Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:21:12 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  New upcoming TV special and CD
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New upcoming TV special and CD  (Read 3409 times)
pammy314

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2021, 06:24:25 PM »

Included in Celtic Woman introduction of Muirgen O'Mahoney--mention is made of UPCOMING TV SPECIAL and new CD.  Anyone have any more info about this most exciting news.   
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 11:25:06 PM »

We've heard that it's called Postcards From Ireland (also the name of next year's tour) and that the special will air on pbs later this year. I think that's all we know so far.
CelticSweater
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 10:12:48 PM »

I am SOOO excited!!! OMG I always get excited for a new album, and I can't wait to hear Muirgen with the other girls! She's awesome!
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 06:45:02 PM »

This was posted today on Facebook. I'm excited to see Chloe AND SUSAN!! It would be amazing if there was a recording of 5 girls again!!!!
CelticSweater
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 01:40:16 PM »

I hope that will be the case. Don't get me wrong; Celtic Woman is AMAZING even with only 3 voices, but I really miss the 4-part harmonies and the fullness of seeing 5 girls standing side-by-side. I hope Susan will be a part of the special/CD. I know she won't be touring with them since she has 2 children. But I hope that they do have 5 girls as part of the special and CD, and I hope they bring in another vocalist for the tour. We'll just have to wait and see, and keep our fingers crossed.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 06:05:53 PM »

This would be amazing if it's the 5 of them on the album and dvd!
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 11:44:59 PM »

This would be amazing if it's the 5 of them on the album and dvd!
I wonder if there's a way to hear Muirgen from something else she's done in her career.
Five (six soon) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- April 16, 2024.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2021, 11:48:30 PM »

She's in this RTE Orchestra musical theater concert along with Susan. It's a fabulous concert!

https://youtu.be/EaAXBPPRAGw
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2021, 10:01:32 AM »

I hope that will be the case. Don't get me wrong; Celtic Woman is AMAZING even with only 3 voices, but I really miss the 4-part harmonies and the fullness of seeing 5 girls standing side-by-side. I hope Susan will be a part of the special/CD. I know she won't be touring with them since she has 2 children. But I hope that they do have 5 girls as part of the special and CD, and I hope they bring in another vocalist for the tour. We'll just have to wait and see, and keep our fingers crossed.

Maybe, just maybe, they are filming with the 5 because Susan may fill in for Chloe during the tours like she's done in the past and Susan can sing her songs from the album.
CelticPrincess

"In the end the sun will rise on one more day."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2021, 12:05:12 PM »

I think if Susan films, records, tours, or does anything else with them, they should add her as a current member when they update their website lineup. She's done so much for them it feels like she never left.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2021, 11:32:49 PM »

Not sure how much to read into this, but the "present" lineup on the Celtic Woman site has been updated to include Chloë, Tara, Megan, and Muirgen. Susan is still listed as a former member.

Susan could still be on the album / DVD as a guest performer and be their go-to fill-in-member for tours.

We shall see.

dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2021, 11:03:05 AM »

Back in 2020 I believe Chloe had maybe 4 conflicts.  Remember, back in 2019, she was touring on her own, and had scheduled some things in early 2020 before rejoining CW.  I had tickets to one of her solo shows.  Because it was only a few shows, that's why Susan came back.  Touring with a really young child can be really difficult (ask Lisa!).

rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2021, 01:49:51 PM »

As much as I agree with the current new lineup, I think since it's been so long since Ancient Land that a fourth member none other than Susan deserves to be part of this DVD at least! It's the same thing with Susan now as was with both Lynn and Alex all that they've done to help fill in and help along with the Anniversary shows! For me it made more sense to had Alex and Lynn as special guests on Destiny. Alex did superb on Homecoming Tour and Lynn covered majority of Emerald Tour. Same with Susan immediately like Alex did for her jumping the bandwagon on the Ancient Land Tour! 

Maybe Susan's guest solo be From a Distance lol.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, New upcoming TV special and CD - Theme by GlenS