Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:59:33 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Ancient Land
| | |-+  Celtic Woman: New outdoor special / DVD at Johnstown Castle!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celtic Woman: New outdoor special / DVD at Johnstown Castle!  (Read 14455 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2018, 01:39:36 PM »

Massive Celtic Woman news today!

https://www.facebook.com/celticwoman/videos/10156533729192838/

We’ve been enjoying a bit of time off since our tour finished in June but have lots of exciting news on the horizon!

The first bit of news to share is that we will be filming a brand new tv special against the backdrop of the enchanting Johnstown Castle in county Wexford, Ireland. This will be the first big outdoor concert special that Celtic Woman has filmed since 2009’s Songs From The Heart.

Although the concert will not be on sale, we will have an invited audience there on the night. We will be offering a selected amount of complimentary tickets to our dedicated followers. To register your interest please email castle@celticwoman.ie

Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 02:08:11 PM »

I just saw this on my lunch break and I am absolutely speechless! Gregg and I will be in Ireland in September! I just sent my email with ticket interest and asked the exact date. Please please please be while we're there! OMG I'm flipping out right now!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 09:04:03 PM »

Still flipping out several hours later! So our Ireland trip is September 1st through 14th and we're traveling all around the country. We booked this trip nearly two years ago and it's to celebrate our ten year wedding anniversary. Being able to attend a Celtic Woman concert at a castle would make this trip absolutely perfect! I've had hope for quite awhile that they would at least do a show while we're there. Reading about this castle concert today is so incredibly awesome! Just need to know the date and if we can have tickets. Holy moly!!
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 09:07:03 AM »

I am so glad Alex & Lynn were a part of Song's From The Heart ❤.
I'd be thrilled with Meav in a song or two or a former member would somehow grace the stage again like Meav did in Destiny. Now that this is a for sure reality leads to the only CW Member not been part of an outdoor castle venue special would be Lisa Lambe so if she was invited just for this even as Guest it would fold the book. Susan finally to be in an outdoor castle special after 7 years as CW! Wow!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 01:41:30 PM »

I "registered my interest" (enthusiastically) via email the day the show was announced.

Any thoughts on how the complimentary ticket process is going to work?

Is it like a random draw? Or do all the people who entered have to go through subsequent contest or application process to determine who gets to actually go. "I've been a fan since 2005 and have been to over 200 shows..." yeah, I can't beat that. If it comes down to "you changed my life" stories, I have one, but it's not even close to the best story they're going to hear. Maybe there will be a knowledge-testing contest to narrow the field down if there's too many (hopefully it's something I can actually answer because my memory sucks and if it's something people can just Google, it's not much of a contest).

My guess is there will be between 500-2000 seats, some of which are reserved.

So if it's a random draw and they only get 2000 people who are legitimately interested, the odds are very good (probably around 50%, assuming tickets are awarded in pairs). If they get closer to 20,000 people who are interested, then the odds are < 0.5%.

I'm curious about the date(s) too (I asked as well in my email), since I'm on-call at work for a huge chunk of September. Those on-call rotations are brutal and are difficult to trade. I might have to trade 2-1 and 3-1 as an incentive for anyone to take it. If any other on-call weeks later in the year conflict with other yet-to-be-announced shows this year (Chloe, CaraNua, The Best of Christmas tour, Lisa Kelly's show, etc.), that would get really bad, really fast. That combined with how stressful a process it is for me to plan trips, the sooner we know one way or another, the better.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 02:04:07 PM »

Tom the other outdoor shows were limited to 1000 seats and this one is little different as they are going to do invite only for some of the seats for family and friends of CW and then the rest will be done as a draw like in the past im sure. Hope you and Tracie get lucky
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 02:43:32 PM »

I'm hoping to hear soon - we already have our flights for the Ireland trip booked, but are absolutely willing to spend extra to adjust the flight dates if needed. We also will be with a tour company on a planned itinerary, but we don't care where we're meant to be on concert day, we can get there and rejoin our group the next day! Just need to know soon for planning!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 05:19:23 PM »

Tom the other outdoor shows were limited to 1000 seats and this one is little different as they are going to do invite only for some of the seats for family and friends of CW and then the rest will be done as a draw like in the past im sure. Hope you and Tracie get lucky

Hmm. Those odds are not good. I've got to imagine they'll get at least 5000 people registering interest, less than 500 draws (assuming tickets are in pairs) for 5000+ registrations. < 10% chance best case. Yep. We're definitely going to need some of that luck.

