Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:51:43 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  Common question:Why are there only 4 girls now instead of five?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Common question:Why are there only 4 girls now instead of five?  (Read 2207 times)
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2020, 06:36:44 PM »

This has been asked after Believe came out, and many people have been attempting to answer it.
From what I heard is that when Alex S left, Lisa L was going to be her replacement, but then Lynn decided to go also. They couldn't find another girl in time and so Lisa L just became Lynn's replacement.
Another answer heard through the grapevine is that EMI-before they got sold to Capitol Records- was kind of cheap then, hence why the choir number also went from eight to 4 singers.
Again, these are just stuff I heard. I don't know if they're real or not.
CelticPrincess

"In the end the sun will rise on one more day."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 10:47:48 PM »

Celtic Woman did tour for a bit with four girls after Alex left but before Lisa Lambe arrived. I don't think they ever intended to replace Alex, but I don't know why - maybe they decided they couldn't afford five members.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 02:49:32 PM »

The way Believe is setup and the songs it's very fitting to say it was made for 3 soloists. Lisa L being replacement for Alex that looks interesting. If Lynn stayed Believe probably sound as different not as energized up as Lisa L. If Alex stayed she'd fit perfectly Theator was her background and A Spaceman with Alex that would been something with full of emotion.

If they kept an Alex spot for a fourth girl it suit Susan and we may of gotten a Chloe, Lynn, Lisa K with Susan lineup. Or if CW were to return to the Orla since Alex route then the new lineup be Chloe, Lisa K, Lynn and Eabha! This lineup would been the second best close to the original! Lynn- Meav, Eabha-Orla wow!!
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 04:46:07 PM »

Another thing to consider is time.  I looked at one or two of the set lists, and there is around 24 songs in the show.  If you assume 5 minutes per song, that's 120 minutes or 2 hours.  If you assume 4 minutes, that's 96 minutes or about 1 -1/2 hours.  That sounds about right.

Now, how do you divide up 24 songs?  Say 1/2 are "group" numbers.  Now you have 12 solos, so with 4 girls, that's 3 each.  If you have 5 girls, and you probably have to either drop a couple of group songs or make the show longer. 

Going way back, maybe the show was longer.  I just don't remember.
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 05:42:07 PM »

Another thing to consider is time.  I looked at one or two of the set lists, and there is around 24 songs in the show.  If you assume 5 minutes per song, that's 120 minutes or 2 hours.  If you assume 4 minutes, that's 96 minutes or about 1 -1/2 hours.  That sounds about right.

Now, how do you divide up 24 songs?  Say 1/2 are "group" numbers.  Now you have 12 solos, so with 4 girls, that's 3 each.  If you have 5 girls, and you probably have to either drop a couple of group songs or make the show longer. 

Going way back, maybe the show was longer.  I just don't remember.

Maybe, but longer shows doesn't mean less enjoyable
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Common question:Why are there only 4 girls now instead of five? - Theme by GlenS