Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:36:58 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  The Magic of Christmas 2019 Tour
| | |-+  How would you like a dvd recording to be?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How would you like a dvd recording to be?  (Read 2133 times)
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« on: December 06, 2021, 02:03:21 PM »

With the new line up, obviously. I mean, Home for Christmas also got a recording much later, and with Susan instead of Chloe, and it worked really well. And as we now know that they can still use Gavin Murphy's arrangements (and that they also mix well with O'Toole's) there should also be no problem in that sense.

There would have to be more songs, of course, and a few changes in the solo. Megan and Tara would, obviously, keep their solos from the album. I would, however, turn Dia Do Bheatha into a group number, make O Come, O Come Emmanuel Megan's second solo, and give Chloe and Muirgen two other solos each.

For additional songs, there's still the VoA versions of Once in Royal David's City and Joy to the World. They could do a new version of In the Bleak Midwinter, perhaps for Muirgen, or as a group number, and I also miss CW doing Adeste Fideles in one way or another. Another good solo for Muirgen would be the version of We Three Kings that Mairéad sang. For Chloe, It Came Upon A Midnight Clear and White Christmas would make good solos. That would be pretty close to the MoC tour, and still made to suit the current line up.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 02:24:58 PM by ShiningBright » Logged
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 03:16:58 PM »

My view is very similar to yours, but with a few differences:

• I picture Dia do Bheatha as a solo, particularly for Muirgen, or a group number for the singers (since Tara wasn't involved in the recording of this song, but who knows, she could get in there  ;D)
Silent Night and Auld Lang Syne could transition from one song to the other since the former is played entirely in while the introduction and instrumental bridge of the latter are both played in the same key (Bb major)
• If O Holy Night is performed, I'm assuming the arrangement used will be the 2020 version the group put up on YouTube
Carol of the Bells would be perfect as an opener and if there's no interval in recording the Murphy's Mistletoe suite could be performed while the girls change their gowns (if possible)
• I would like to see a sort of sing-along medley (like what was done on the MoC tour) nearing the end of each act; songs of a suitable nature would be We Wish You a Merry Christmas, Deck the Halls, Feliz Navidad and Sleigh Ride
• Songs worth rearrangements for group numbers would be White Christmas (acapella would be nice) and I'll Be Home for Christmas
• New songs I'd like to hear as group numbers would be Let it Go (from Frozen), O Little Town of Bethlehem and Believe (from The Polar Express)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, How would you like a dvd recording to be? - Theme by GlenS