Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:52:13 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Lisa Lambe
| | |-+  Lisa signs with record label. Album (Juniper) on the way!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lisa signs with record label. Album (Juniper) on the way!  (Read 11015 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2020, 07:08:09 PM »

Lisa's new album Juniper releases April 3, 2020!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2020, 09:08:36 PM »

The album is available for pre-order on Amazon UK.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2020, 12:46:17 PM »

Lisa Lambe released the 2nd of 3 singles from her new album Juniper within the past few days:

Hunter's Moon

Lisa also announced a cool perk from buying on her Blue Elan Records store:
https://www.blueelan.com/lisa-lambe/

The perk and bundles is a bit different depending on whether your in Europe and the UK or elsewhere in the world.

For 'North America and the Rest of the World,' there are 3 options for the pre-order through the Blue Elan site:
- Lisa Lambe - Juniper Experience + CD Bundle
- Juniper CD
- Juniper Digital Album

The Juniper Experience is a perk where Lisa will make you or someone of your choosing a personalized video as a thank you.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2020, 08:55:25 PM »

Track listing for Juniper:

1. North Star Rise
2. Hunter’s Moon
3. Vision in Grey
4. Dust and Sand
5. Burning Love
6. Someone Like You
7. All The Stars
8. Holding Back The Tide
9. Lighthouse
10. Juniper
11. Tiny Devotions

Based on what I heard at her shows in NY last year, Burning Love is going to be my favourite. It was sooooo beautiful.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 08:59:13 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2020, 07:43:22 AM »

"Dust and Sand," the last single from Lisa Lambe's new album Juniper premiers this Friday (March 27), with both the track release and a music video.

The album release will be soon after on April 3rd!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2020, 07:14:25 PM »

LIsa is signing a limited number of albums ordered directly from her site in the Shop page. It specifically says it's signed. There are places on the site that direct you to order from Bluelan. Those CDs don't say they are signed and Lisa has confirmed they are not.

The Juniper Experience pre-orders were through Bluelan, so I expect those copies wouldn't be signed, but we shall see when mine arrives (it could be a while due to Coronavirus). Lol.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2020, 04:53:52 PM »

Lisa's new album Juniper officially launched today!

SOME SPOILERS BELOW

Launch Event

Here's the video from her launch event on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/lisalambeofficial/videos/231407874641052/

It was a lovely video.

She talked about the album and its inspiration. The album also featured pre-recorded videos of 2 songs from her album:
- Juniper
- Holding Back the Time

Both were excellent. The Juniper track seemed to sound even better in this launch than it did on the album. It was absolutely gorgeous!

There were also clips from some of the other amazing songs on the album, like Dust and Sand.

Album

I received my copy of Juniper on Wednesday. I ordered it from the label (Blue Elan) during the pre-order. As expected, Lisa didn't get to sign those ones (not to worry, I have a second signed copy on the way from her site as well). The case is made of cardboard. Handling those always scares me a bit because they're easier to damage and harder to replace than plastic jewel cases. Inside the front cover is an insert booklet which includes the lyrics to the songs!!! That's so rare to find these days and I'm really glad they were included for this album!

The music on the album is beautiful the whole way through. I'll not dissect each song as I have have neither the qualifications nor the words to properly review the songs. Overall, the album has what I might describe as a light country sound with strong vibes of trance music. I definitely didn't find it as strong a country sound as her previous album. It's hard to describe, but the result is a deeply soothing experience. The tracks are very relaxing, but the wonderful way they're arranged also gives energy to the listener. I am really impressed how well all the tracks turned out!

Like Orla's albums, Juniper made me feel really calm as I was listening to it. It reminded me a lot of how I feel listening to Lynn's music too, although Lynn's music has more of a purely soothing quality while Lisa's album carries a little more energy.

I was expecting Burning Love to be a different song than it was. For some reason, I had in my head one of Lisa's songs from her lives shows in New York last year and I thought before I heard the album that would be the song. I really liked this track too, but I do wish that song I heard her sing live had found its way on to the album as well. I'll just have to go listen to her live some day and if I'm lucky, I'll get to hear that beautiful song again

The tracks are all so good, but my favourite was probably Dust and Sand, followed closely by Tiny Devotions and Hunter's Moon.

