Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:09:22 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Postcards from Ireland
| | |-+  Celtic Woman, Past, Present and the Stability I Expect for the Future
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celtic Woman, Past, Present and the Stability I Expect for the Future  (Read 1132 times)
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2022, 06:15:43 PM »

I wanted to make a post about it because I wanted to know your opinion on the subject and I thought it was cool to debate with you about it. First of all, what I want most from the CW in these years to come is a little more "stability", a lineup without so many changes either.

Recap the eras: When DD was the music producer, CW released four main albums (not counting collections and Christmas ones) they are Celtic Woman, ANJ, SFtH and Believe. They are albums that are obviously different from each other however the sound identity remains very similar, all are orchestrated (obviously one more than the others) but I think they all agree with me. During Gavin's era, we had Destiny, VoA and Ancient Land, during those years we had a super consistent lineup (if we compare with the changes we've had in the past) but I say we had a greater instability in terms of songs, while Destiny has instrumentation more similar to POP, VoA is the complete opposite with extremely classical and orchestrated songs, while Ancient Land had something a little more different with a more folk or country vibe. It's important to point out that I don't think the work that Gavin and DD did with the CW is bad at all, I'm just exposing facts that occurred and that serves as justification for my argument below:
For the Future: As I said at the beginning, I wanted a little more stability, but how do you ask me? bringing together what DD did well during his time (musical identity) and what Gavin managed to do (more solid line-up). if Daragh can bring these two extremely positive points together, he has what it takes to be one of the best (if not THE) music producer CW has ever had.
Obstacles: However, we have a super important key piece: Chlöe. As we know, Chloe returned to The CW originally for the Celebration Tour only, participating only in the American tour that would run until June 2020. However, none of that happened, and to make good on her word, she decided to stay with The CW until 2021 when again we would have the Celebration rescheduled, but it was still not possible until the producers continued with their projects and the result was an amazing Album (which I will still do a full review here on the forum) and an American tour that is worth the original Celebration of 2020. The question I want to get to here is: is Chloe going to stay on the CW beyond "Postcard"? If so, it will be amazing, if not, the songs Daragh made for PFI will be "outdated" after a new member.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Ireland show this summer. You may well remember that Tara leaked on instagram in 2020 that these shows would be the recording of a new special, well, at the time Chloë wasn't going to participate in that show because her contract was only for the 2020 US tour, and (presumably ) the same goes for 2022. HOWEVER, Chloe herself said she was looking forward to the Ireland Shows in August...

Possibility 1 (the best): Chloe has changed her mind and will stay on the CW for a while longer and Daragh's second album will be recorded this summer along with a DVD at the INEC arena in ireland.

Possibility 2: Chloe will stay in the group until the end of the PFI world tour however the ireland shows will no longer be the recording of a special (plans change after all, and this special may have already been the 2021 PFI so...).

Possibility 3 (the least I wish but it is possible): Chloe will finish her mission started in 2020 in June with the end of the US tour and after that a new member will appear for a new DVD in Ireland or just to continue the PFI tour for the ireland and dates to come.

Which of these options do you want, do you agree with my view on the DD & Gavin eras? Let's debate :) :D ;D ;D
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 09:26:21 PM »

Here's a question. Are we going the Voices of Angels follow up route?
Voices of Angels was followed by Homecoming Live from Ireland & do we think that at least one of the nights at INEC Arena will be recorded for an album similar to Homecoming?: one that would have at least some of the PFI songs & maybe some more.
Five (six soon I hope) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- I hope so.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Celtic Woman, Past, Present and the Stability I Expect for the Future - Theme by GlenS