Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:38:30 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Ancient Land
| | |-+  Ancient Land on Tour
| | | |-+  2019 Tour
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2019 Tour  (Read 23842 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2018, 07:30:41 AM »

This could get crazy pretty quickly...

There's a potential M+G at the only show they're doing in Canada on the Ancient Land tour. I would certainly have to fly to it, but it's on a weekend so it would only use up one vacation day for the return flight.

That would be within a week of the Minneapolis show, so I can realistically only do one of those at the most (if either).

I think M+G tickets will be available before any potential Red Rocks show is announced, so I could potentially end up flying to multiple shows on this tour (and possibly Lisa Kelly and CaraNua shows). Next year could be really expensive if I do like 4 Meet and Greets and 3-5 flights. Lol.

It would be way cheaper to get to an additional show in Michigan.

Anyways, Tara posted this morning about going to see Westlife (at Croke Park in Dublin) on Saturday, July 6th. It was implied she tried to get tickets to the July 5th show originally (which sold out before she could get tickets). So that in turn implies that the US tour will be completed before July 5th (most likely before July 4th).
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2018, 09:14:02 PM »

A guy from TPT emailed me back today. He said they will have tickets for Minneapolis, but they don't know yet if there will be a meet and greet. They also don't have a date yet for when they'll know more.

He also said they will air Ancient Land during the March pledge drive. Noooooooo!! I'm pretty sure that's the only PBS station I get, so I won't get to watch until the DVD releases then. :(  I'll have to check my channels - last year we had satellite and had a bunch of PBS stations and tons of airings of Homecoming. But now we have cable and I think only TPT. I can't wait that long to watch!!
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2018, 10:16:17 PM »

I got the same email today but that's not what I was told on the phone by the vp of membership services he said it will air this fall on there beg athon around Thanksgivings  so who do you believe and I was told to check back around the 17th of next month
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2018, 10:52:58 PM »

I will definitely keep checking their listings and hoping it does air next month!
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2018, 06:39:45 PM »

As the years have gone by, it seems that PBS and CW don't have as good a relationship as they once did.  We are seeing less stations have M&Gs.  They used to have advance info about the tour and the dates.  Now, it seems more like PBS is an afterthought.

CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2018, 07:20:26 PM »

As the years have gone by, it seems that PBS and CW don't have as good a relationship as they once did.  We are seeing less stations have M&Gs.  They used to have advance info about the tour and the dates.  Now, it seems more like PBS is an afterthought.

Celtic Woman was PBS's their all-time highest rated program at one point. I'm sure they still get pretty strong viewership for Celtic Woman, but as much as they did 10 years ago or even as recently as Believe? Probably not. Hopefully that's all it is and Ancient Land will bring the disenchanted fans of yesteryear back in droves!
Gurdryn

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2018, 04:16:30 PM »

Hello,
I am a new member of this forum, but not a new fan. I just received confirmation of my M and G tickets for the concert in Calgary on May 12! I am very excited and just had to tell someone!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2018, 04:39:05 PM »

Hello,
I am a new member of this forum, but not a new fan. I just received confirmation of my M and G tickets for the concert in Calgary on May 12! I am very excited and just had to tell someone!

Nice!!!! A rare Celtic Woman Meet and Greet in Canada!

Was that through KSPS (PBS)?
Gurdryn

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2018, 04:41:11 PM »

Yes, it was KSPS. The bad  news is $300.00 (U.S.) each. Oh well, it will definitely be worth it.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2018, 05:07:18 PM »

Yes, it was KSPS. The bad  news is $300.00 (U.S.) each. Oh well, it will definitely be worth it.

Steep. I would have to fly there, so the M+G would still be less than the cost of the airline ticket. It is on a Sunday though, so one less vacation day needed than a weekday show.

It's not listed on their donation thank you gift list yet, so I'm guessing you do what I do and contact them in advance.  ;)

Did they mention if they had single M+G tickets? Or just pairs?
Gurdryn

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2018, 06:13:29 PM »

I did contact the station by e-mail. The person I spoke to is Ms. Shawn Claypool. Single tickets are available.
(By the way, I am in Edmonton)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2018, 06:46:50 PM »

I did contact the station by e-mail. The person I spoke to is Ms. Shawn Claypool. Single tickets are available.
(By the way, I am in Edmonton)

Cool! I'm from near Toronto.

I reached out to them via email.

$300 is a lot, but single tickets are tough to come by and I've been looking for an excuse for a while to go back to Calgary for a few days. I imagine $300 US will be marginal compared to the combined cost of airline tickets and hotel. But even the combined cost will be a small price to pay to see Celtic Woman again. If this works out, that will lock me in to three shows on separate months, all with probable Meet and Greets, with a possible show at Red Rocks in June yet to be announced. This is going to be an expensive tour for me.  ;D
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2018, 12:03:54 AM »

WTTW Chicago called me and offered me pre-pledge drive access to the meet and greet in Rosemont IL Sunday April 14th. It's $125/person for ticket plus meet and greet. For that cheap, on a weekend, and a location we can easily fly to with the theater right next to O'Hare, this was a complete no-brainer! So Gregg and I have our first Ancient Land meet and greet booked! Still contemplating others.... 😉
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2018, 12:21:22 PM »

WITF in Central Pennsylvania now has meet & greet listed on their website for the Saturday April 6th show in Lancaster. They're offering a pair of tickets plus meet & greet for $200. Gregg and I snatched that up! We had been keeping an eye on that one since it would give us 3 shows for one pretty cheap flight to Philly.

*Editing this post to add on Red Rocks!!

So, we now have our Ancient Land tour plans made:

- April 4th Philadelphia PA
- April 5th Lancaster PA
- April 6th Lancaster PA with m&g
- April 14th Rosemont IL with m&g
- May 18th Minneapolis MN
- May 26th Morrison, CO (Red Rocks!) with m&g

It's gonna be a fun year! Life is short, do what you love and what brings you joy and happiness ❤❤❤❤
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 02:42:02 PM by Tracie » Logged
Gurdryn

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2018, 02:32:00 PM »

Ancient Land is being aired this Saturday Nov. 24, by KTCS in Seattle! This might be one of the earliest broadcasts. Anticipation is growing exponentially! I live in Edmonton and get KTCS by satellite.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, 2019 Tour - Theme by GlenS