Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:14:59 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  Fun and Games (Moderator: Kevin R.I.)
| | |-+  Name That Tune
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Name That Tune  (Read 26411 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2023, 08:38:52 PM »

On DVD, this song was the first to feature a stringed instrument on the main stage that wasn't played by Máiréad Nesbitt or Órla Fallon and wasn't a piano.

Hmm. Good question. I would have guessed "Isle of Inisfree" also.

I'll take a guess but it's just a guess. I'm thinking of songs that feature a guitar. ??? So I'll guess "Carolina Rua"...

That did have a nice guitar feature on camera to go along with Lynn's charm. I think the guitarist was still positioned with the band though and that one got omitted from the Songs from the Heart DVD, although it found its place in the hearts of fans on YouTube. The one I'm thinking of, the performer starts on the main stage. The singers move around more than the performer during the song.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 08:41:01 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2023, 09:27:55 AM »

On DVD, this song was the first to feature a stringed instrument on the main stage that wasn't played by Máiréad Nesbitt or Órla Fallon and wasn't a piano.

I'll take a guess but it's just a guess. I'm thinking of songs that feature a guitar. ??? So I'll guess "Carolina Rua"...

That did have a nice guitar feature on camera to go along with Lynn's charm. I think the guitarist was still positioned with the band though and that one got omitted from the Songs from the Heart DVD, although it found its place in the hearts of fans on YouTube. The one I'm thinking of, the performer starts on the main stage. The singers move around more than the performer during the song.

I love the Details you mentioned and pointed -out about this solo performance it's so suddle and light hearted like Lynn herself .
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 09:29:58 AM by rfcw » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2023, 11:41:27 PM »

I love the Details you mentioned and pointed -out about this solo performance it's so suddle and light hearted like Lynn herself .

It also contains embedded clues about the song I'm thinking of. 😉
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2023, 07:33:58 PM »

Ok, let me try one more time. This is a better guess, as the last one I was just going off of the melody in my head.

'A Woman's Heart' has a cello player on the main stage. I just don't know if it's the first song that fits your original question...

CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2023, 07:50:08 PM »

Ok, let me try one more time. This is a better guess, as the last one I was just going off of the melody in my head.

'A Woman's Heart' has a cello player on the main stage. I just don't know if it's the first song that fits your original question...

That's the one! Well done!
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2023, 10:38:34 PM »

Oh I'm a little surprised.  :o

I need to research a question that I've been thinking of. BRB

(@CelticPrincess: I took your turn the last time I asked a question. You can post a Q if you see this message.)
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2023, 07:46:38 PM »

This song is written by a famous 18th century composer.

The music / melody itself was used at least 3 times in different compositions. CW covered the 3rd version.

Name that tune.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2023, 09:13:36 PM »

The music / melody itself was used at least 3 times in different compositions. CW covered the 3rd version.

Name that tune.

Without fully thinking this through:
Vivaldi's Rain?

Vivaldi (1678-1741) did compose music during the 18th century (1700s), including the work for which he is probably best known: The Four Seasons. The Winter largo from Four Seasons was covered by Hayley in 2003-ish as River of Dreams and apparently Mùa Đôn released a song based on the melody in 2005. If there weren't any other well-documented instances of artists leveraging this lovely melody for their own purposes, that would make Celtic Woman's "Vivaldi's Rain" the 3rd version.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2023, 09:59:46 PM »

Name that tune.

Vivaldi's Rain?

Vivaldi (1678-1741) did compose music during the 18th century (1700s), including the work for which he is probably best known: The Four Seasons. The Winter largo from Four Seasons was covered by Hayley in 2003-ish as River of Dreams and apparently Mùa Đôn released a song based on the melody in 2005. If there weren't any other well-documented instances of artists leveraging this lovely melody for their own purposes, that would make Celtic Woman's "Vivaldi's Rain" the 3rd version.

No, sorry. But that's a great guess.

Let me clarify the 2nd part of the clue:

The music / melody itself was used at least 3 times in different compositions by the original composer in the 18th century. CW covered the 3rd version.

I'll add more hints later as needed.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2023, 01:55:33 PM »

Name that tune.

Vivaldi's Rain?

No, sorry. But that's a great guess.

Let me clarify the 2nd part of the clue:

The music / melody itself was used at least 3 times in different compositions by the original composer in the 18th century. CW covered the 3rd version.

I'll add more hints later as needed.

Handel's Lascia Ch'io Pianga (previously used as an Asian dance in Almira, then re-puprosed as "Lascia la spina" in Il trionfo del tempo e del disinganno, then lastly Lascia Ch'io Pianga in Rinaldo). If you write a good melody, you might as well milk it for all its worth.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2023, 05:16:21 PM »

Yes! You got it!

Lascia Ch'io Pianga = 'Let Me Weep' in English.

I love CW's cover of this song!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2023, 08:17:47 PM »

This song was the 7th solo to be performed on a Celtic Woman DVD in a language other than English.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2023, 08:54:49 PM »

This song was the 7th solo to be performed on a Celtic Woman DVD in predominately or entirely a language other than English.

Hints:
It's from A New Journey.
I'm counting songs that had some English words as long as most of the song was non-English.
I'm not counting songs that have some non-English words / phrases if a significant portion of the lyrics were English.
It was a correct answer to one of the previous questions.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2023, 12:18:58 PM »

Lascia Ch'io Pianga?

It doesn't have English tho...
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2023, 01:09:47 PM »

Lascia Ch'io Pianga?

It doesn't have English tho...

That is correct!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Name That Tune - Theme by GlenS