I just hope the people that actually get drawn want it really, really badly like we do.

I really wish they'd sell a group of tickets too. Oh, you want $1500 per seat? If it allows me to see Celtic Woman record a DVD at a castle, sure, I'd find a way to make it work. It would still be better than being at the mercy of a cold-hearted draw. And it would still probably be cheaper than Toronto Maple Leaf playoff tickets, so ... yeah.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 08:12:36 PM »

Something else has been bugging me about this draw process:

If it's based on email without criteria (ie. providing your mailing address or some unique and valid information), what's to stop  someone from creating like 5000 email accounts and entering once with each account?

I'm entering once in the spirit of fairness, but this does seem like a pretty glaring hole in the process ... unless there's a second part to this that weeds out fake accounts, like everyone that emails in has to fill out a form with their home address, then the draw is done based on that second stage.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 07:33:20 AM »

The show is to be recorded on September 13-14, 2018!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 01:48:29 PM »

Gregg and I have confirmation that we're attending!! So excited!!
prideslaw

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2018, 02:39:02 PM »

Yea got my invitation this morning too. Asked for a ticket on the 13th,

I would like to have stayed for the 14th show but had to make sure I could get back in time for Elton John in Buffalo on the 15th.

Be interested to know how many fans are going to make it over. Perhaps we should try and organise a mass breakfast on the 13th for all N. American fans! Failing that, a few beers in a local pub perhaps after the recording.

GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2018, 03:03:58 PM »

glad you get to go enjoy some of the recordings didn't get done till after midnight depends on how many retakes they do
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2018, 05:13:16 PM »

I got my confirmation this morning for both shows (Sept 13 and 14)!

I woke up to the good news and almost couldn't get out of bed I was shaking from excitement so much. I'm pretty sure I was very unproductive at work today.

I may have to bail on one of the shows between now and then depending on how other plans work and on what my guest's schedule allows. But for now, I'm confirmed for both. If I have to choose, I'll be going to the one of the 14th (it will probably be a cleaner show the second time around, although the impact of a rain delay would also be greater).

Depends if I can actually get a hotel in Wexford too (bites fingernails nervously).

Yes, I think doing a fan gathering would be great! Tentatively, I think Sept 13 afternoon before the show or after the show would work best for me, depending on what time the show is.

Because I'm planning to do other things in Ireland besides the CW show, there's not much around Wexford, and and due to the possibility of weather delays, this is going to be a crazy-complicated trip to plan, especially the hotel booking.

We'll see how it goes when my mind is clear enough to think properly.

Wooo!!!!!!!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2018, 08:37:07 PM »

A fan gathering sounds great! Gregg and I will be going to the show on the 14th. We will already be in Ireland with a tour company and our tour is scheduled to end on the 13th. We'll be in Belfast that day. Our tentative plan then is to take a train from Belfast to Wexford on the 13th, attend the concert on the 14th, take a train to Dublin on the 15th, and fly home on the 16th. This adds two days to our trip, we would have been flying home on the 14th. This works so well - I think it's much easier than having it be somewhere in the middle of our tour. Now we just leave our group one day early. We have already booked a hotel in Wexford for the 13th and 14th. I'm going to spend some time tonight researching the trains.

I can't believe this is actually happening!! It's so wild to think that we booked this trip nearly two years ago and the dates aligned so that we can see our favorite ladies film a concert DVD at a castle. This is the perfect end for our ten year anniversary trip!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Celtic Woman: New outdoor special / DVD at Johnstown Castle! - Theme by GlenS