Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:02:07 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  Forum Questions & Comments
| | |-+  Due to lack of interest of Forums
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Due to lack of interest of Forums  (Read 4890 times)
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2018, 08:29:37 PM »

Im looking at letting the solo Forums close when there domain names expire and just use the all New CWF.net let me know what your thoughts are about this. below is when the domains expire

Mairead C      3-19-19

Susan           3-19-19

Eabha           10-24-18

Tara             8-7-20

There is always things that might come up that would have me keep the solo forums running. Some of the things would be a member boom and users posting. The all New Celtic Woman Forum.net has been up and running for 6 months and has 52 members and over 900 posts and no games board but the new forum is as up to date as it can be and it is offering some extra's that the old CWF isn't offering or going to much less have a admin to run it. So please post your thoughts on this here

Thanks
Glen
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 09:09:37 PM »

I never used those forums for the individual musicians and will not care if you remove them.  It seems like they are not needed, and it would be a lot of extra work for you to maintain them.  Just in case someone else posted some good stuff on there and is sad when it disappears, you might want to keep a backup of all the data.  Also, if it were me, I would probably make a big announcement on those forums saying that they are deprecated, and disable creation of new topics (now, before the domains expire).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 09:12:56 PM by VegasDavid » Logged
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 09:46:04 PM »

ya Dave I have this same post on the other forums and have had them there for awhile now and no one has said a word on it so I thought I would post it over here also I will have access to the data for a year of the forums but I will be sending out a forum email on each forum about this also and also asking them if they have anything they wish to save to move it over here Plus if needed I will be able to reopen them for that year. Thanks for your thought on this

Glen
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 03:53:42 PM »

I've been a fan of CWF for over 10 years now. I didn't create an account til 6 years ago. I would check it everyday for updates, news, and spoilers back in the day. Sadly today I only visit once a week to once every two weeks. Due to this is like stated multiple times is that there's no new additions or updates from admins. The CWF.net has been a new breath of fresh air for me. I was getting tired of visiting CWF and only seeing game updates and not important content. With CWF.net we have active admins and up to date information.

Honestly I haven't ventured off to see the other individual forums because CWF.net has everything in one place. I wouldn't want you spending the time and finances to keep them running if you can put in more to this forum to keep it active and keeping it updated.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 05:37:39 PM »

I've been a fan of CWF for over 10 years now. I didn't create an account til 6 years ago. I would check it everyday for updates, news, and spoilers back in the day. Sadly today I only visit once a week to once every two weeks. Due to this is like stated multiple times is that there's no new additions or updates from admins. The CWF.net has been a new breath of fresh air for me. I was getting tired of visiting CWF and only seeing game updates and not important content. With CWF.net we have active admins and up to date information.

Honestly I haven't ventured off to see the other individual forums because CWF.net has everything in one place. I wouldn't want you spending the time and finances to keep them running if you can put in more to this forum to keep it active and keeping it updated.

Thanks im glad you like this new forum makes me feel good and Tom should also he has put in a lot of time making great posts and helping me out and Tracie for taking care of the calendar for us. The solo forums are going to close when there domain name runs out and it's totally due to lack of interest I looked today in 2 of them I am the only person that's been there for 40 days and some are as much as 75 days with only one other person logging in that is why they are closing. For a forum to work and be able to bring you back it has to have posting members not people that join and never come back or never say a word so I have said this before I would like to have 100 members by year end and were at 58 now so we could hit that mark but I need to find a way to get them to post. Like Tara's forum it has 48 members and only 12 that have posted there are a total of 590 posts and Tom and I account for 521 of them not a fun forum. We need to get the other main people from the old CWF over here and no not the game players there will never be a game board here that one board counts for about 75% of the posts on that forum such a waste Enough of the glad you enjoy the forum so have fun and spread the word
White Rose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 05:04:03 AM »

So, looking at it, I think condensing The Shows section a bit could help. My idea would be to condense them by years. For example, do a forum for the shows and albums from 2005 through  '09, 10-14, 15-17, and then the new ones could have separate sections of their own.

Maybe keep the Celtic Woman forum, and the musicians and choir forum. Then have a soloists forum.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 06:58:15 PM »

So, looking at it, I think condensing The Shows section a bit could help. My idea would be to condense them by years. For example, do a forum for the shows and albums from 2005 through  '09, 10-14, 15-17, and then the new ones could have separate sections of their own.

Maybe keep the Celtic Woman forum, and the musicians and choir forum. Then have a soloists forum.

Rose not sure what your talking about but I think you have this all wrong im closing the single forums like Maireadcarlinforum.com and Susanmcfaddenforum.com that's what I mean by solo forums and lack of interest but im not going to change a thing with this forum
White Rose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 08:27:26 PM »

I must have misread!  :)
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 04:16:46 PM »

Eabha  forum has about 11 days left to live before the host shuts it down so if you have anything over there that you might want to save now is the time to get it I have backed up the data files for the forum
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2019, 11:31:04 AM »

Warning Warning

If you have something good posted over on the Mairead C and Susan's Forums and don't want to loose it best move it here as they both close

Mairead C      3-19-19

Susan           3-19-19

So you have about 13+ days left my host gives about 7 days after the exp date before they take it down save your pictures
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Due to lack of interest of Forums - Theme by GlenS