Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:26:08 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  What Songs Will They Perform At The Helix?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Songs Will They Perform At The Helix?  (Read 4098 times)
Johnjumps1903

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2023, 09:16:07 AM »

Figured seeing as it’s already not long till the show we might as well start speculating/predicting what songs we think they’ll be performing for the specials and who gets what solo’s😅
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 11:09:11 AM »

I’d expect some that we’re familiar with
Five (six soon) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- April 16, 2024.
CelticPrincess

"In the end the sun will rise on one more day."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2023, 12:57:09 PM »

Probably You Raise Me Up, Danny Boy, Amazing Grace, The Parting Glass, Orinoco Flow, and Teir Abhaile Riu. I'd most likely expect someone to sing Dulaman.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2023, 04:38:49 PM »

Probably You Raise Me Up, Danny Boy, Amazing Grace, The Parting Glass, Orinoco Flow, and Teir Abhaile Riu. I'd most likely expect someone to sing Dulaman.
Whenever there's a special that is entirely (or almost entirely) old songs Dualaman is on that list (if it can be on Emerald & Homecoming I don't know why not this one).
Five (six soon) shows.
Granuaile

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2023, 04:45:18 PM »

Yes, almost impossible for them to not include those. I would love it if we could get some of the CWs original show songs though... Like One World, The Soft Goodbye, etc.; At the Ceili, Nil Sen Lá would be lovely as well. But I am not sure if we would ever get any David Downes songs ever again; well, we had a huge chunk of them in the last Christmas tour, so maybe we are in luck.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2023, 07:44:11 PM »

Yes, almost impossible for them to not include those. I would love it if we could get some of the CWs original show songs though... Like One World, The Soft Goodbye, etc.; At the Ceili, Nil Sen Lá would be lovely as well. But I am not sure if we would ever get any David Downes songs ever again; well, we had a huge chunk of them in the last Christmas tour, so maybe we are in luck.
How about from Ancient Land/Postcards from Ireland? Which songs from those might resurface??
Five (six soon) shows.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2023, 08:28:55 PM »

A few that come to my mind that seem likely to return are Ballroom of Romance, The Kesh Inn, and Mo Ghile Mear.

Some others that I'd love to see are Going Home, Westering Home, Follow Me, Bean Phaidin (Ancient Land version), and Time To Say Goodbye.

Some thoughts I have as potential solos - Mairéad maybe I See Fire, Dulaman, or Nella Fantasia. Tara maybe For the Love of a Princess. Those are the songs that jump out to me the most for those two. Harder to guess for Muirgen and especially for Emma.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 08:51:53 PM by Tracie » Logged
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2023, 09:05:11 PM »

A few that come to my mind that seem likely to return are Ballroom of Romance, The Kesh Inn, and Mo Ghile Mear.

Some others that I'd love to see are Going Home, Westering Home, Follow Me, Bean Phaidin (Ancient Land version), and Time To Say Goodbye.

Some thoughts I have as potential solos - Mairéad maybe I See Fire, Dulaman, or Nella Fantasia. Tara maybe For the Love of a Princess. Those are the songs that jump out to me the most for those two. Harder to guess for Muirgen and especially for Emma.
Yeah I have a feeling Mairead may get at least one of her old solos.
Before COVID-19 shut down the Celebration tour she'd been singing Dulaman, Megan had been singing I See Fire but maybe they'd give Mairead back I See Fire, Isle of Inisfree (with Tara) -- too bad that one's never been rerecorded (only Orla's recording from the first show is all that's out there from Celtic Woman), Over the Rainbow with Megan (maybe Emma or Muirgen would join her), Nella Fantasia, May it Be with Megan & Chloe.
Wouldn't it be something if they did the 15th anniversary setlist and while adding The Dawning Of The Day, Mise Eire, Beeswing, Wild Mountain Thyme or any Postcards from Ireland favorites.
Five (six soon) shows.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2023, 10:29:55 PM »

I'm all for powerful ones that gave such impact to the group! You would all be crying out if this set list was included like One World and Non Ce Piu though I doubt they keep those only for the highlights of their specials!

The Bean Phaden 2019 version and Nil Sen LA 2017 version have never been recorded during a special and both include my absolute favorite choreography ❤️ The choreography of celebration tour like Orinoco Flow and Mo Ghile Mear last year were some of the most dynamic choreography moves they've ever had! Such improvements.

This 20th Anniversary Special looks and sounds like such a difficult task especially just by what songs to go by along with who gets what and sticking to originality or the best outcome even if it's new! Just speculation but speculating these so called special guests if singers🤭would join on some of the group's famous 4 singer lineup songs and if so that would mean using some of David's Arrangements would be feasible? ///

One thing I can easily predictable Over the Rainbow with Muirgen or Emma would be absolutely magnificent! ;)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 11:03:20 PM by rfcw » Logged
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2023, 11:47:11 AM »

I hope there will be some early Downes songs or arrangements, like the first version of Mo Ghile Mear. And I hope Mairéad will sing Scarlet Ribbons.
CelticPrincess

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2023, 12:58:53 PM »

I miss The Sky and the Dawn and the Sun, Spanish Lady, At the Ceili, and the David Downes arrangement of Mo Ghile Mear. But who knows if they’re allowed to use those? Maybe they are, since they used his arrangements for Christmas.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2023, 03:24:12 PM »

Wow! Good insightful suggestions everyone!

I'm still hoping for any of the original CW to make an appearance as a special guest, and they'd get their own solos from the original concert. (Are they counting Mairead C as the special guest?) Maybe they won't be featured since they're special guests, but how about a solo and a grand finale w/ everyone (like in Destiny).
CelticPrincess

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2023, 05:12:39 PM »

If they don't have every soloist, guest or otherwise, sing You Raise Me Up together at the end, then they'll have wasted an opportunity! I don't think Mairead C is a special guest. I think she's doing it as a current member, since she's doing the Christmas tour.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2023, 10:05:21 PM »

If they don't have every soloist, guest or otherwise, sing You Raise Me Up together at the end, then they'll have wasted an opportunity! I don't think Mairead C is a special guest. I think she's doing it as a current member, since she's doing the Christmas tour.
I can BET You Raise Me Up will be in the show. They've recorded it 6 or 7 times right now -- Perhaps do it with 6 girls like that version they did with Chloe, Lisa, Lynn, Orla, Alex & Mairead. Could be Emma, Muirgen, Mairead, Tara, Meav, Lynn??
Five (six soon) shows.
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2023, 12:49:22 PM »

I miss The Sky and the Dawn and the Sun, Spanish Lady, At the Ceili, and the David Downes arrangement of Mo Ghile Mear. But who knows if they’re allowed to use those? Maybe they are, since they used his arrangements for Christmas.
Oh, I hope!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, What Songs Will They Perform At The Helix? - Theme by GlenS