Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:50:18 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Mairead Carlin
| | |-+  Mairéad returns to Celtic Woman!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mairéad returns to Celtic Woman!  (Read 1477 times)
Tracie

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2023, 09:46:40 PM »

I know there's already a thread going about all the changes in the group and the way in which those changes get announced, but I wanted to put a thread on Mairéad's board to discuss her return.

To state the obvious, I am absolutely thrilled that Mairéad has rejoined the group! You all know that she's my favorite singer of all time since the first night I saw her perform in June 2016 on the Destiny tour. After that night, I saw her perform multiple times in each Celtic Woman tour through Celebration. When Mairéad sings I feel it in my heart, and it's the most amazing special feeling. I love it so much.

I was really sad when Mairéad left the group, but over the past 2 1/2 years I have loved supporting her as a solo artist with all my heart. It's been so amazing to contribute to her making gorgeous music, to go see 5 of the 6 performances that she's done, and to get to become good friends with her. While I did still enjoy going to Celtic Woman concerts when she wasn't in the group, it really wasn't the same without her. When concerts returned after covid and I was attending CW shows, I never felt completely satisfied with the return of live music until I went and saw Mairéad. I sure have loved her time as a solo artist. And there's still really exciting things to look forward to from her solo career - she'll be releasing her EP and the video of her solo concert!

I am delighted that Mairéad has now returned to Celtic Woman! Gregg and I were amongst the lucky ones who got tickets for the DVD filming, so I'll get to see her first return performance. And then I'll go see many many shows on the Symphony and Spring tours. I'm super excited for this new lineup of Mairéad, Tara, Muirgen and Emma and can't wait to see them perform together! This is going to be absolutely fabulous!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 10:36:10 PM »

I'm really glad you have your favorite singer back with the group!

I'm super excited to hear her and Muirgen together with Emma!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 08:10:43 AM by CWazyTom » Logged
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 11:37:30 PM »

Thanks Tom! You know I was just thinking it's funny, back in my earlier days of being a mega Celtic Woman fan, I used to make some attempt to hide the fact that Mairéad was my favorite. I did that just because I didn't want it to come across as being anything against any of the other ladies, and it absolutely wasn't. I loved them all. But Mairéad has a very special place in my heart because of the way in which I feel everything she sings. When she went solo, I thought to myself no point in attempting to hide her being my favorite anymore. Everybody's going to see me throw a massive amount of support at her solo career. So yes, I am beyond thrilled to have my favorite singer back in the group and this new lineup looks stellar!
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2023, 05:29:38 PM »

I'm glad you started a separate thread. (I did think of you when I heard the news.) Were it not for the mystery of Hannah's departure, everyone would be all-in super stoked about Mairead returning. That's epic!

I'm super excited! Lately my fave songs have been her CW covers / remakes, e.g. Dulaman, Newgrange, etc. She puts her own spin on it and gets to show off her range. Can't wait to see that in person!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2023, 10:09:00 PM »

Have you ever seen Mairéad perform in person? Oh my goodness, her performances are outstanding! I'm really excited for you to get to see her!

I was reading the announcement thread and couldn't really think of what to say in there. I'm just not really one to venture very far into the realm of speculation. I tend to just post about my experiences or about things that are known. I very much wanted to write about my excitement of Mairéad's return, so I just had to start this separate thread!

Thanks for thinking of me. Yesterday was really fun after the announcement came out - my phone was blowing up with messages! Everybody knows how much I adore Mairéad, so it was a blast to have so many people contact me about how amazing it is that she has returned!
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2023, 09:54:06 PM »

Two of the four shows I have been to were when she was in the group before. I’m IP blocked from Wikipedia & wondering if someone can add in her return on her page. It still says she’s a former member both there and on the group page. They’ve done this to me MORE than once there.
Five (six soon) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- April 16, 2024.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2023, 08:36:00 AM »

I truly missed Mairead C and Eabha not being in the group, just like when Alex and Lynn left.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 08:42:43 AM by rfcw » Logged
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2023, 01:42:17 PM »

Yesss, I'm so happy to have you back in the group, MC's along with Susan are my all time favorites on the CW,
Mairead has a very special place in my heart, after all, she was on the CW both times they came to my country Brazil. I really love her so much  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Mairéad returns to Celtic Woman! - Theme by GlenS