Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:33:59 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The First Tale of the Tinners' Rabbits
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The First Tale of the Tinners' Rabbits  (Read 715 times)
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« on: September 17, 2022, 03:35:34 PM »

Hello, everyone! On a completely different note, I have released a novella: The First Tale of the Tinners' Rabbits

It's an ebook, a paperback edition will follow suit!

Three hares sharing three ears,
yet every one of them has two.

Meadowsweet is a Dartmoor pony, and Jack is her boy. They journey from Dartmoor to the mythical land of Harewood, to help the legendary Tinners’ Rabbits. But what is their mission, how can they help? And who is it, who is truly in need of their help?

This is the first of three tales that is truly one tale in three, and a short Christmas story to follow.

This story, in its first, unpolished form, came into being through last years Inklings Challenge, a truly amazing writing challenge to be found on tumblr (you can still sign up for this year). I decided to turn it into something larger – this story (with the little Christmas tale) is to be the first part of three, and I will write a novelisation of the whole idea in German, as well as the other two novellas (and two more short stories) in English.

The idea was to write a portal fantasy story within a Christian worldview. I came to love the setting and the characters more than I ever expected. (Well, not entirely – I always grow very attached to my characters, but in this case, I knew I shouldn't keep it at this single story.) I was wondering for nearly a year just how tackle the whole business – keep up the style I went for, what language to work in, etc.

So I finally decided I ought to stay true to myself and to the story: I will continue it, all three parts, (and an Easter story and a Pentecost story to follow the Christmas one), and publish them first as they come out, then in one, and also write a German version in the shape of one whole novel, with some adjustments to both the different language, and the format.

As it is, I am awfully fond of this little tale, and I hope that other people will enjoy it as well. Perhaps it will interest some of you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, The First Tale of the Tinners' Rabbits - Theme by GlenS