Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:32:40 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Home For Christmas
| | |-+  I finally watched Home For Christmas the Blu-ray
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I finally watched Home For Christmas the Blu-ray  (Read 2626 times)
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« on: December 04, 2019, 01:13:52 AM »

Now that it's Christmas season, I've been setting up Christmas decorations and finally getting around to watching my two Celtic Woman Christmas videos discs!

Last night I watched the the Home for Christmas Blu-ray.  I haven't seen the DVD, but the Blu-ray looks so spectacular thanks to the high resolution of the Blu-ray format and the effort that Celtic Woman put into decorations (e.g. the audience tables that sometimes light up in different colors).

One of the main things that surprised me was how much Susan McFadden stood out, almost as if she were the star of the show.  In contrast to the Destiny and Homecoming productions, she totally owns the Home For Christmas disc!  Her two solos were the the most fun solos on the disc by far.  In Santa Claus is Coming to Town, I love how she sits at tables with the audience and sings to them.  Susan's second solo was It Came Upon A Midnight Clear, which was awesome because of the gospel choir that sang behind her.  On top of that, Susan's entrance into the group song O Tannenbaum gave me a strong dose of positive emotion because she was the third person to sing, and the first person singing in English.

You just can't compete with Susan's awesomeness if your solos are somber songs like I'll Be Home For Christmas, Auld Lang Syne, and Silent Night.

I go to so many fancy live concerts these days, but sometimes it's better to just stay in, grab a drink, turn on the Christmas tree, and watch a Celtic Woman disc.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 11:58:11 AM by VegasDavid » Logged
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 12:18:58 PM »

Yes of course Susan was a grand lead presence on Destiny and her confidence never left away her on Homecoming. She even stood out now filling in Mairead for a few Shows on The Ancient Land Tour!

For Susan to stood out strong on HFC is what you expect with authentic Susan. The fact that Susan originally took the place that was Chloe to be idk because Chloe, Lisa L & Meav were the CD. Chloe's presence had she been on HFC would been stand out aside Meav's stand out voice of course! Santa Clause Is Coming to Town was Chloe's solo on the CD and it be certain Chloe's 2nd solo would been Adele Festes on the DVD just like the CD it's quite possible she could got It Came Upon a Midnight Clear but the powerhouse belt by Susan fits for Her so perfectly!*
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 12:21:18 PM by rfcw » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, I finally watched Home For Christmas the Blu-ray - Theme by GlenS