get some special guests for a few shows next year, so I can see some of the former CW in person for the first time myself.

CWrazy Tom made a comment that got me thinking.  He said he went to a show in Fort Myers, FL.

Back in 2009 my daughter and I went to a show in Fort Myers.  At that time, she was a Junior in High School.  Show was a Thursday night.  My concern was she would miss school on Friday, and that causes lots of grief with the school.  Oh no, she said.  There is a college (Florida Gulf Coast University) in Ft Myers.  As long as we go on a tour as a potential student, then it's an excused absence.  (I knew I was going to be in trouble!)

Anyway, we had front row tickets and a M&G.  The Meet & Greet was with Chloe and Mairead.  My daughter was really shy but Chloe looked up at her and asked what her favorite song was.  My daughter told her.  Chloe said "I saw you singing along".  From that point on, Chloe was her favorite.  We met her a number of times including at Radio City where my daughter and Chloe talked about Broadway shows.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, How many shows / meet and greets have you been to? - Theme by GlenS