Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:50:03 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Postcards from Ireland
| | |-+  What we know so far...!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What we know so far...!  (Read 25857 times)
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2021, 12:08:04 PM »

Sorry to spill the beans but

been confirmed by my Edna source(s) that Amazing Grace, Danny Boy and The Parting Glass will feature no harmonies.
The women will stand still and take turns. :P

Apparently explains for Meav packed her bags. 😮

Jajajajajajajajajajajajaja
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 12:12:18 PM by rfcw » Logged
CelticPrincess

"In the end the sun will rise on one more day."

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2021, 12:23:48 PM »

Nooooo!!! Who’s Edna and how does she know?
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2021, 01:49:32 PM »

So they have new arrangements? Anyway, the original concert had very few harmonies, and the same goes to some of their more popular songs. Yes, I love the harmonies, too, but we can't know whether the songs will be good or not before we hear them.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2021, 02:12:09 PM »

Nooooo!!! Who’s Edna and how does she know?

Edna from The Incredible's Darling! ;D

So they have new arrangements? Anyway, the original concert had very few harmonies, and the same goes to some of their more popular songs. Yes, I love the harmonies, too, but we can't know whether the songs will be good or not before we hear them.

My hopes are up for these. Any new version of fan favorites is truly special.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 02:16:15 PM by rfcw » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2021, 08:17:07 PM »

been confirmed by my Edna source(s) that Amazing Grace, Danny Boy and The Parting Glass will feature no harmonies.

You've got to be kidding me. Are the new musical director and mixer trying to sabotage the group? How buzzed am I going to have to be to watch the PBS special? I'm half expecting Danny Boy to be a rap solo at this point. What is going on?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 08:27:24 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2021, 08:51:28 AM »

You've got to be kidding me. Are the new musical director and mixer trying to sabotage the group? How buzzed am I going to have to be to watch the PBS special? I'm half expecting Danny Boy to be a rap solo at this point. What is going on?

You do know I was just being hysterical   ;D
Harmonies mean everything to me with CW!
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2021, 09:56:11 AM »

I am so happy with the inclusion of photographing Susan. I kind of at first wasn't surprised if there be just one for the tour lineup poster. I am overly surprised that the back of the album has her not once but twice aside from her in red but in the other's other outifts whether it's just a casual pose or will those be an act 2 or 3 dress change. From the clip and also an instagram story pic it looks like there's four different outfit changes unless there's more??

I think this director if he's able to direct how the album appears seems to want to respect Susan as a member of CW even if the album has her only for one solo. Yes Meav was on the DVD cover of Destiny and she was guest but she didn't have but one appearence which could been her option not wanting to and also over promote like she is back and the lineup on tour. The thing is it's fantastic to me with much love but a lot of other's whether they know Susan or not, might think she's in the group songs by listening but sure most question on the music videos already seen a comment saying why Susan is not there. I think it's really great and maybe the 1st time an official CW as Guest position (while) a new album so which explains.~*
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 09:59:10 AM by rfcw » Logged
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2021, 08:03:35 AM »

You will have got this on the back of the booklets for the album but I found a clearer image without any credits to share with you all  :)

I know they look quite casual, but I'd assume those outfits would be their céilí outfits when they go on tour  :P
Granuaile

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2021, 11:45:34 AM »

Interview with Chloe Agnew about her time with the group and CW's Postcards From Ireland Album and Special:

https://www.sundayworld.com/showbiz/irish-showbiz/celtic-womans-chloe-agnew-reveals-what-it-was-like-to-hit-the-big-time-with-the-group-at-15-41025799.html?fbclid=IwAR2M_rRsaKKvIO5xd7OQOhBhxqkwgFZm5XQmYLEyNfHorIBvlB2fWfoTxds
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2021, 01:01:40 PM »

Nice Article 🙏

If May it Be is on the DVD setlist will it mean we just see scenery with Susan's voice?(?)
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2021, 08:58:00 PM »

Interview with Chloe Agnew about her time with the group and CW's Postcards From Ireland Album and Special:

https://www.sundayworld.com/showbiz/irish-showbiz/celtic-womans-chloe-agnew-reveals-what-it-was-like-to-hit-the-big-time-with-the-group-at-15-41025799.html?fbclid=IwAR2M_rRsaKKvIO5xd7OQOhBhxqkwgFZm5XQmYLEyNfHorIBvlB2fWfoTxds

It sounds like Chloe may be back just a little longer than we thought. Just the way she describes that coming back was the best thing with her being different from the solo work and stepping in as more mature artist.
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2021, 05:54:51 AM »

Maybe Susan actually did record May it Be on location. Or they use the group version on the DVD – it wouldn't be the first time for a CW DVD to feature a different version of a song than the album.
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 10, 2021, 05:56:01 AM »

If Susan doesn't feature on the PBS special, perhaps May it Be could be sung by the three vocalists, or Chloë and Muirgen to tie in with Megan and Tara's duet? I doubt that will happen, but it'd be nice to see a little make-up for Susan not being there.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2021, 07:20:30 AM »

Wasn't the filming of The DVD before the CD. Usually the CD is first which is funny because would that explain Susan only being on the CD. If the filming was after the CD it be sure of a matter Susan could film for that.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 10, 2021, 09:05:05 AM »

The tour is going to be "interesting" on a number of levels.  Tours are brutal.  Every night in a different hotel. Minimal time off.  For this year especially, what is the COVID impact going to be?  And lets not even get into the mask/vaccine differences.  Then you have a new person in the group.  Yes, that's happened before, but not with all the other things going on.  New musical director. 

Depending on the specific girl, some really seemed to like the interaction with fans.  Other, not so much.  I don't expect to see M&Gs this year, and maybe never again.  One of the reasons I have been to a lot of shows was I was willing (and able) to pay for a M&G ticket.  This year, I'm going to two "local" shows and two out of town shows.  The out of town shows I bought tickets for back in 2019.  I just let them roll over.  I have mixed feelings about the out of town shows after listening to the CD.   Do I spend the money on airfare, hotels, car rental, etc?  Granted I said this same thing a couple tours ago.  Since I live in Florida, I usually have the opportunity to see a couple shows very early in the tour.  If I want to go to more, I have time to plan.  Granted, M&Gs were becoming hard to get.

I went to my first show in 2007 so I've seen a lot of the changes.  Some I liked, some I didn't like as much.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, What we know so far...! - Theme by GlenS