Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:51:36 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Ancient Land
| | |-+  Ancient Land on Tour
| | | |-+  2019 Tour
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2019 Tour  (Read 24443 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2018, 12:26:26 AM »

Ticket prices were quite a bit higher this year. After currency exchange I think the Detroit ticket was almost $200 for a single ticket.  :o

I know it'll be worth every penny, from Tara's first note all the way through.

I hope the price doesn't hurt sales too much. I want Celtic Woman to make lots of money, but I also do want the fan base to erode and people to not be able to go enjoy the shows because it's too pricey. It's a tricky balance for them. I hope it works out.

dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2018, 11:04:44 AM »

So since my local PBS station isn't interested in my money, the CW link took me to the venue's website.  OK, 2nd row isn't too terrible.  The tickets were $123.50 PLUS another $12.50 "convenience" fee. 

They are getting close to getting themselves priced out of the market. 

I paid $500 each last year to see Barbara Streisand, but she will probably never tour again.  That's one of those "once in a lifetime" events.  CW isn't (at least for me) any more.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2018, 11:38:50 AM »

So since my local PBS station isn't interested in my money, the CW link took me to the venue's website.  OK, 2nd row isn't too terrible.  The tickets were $123.50 PLUS another $12.50 "convenience" fee. 

They are getting close to getting themselves priced out of the market. 

I paid $500 each last year to see Barbara Streisand, but she will probably never tour again.  That's one of those "once in a lifetime" events.  CW isn't (at least for me) any more.

I agree they are pricing them right out of fans. I can't afford these prices plus travel costs and hotel and food. For me it would be around $600.00 for 2 to go to the show in Minn. $155.00 per seat and fees comes to $358.00 travel costs about $40.00 I live about 150 miles from the show Hotel cost of around $100.00 and then you have to eat another $40 to 50 for that which all comes out to about $550.00 and no M&G. Yes I would pay $400.00 for 2 seats with M&G but that's now different get to chat with the girls and would get to meet Megan for the first time. Also checked the Springfield show in Ill. and the ticket price is about the same as Minn. so that's out also so looks like unless they add a show here in Wisconsin im not going which would be a shame as I have not missed a show in over 11 years
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2018, 12:21:53 PM »

Tracie just talked with TPT by you and they say they will have tickets but not sure the price or info and said to call them back mid Nov. and by then they will have all the info for the tickets and that was right from the VP of member services so maybe I will still get to go to a show :)
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2018, 12:38:48 PM »

If every seat at the $155 price level gets sold, then I would say that price level is not too high and will not be responsible for losing any fans.  We'll see if that happens.

You can get a seat in the tenth row (row H) at Minneapolis for $74.00 + fees, but I guess the money you save by doing that seems kind of small compared to your other costs if you are coming from out of town.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2018, 09:36:57 PM »

If every seat at the $155 price level gets sold, then I would say that price level is not too high and will not be responsible for losing any fans.  We'll see if that happens.

You can get a seat in the tenth row (row H) at Minneapolis for $74.00 + fees, but I guess the money you save by doing that seems kind of small compared to your other costs if you are coming from out of town.

Yeah, if I'm going to a Celtic Woman show, I'm getting a seat in the first 4 rows if I can.

Can't commit to it at the moment, but things might change by the time the M+G tickets are released.

If Red Rocks happens, the Minneapolis show would most likely be within 2-3 weeks of Red Rocks, which I also have to fly to. It's also in the range of weeks in which Lisa Kelly could hold a show if there is one next spring. Just some of the many things to think about.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2018, 11:29:05 PM »

Tracie just talked with TPT by you and they say they will have tickets but not sure the price or info and said to call them back mid Nov. and by then they will have all the info for the tickets and that was right from the VP of member services so maybe I will still get to go to a show :)

Thanks for calling and getting that info Glen! I will definitely keep my eye on that! Did they say anything about meet and greet or just tickets? I'd really like a meet and greet!

Yeah I also noticed the prices are higher, but I'll pay it to be within the first few rows and within their view. Having them recognize me and smile at me in the audience is so awesome! At least for casual fans who maybe don't care where they sit, the balcony seats were only about $50.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2018, 09:30:50 AM »

I don't necessarily mind paying $$ for "good" seats, defined as the first two rows.  I have always tried to buy tickets thru PBS, mainly because of the M&G.  However, it seems that some PBS stations are not doing M&G -- they just have tickets, and they are not, IMO, good seats. I understand it's partially a fund raiser and I'm OK with that.

