Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:54:59 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  Eabha leaving Celtic Woman! Chloë is back!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eabha leaving Celtic Woman! Chloë is back!  (Read 5036 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2020, 07:48:00 AM »

Shocking news this morning.

Eabha McMahon is leaving Celtic Woman to pursue her own projects.

Chloë Agnew is returning to Celtic Woman for the North American celebration tour to take her place!

Susan McFadden will be returning for *six shows on the 2020 tour. In these same six cities Chloë Agnew will not be appearing:

Charlotte, NC
Norfolk, VA
Baltimore, MD
Lancaster, PA (2 shows)
Worcester,MA

Here's the post:
https://www.facebook.com/celticwoman/photos/a.164250352837/10157924974017838/?type=3&theater

We are thrilled to announce that Chloë Agnew is re-joining Celtic Woman as Special Guest Artist for 𝑪𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏, our 15th Anniversary North American Tour!
As you will remember, Chloë was one of our original performers joining the group when she was just 15 years old for our first ever PBS Special, and toured with us around the world for nearly a decade. Now she returns to celebrate a very special milestone, sharing the stage with Mairéad, Tara, and Megan as we bring 15 years of song and story-telling to our North American audiences. We are so excited to share this news with you all and look forward to seeing you along the way!

𝑪𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 will showcase our most favourite songs from the journey so far - songs that have created an incredible bond with audiences around the world. Join us to celebrate life itself - feel the embrace of breath-taking music that transports you from your theatre seat straight to Ireland, our spiritual homeland. The Irish really know how to throw a party, so join us!

As Chloë re-joins the group, our wonderful soloist Éabha McMahon will be taking leave from us to pursue her own projects. Éabha is extremely excited about her plans and will be keeping you all posted through social media channels and Celtic Woman. We pay our highest tribute to Éabha, who joined us in 2015 for our Destiny Special at the Mansion House in Dublin. Éabha was the first ever Sean Nós singer in the group and has been an incredibly dynamic and singular performer in the show.

We wish Éabha every success with her solo projects and look forward to sharing the stage with her again along our Celtic Woman journey.

**We are also delighted to share the news that the wonderful Susan McFadden will be joining us for *six shows on the 2020 tour. In these same six cities Chloë Agnew will not be appearing.

*Charlotte, NC, Norfolk, VA, Baltimore, MD, Lancaster, PA, Worcester,MA

It was also posted on the Celtic Woman website:
https://www.celticwoman.com/news/special-guest-artist-returns/

Here's a link to Eabha's farewell post, which is also attached:
https://www.facebook.com/eabhacelticwoman/posts/2589909681062865?__tn__=-R
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 04:58:10 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
Romds9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 09:25:15 AM »

Wow sad and exciting news at the same time.
White Rose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 11:23:10 AM »

Eabha's Facebook post starts here https://www.facebook.com/eabhacelticwoman/photos/pcb.2589909681062865/2589909521062881/?type=3&theater. She says she's planning on a short break so she can focus on writing her own music.

I'm never that surprised when somebody leaves anymore. Their tour schedule isn't easy.

Super glad Chloe and Susan are stepping in!
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 11:42:17 AM »

I have real mixed feelings about this.  I have greatly enjoyed Chloe's individual shows over the last couple of years.  Luckily, she tends to do multiple shows in the Southern US, so I can drive to them.  It's been a joy and privilege to go to her shows and to continue meeting with her.  Her connection with her fans is one of the main reasons I fell in love with CW along time ago.

Since she is now part of the group again, I tend to believe we won't get that personnel touch.  The M&G are not worth it (at least to me).  No time to say anything.  No autographs.  Plus, it seems like a lot of PBS stations are NOT offering M&Gs anymore.  Even if they do, their seats aren't great.  When they used to do songs like TAR out in the audience, if you knew where to sit, you at least got a wave.  I'll always remember Lisa Lambe sitting next to me!

Will I still support CW and Chloe?  Absolutely, even though they make it difficult.  I've already got tickets for 2 Chloe shows and 3 CW shows.  I'd do a couple more CW shows, but the 4 or 5 I'd consider do not apparently have M&G packages (or at least the local PBS station doesn't even list it).

Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 11:29:08 PM »

It's been a sad day today. I will miss Eabha so much! If you've read my journey on here, you've seen that I went through a very difficult time in my life in the fall of 2016, during which Celtic Woman music was the only thing that kept me going through the horribly stressful work days. Eabha was one of the members at that time, and she means so much to me. I have an emotional connection to Eabha, Mairead, Tara, Megan and Susan that I just don't have with the other prior members of the group, as lovely as their voices and music are. I've had the pleasure of meeting Eabha multiple times and she has always been so kind to me. And without even knowing it at the time, I was at her final (for the time being at least) show and meet and greet, during which she pulled me into a hug. I have had so many wonderful moments like that with her. I will miss her dearly and will be supporting her with her solo endeavors. You know Gregg and I love to travel - if Eabha does a solo show somewhere, we will do our very best to be there. ❤
mattycakes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 08:19:57 AM »

Well, this certainly is a bittersweet surprise. Chloe returning to the group is a very welcome event! I was surprised to hear it! Even more shocking is the announcement of Eabha's departure. I loved the addition of an alto to the group; she made for a much more rounded sound to Celtic Woman. I hope they find another alto to fill her spot in the group. I have to admit I was also a little bit surprised that Eabha left before Mairead did. Although I never want to see any of the girls leave the group, it's been a privilege having Eabha as a member of Celtic Woman. She was always the embodiment of grace and poise. Plus she was just the sweetest (having met her during the Destiny Tour).

Good luck in your future endeavors Eabha! We'll continue to love and support you!

I also look forward to meeting the newest member of the group, most likely this summer!
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2020, 04:45:00 PM »

This is one of those "bad news/good news" type of things....sad to see Eabha leave  but excited that Chloe will take her place. I first saw Chloe back in 2009 with CW  and several times with CW until she left. Been explaining to my neighbor`s daughter, who I`m taking with me to the March concert , about Chloe ..."so she was my age when she was with them?" ....Sasha is 16 and can relate. I told her" you`ll LOVE the show!" There can`t be that many "KELTIC KAZACKHS"  out there :D
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2020, 06:49:20 PM »

Hate to see Eabha go but im Happy for her to seek her solo thing and i don't think this was a suprise Tracie remember the night in Milw after the show when the girls said they got some sad news that day I think that maybe when Eabha told the girls she was leaving.  I missed out that night in getting pictures signed now i will not get anymore of Eabha signed But maybe can get some of Chloe
Gregg

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2020, 11:13:44 PM »

Glen, The sad news was confirmed to be that Ronan's grandfather had died the night before. The ladies and production had to have know even during the spring Ancient Land tour.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Eabha leaving Celtic Woman! Chloë is back! - Theme by GlenS