Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:41:01 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Chloe Agnew
| | |-+  Concerned about Chloë's Vocals
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Concerned about Chloë's Vocals  (Read 1937 times)
celtic4life

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2022, 04:52:23 PM »

Has anyone else noticed Chloë's vocal are more raspy that it was two years ago? Could she be harming her vocals on tour? Am I over thinking it and it's how's she's maturing? Just wanted to hear everyone else's thoughts. She used to have a smooth angelic voice and nows its deep and raspy sounding.
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 05:02:24 AM »

Yes, but... I think it's been that way for quite a while now. She's always a fantastic singer, but I think she doesn't really have that CW sound for years anymore; if anything, she works more in that direction again.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2022, 12:16:34 PM »

Interesting comment.  I've had some similar thoughts.  I think some of it is her voice has matured.  Keep in mind when she first started with CW she was, what, 15?  So obviously if you go back that far, it's changed.  Then, we have the whole pandemic issue.  She did a few shows during the pandemic -- I was at some of them.  At that point I thought her voice sounded "deeper".  So, does that mean she changes the songs she does?

Similar issue with Lisa Kelly after she had surgery on her vocal cords. 

Going back to maybe 2017, I had the opportunity to see Barbara Streisand on tour.  She said she recognized her voice has changed over the years.  I think she was like 70 at that time.  Did her songs sound like her recordings?  No.  Was it still a great show? Yes.

I'm not a vocalist.  But, how does a long layoff affect your voice especially if you go from almost no concerts to doing one every night?

CelticSweater
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2022, 07:52:04 PM »

I don't think she's harming her vocal cords, or that her voice could be damaged. I think the "rasp" is just part of her vocal style now. I noticed a bit of it on her Reimagined album back in 2019. And also, her voice has matured a LOT over the years, including the years she was not with Celtic Woman. I think since 2013 when she left, she's been finding her own style, her own individual voice, and has been able to spread her wings. I really love that she's managed to widen her lower range. It sounds AMAZING! I think it's really cool how she can do so much with her voice. She can still do classical, and in some songs she sings, her "innocent" voice still shows in some areas. I don't think the raspiness is anything to worry about. Her voice has just matured, and it's part of her style sometimes.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2022, 08:51:59 AM »

I've been to a number of her solo shows.  I'm tending to like them better than the CW shows.  And yes, part of that is due to getting M&Gs to see Chloe.

ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2022, 07:39:21 AM »

Yep, exactly, Tiffany! A woman in her 30s inevietably sounds different from a teenager. That's just normal.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Concerned about Chloë's Vocals - Theme by GlenS