Right now, I'm in a bit of a quandary.  I have a 2nd show I want to go to.  Do I buy presale tickets or wait and see if PBS is selling them?  I'll shell out the $150 a ticket for 3rd row, which is all that's available now.  Pit is blocked. PBS doesn't respond.  How long are the 3rd row tickets going to be available?
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2018, 09:48:03 AM »

I don't necessarily mind paying $$ for "good" seats, defined as the first two rows.  I have always tried to buy tickets thru PBS, mainly because of the M&G.  However, it seems that some PBS stations are not doing M&G -- they just have tickets, and they are not, IMO, good seats. I understand it's partially a fund raiser and I'm OK with that.

Right now, I'm in a bit of a quandary.  I have a 2nd show I want to go to.  Do I buy presale tickets or wait and see if PBS is selling them?  I'll shell out the $150 a ticket for 3rd row, which is all that's available now.  Pit is blocked. PBS doesn't respond.  How long are the 3rd row tickets going to be available?

Maybe purchase the 3rd row tickets and then put them up for resale if you get meet and greet? I did that on the Homecoming tour and it worked wonderfully.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2018, 11:09:50 AM »

im thinking by the smaller and shorter tour is because the list of supporting PBS stations is getting smaller like no shows in Wisconsin since that last 2 years both shows were nearly sold out but last year had no PBS sponsor. For M&G ticket you have to call the local PBS station to the show like I did yesterday and they told me yes they will have tickets but had no details yet
avalonfreak06

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2018, 01:20:33 PM »

im thinking by the smaller and shorter tour is because the list of supporting PBS stations is getting smaller like no shows in Wisconsin since that last 2 years both shows were nearly sold out but last year had no PBS sponsor. For M&G ticket you have to call the local PBS station to the show like I did yesterday and they told me yes they will have tickets but had no details yet

From what it sounds like, there will be several more shows being added to the tour to bring them into the normal June timing of the tour ending.  I think they just didnt have them all confirmed yet to be able to post.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2018, 10:47:56 PM »

Gregg and I have decided that we are definitely going to travel somewhere so that we can see more than one show. This has been a lot of fun the past few days deciding where to go with shows scattered all over the country! We started by making a list of which shows are in locations that we would be interested in traveling to based on what else we could do in that area to make it a really fun vacation. That gave us a list of 15 shows. We then started looking up PBS stations and sending emails asking about meet and greet. We very much want a meet and greet, but have a strong suspicion that there won't be one in Minneapolis because the front row seats were on sale. We have already found out about 4 definite meet and greets in locations we're interested in and three of the four already have the option to pledge for the m&g.  Still deciding which trip to do and still contacting more PBS stations, but will be finalizing and purchasing before Ancient Land starts airing because those passes will probably be snatched up immediately once it's airing.

Glen, in case this one interests you, I got an email back from Chicago PBS (https://www.wttw.com) saying they will have a meet and greet, but don't yet know the details of when it will be available for pledge. That's for Rosemont IL, a suburb right by O'Hare. Thought that location might interest you.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 11:47:32 PM by Tracie » Logged
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2018, 11:04:36 PM »

thanks Tracie but that show is expensive for M&G last year was $600 a pair and the person I spoke to for TPT said there were going to be M&G in Minn they just didn't know the price of tickets so I maybe going to Minn they put me on there list and told me to call back in Nov. and they would know more
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2018, 11:51:29 PM »

Yikes, that $600 for m&g in Rosemont is expensive!

Ok, so there is a m&g in Minneapolis then? I wasn't sure from your previous post because you said TPT would have tickets. I thought that meant show tickets but not necessarily m&g. Thanks for clarifying! Another option for us to keep an eye on!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2018, 01:08:22 AM »

I got one of my tickets in the mail for Celtic Woman Ancient Land already!

95% sure I will get a M+G to that show, but it's still pretty exiting to be holding a ticket in my hands already!

The other tickets will be will call or print-at-home, most likely.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, 2019 Tour - Theme by GlenS