Lisa and her team did a fantastic job on this! It was quite a wait, but wow, was it ever worth it!

Hope you enjoy!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2020, 07:11:08 PM »

Some review for Juniper.

The Irish Times
Lisa Lambe: Juniper – Easy listening, but in a very good way
Lauren Murphy
Apr 3, 2020
https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/lisa-lambe-juniper-easy-listening-but-in-a-very-good-way-1.4215963

meaww
'Juniper' Review: Irish star Lisa Lambe's second album is a love letter to nature brimming with country folk vibes
Brian Polson
Apr 4, 2020
https://meaww.com/irish-performer-lisa-lambe-actor-singer-juniper-country-folk-love-letter-nature-shimmering-tapestry

Album Review: Lisa Lambe – Juniper
Apr 6, 2020
https://www.hotpress.com/music/album-review-lisa-lambe-juniper-22811010

There's review on Digital Journal, but my antivirus detected an infection when I went to the site, so I'm not providing a link to the source material.

Apr 7, 2020
Markos Papadatos

Review: Ex-Celtic Woman Lisa Lambe releases soaring 'Juniper' album

Lisa Lambe (former lead singer of Celtic Woman) will release her new album "Juniper" on April 3 via Blue Élan Records on digital and CD formats.

It opens with "North Star Rise," and it is followed by the crisp and haunting "Hunter's Moon" as well as "Vision in Grey." The album immediately breaks into the stirring "Dust and Sand." "Burning Love" has a retro vibe to it where the listener can slightly recall the early musical work of Stevie Nicks.

Equally memorable tunes are "All the Stars," "Someone Like You" and "Holding Back The Time," the latter of which is heavenly.

After the poignant and atmospheric "Lighthouse," it closes with the title track "Juniper" and the midtempo, lead single "Tiny Devotions."

Juniper is available on Apple Music and on Amazon Music.

The Verdict:

Overall, Juniper by Lisa Lambe is a warm and polished studio offering, which is recommended for all fans of Lambe and Celtic Woman. They will not be disappointed since it has a soothing vibe to it. Juniper garners four out of five stars.
To learn more about Lisa Lambe and her new solo album Juniper, check out her Facebook page and her official website.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 07:26:54 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2020, 06:07:52 PM »

Here's an article where Lisa discusses shares some of the inspiration behind the songs on Juniper. There's a bit of review sprinkled into the article as well:

'A song cannot be an autobiography' - Lisa Lambe

Independent.ie
Barry Egan
April 12, 2020

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/a-song-cannot-be-an-autobiography-lisa-lambe-39121526.html?fbclid=IwAR0I2Lf-5lqVSKx_B5W_AL-BNh4xJt_Z6I9WdmUhGOZ8J9619_2zhCJvheg
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2020, 07:19:28 AM »

Lisa was part of the Cabin Fever Fest (Blue Elan Records) online show last night.

All the music video segments were pre-recorded.

Lisa appeared twice in the show with tracks from her album Juniper:

00:48:55 - 00:52:54: Juniper
01:51:31 - 01:55:30: Holding Back the Tide

Side note: Blue Elan is offering 15% OFF in their store using the code "THANKS" 

Support independent artists by shopping indie http://lnk.blueelanrecords.com/15OFF

All orders over $50 include free shipping.

It should also be noted that signed copies of Juniper are only available from Lisa's site directly.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2020, 10:11:40 AM »

Lisa indicated a special edition of Juniper would be releasing on the 2nd Friday in September this year.

It's apparently going to include 2 previously unreleased tracks.

She specifically mentioned "UK friends," so it may be a UK only release.

More details to come later, no doubt.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2020, 10:25:00 PM »

Lisa indicated a special edition of Juniper would be releasing on the 2nd Friday in September this year.

It's apparently going to include 2 previously unreleased tracks.

She specifically mentioned "UK friends," so it may be a UK only release.

More details to come later, no doubt.

Lisa released 2 new singles today:
- Burning Love (alternate cut) ... an earlier iteration of the track that made the album
- Firefly

I really like the way this version of Burning Love sounded.

Firefly is a slow song where you can just bask in the lyrics and Lisa's captivating voice.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 10:33:49 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Lisa signs with record label. Album (Juniper) on the way! - Theme by GlenS