Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:50:32 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Ancient Land
| | |-+  Ancient Land on Tour
| | | |-+  Farewell to the Ancient Land tour
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Farewell to the Ancient Land tour  (Read 2503 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2019, 06:26:42 PM »

Tonight was the final performance of the Ancient Land tour.

Some of us were lucky enough to begin this journey at Johnstown Castle in Wexford, Ireland at the DVD recording. It's still hard for me to process that I was there. It was such an amazing experience to finally visit Celtic Woman in their homeland and it was even more special getting to share that experience with forum friends I hope I stay close to for the rest of my life. There was such anticipation at the castle as the sun went down and Celtic Woman unveiled their beautiful new show.

Ancient Land featured my favorite set list of any of the tours I've seen so far. The new arrangements (including Newgrange, Bean Phaidin, Orinoco Flow, and Fields of Gold) were all phenomenal and they instantly became my favorite versions of those songs.

I got to attend 4 shows (not including the castle) and 4 Meet and Greets! The planning was a bit hectic, but it was definitely worth it!

In an astonishingly fortunate coincidence, the last show of the North American tour occurred at Red Rocks on my birthday. I couldn't have asked for a better gift than to enjoy that beautiful music at a bucket-list venue with great friends.

I wish I could have seen more shows over in Europe, but I was holding back precious vacation days and funds for shows by former Celtic Woman members that never materialized in the fall.

It's sad to see such a special tour come to an end, but the sun sets only to rise again. The 2019 Symphony / Christmas tour is only a few weeks away and the Celebration Tour is just beyond the horizon.

Thank you to everyone at Celtic Woman who made that dream come true for all of us at the castle and for every incredible night on tour. You should all be very proud of all the hard work you did. I promise you it was worth it. After 15 years, you still find a way to enrich our lives and touch our hearts. Rest assured that it won't be long before I return to once again experience your beautiful Ancient Land.
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 08:11:21 PM »

Well said, Tom!   🤗
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 10:52:05 PM »

Lovely tribute to Ancient Land, Tom! I loved Ancient Land so much, from the beginning at Johnstown Castle to my final show in Europe and everything in between (including Red Rocks!). Ancient Land is 10 of my current Celtic Woman show total of 18, my 1st dvd filming, 3 of my 4 official meet and greets, plus numerous stage door meetings. It's also the starting point of my meeting other fans in person and I completely agree with Tom that I hope we're friends for life!

To say Ancient Land was phenomenal would be an understatement. Thanks for all the amazing experiences and memories ladies and bring on the Christmas and Celebration tours!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Farewell to the Ancient Land tour - Theme by GlenS