Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:00:40 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  New streaming Celtic music "station"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New streaming Celtic music "station"  (Read 1786 times)
John910

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2022, 05:08:28 PM »

Not sure where what topic category this fits in, but there is a new streaming Celtic music "station" It is called "Celtic Lightning" and is available on the Audacy app or www.audacy.com and the go to exclusive stations and look for International or Specialty Stations or World Music as it is in all those categories.

Here is the link to it https://www.audacy.com/celticlightning/listen#schedule

By the way I work for one of the Audacy owned radio stations and am the curator of "Celtic Lightning" (and also "Audacy Polka"), which means I pick the music. When they first started the "exclusive stations", I commented on a blog on an employee work site, that the person in charge of the exclusive stations had written. I asked how to suggest different ones in the future and the person in charge commented to email her my suggestions, which I did and I was then asked if I wanted to be a curator and things took off from there.

I tried to pick as much Celtic Woman as it would let me as you could only pick certain number of songs from one artist depending on the number of songs in the playlist.

If you have any suggestions as to songs or artists I should add, please let me know by messaging me here, replying to this post, or emailing me at johnlucas91@yahoo.com

« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 06:03:10 PM by John910 » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 06:17:04 PM »

I recommend The Gothard Sisters. They're from the Pacific Northwest United States and peform Celtic Folk music. They have a bunch of songs with Irish flavor, like Wildflower Jigs and Christmas Flower.
CelticPrincess

"In the end the sun will rise on one more day."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 08:04:46 PM »

Any of the CW members' solo CD's. The station won't count it as Celtic Woman but as the individual artists instead.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 08:08:58 PM »

Any of the CW members' solo CD's. The station won't count it as Celtic Woman but as the individual artists instead.

Awesome idea! There's so many great tracks our favorite ladies recorded separately from CW.
John910

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 08:51:32 PM »

I have some with Mairead Carlin, Lynn Hilary, Lisa Kelly, Chloe Agnew, and Mairead Nesbitt.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2022, 09:27:39 PM »

Edel Murphy Amy Rivard, Alex Sharpe, Chloe Agnew, Eabha McMahon, Lisa Lambe, Órlagh Fallon, Caranua, Amy Rivard These all have had solo cd's singles outside of CW Celtic Nights, Anuna, Karl Nesbitt, Dubliners.

I also had a Celtic music radio station for streaming but the host i was using shut off all the streams coming from the US because of the royalties so I lost the station because I didn't have the funds to move the station over to a host that I had to pay for. But there was not much need for the station I didn't have many people streaming it so I just let it go and I think I had something like 500 songs uploaded for it 

Hope the list i gave you helps
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, New streaming Celtic music "station" - Theme by GlenS