Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:01:39 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celebration: The 15th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Celebration's on Tour
| | | |-+  2020 Tour - Celebration: The 15th Anniversary Tour
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2020 Tour - Celebration: The 15th Anniversary Tour  (Read 16920 times)
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2019, 03:23:11 PM »

Since my local PBS station had no idea what was going on,I went ahead and bought a ticket for Lakeland (pit seats are always good!).   I already have several people joining me a couple days later in St. Pete.

On a somewhat unrelated note, do the girls get frequently "bus" miles?  At least here in Florida they seem to criss cross the state a couple times!!!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2019, 06:52:16 PM »

I'm still keeping an eye out for Lakeland meet and greet - really want one for opening night of the tour!

They sure do put a lot of miles on those buses!
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2019, 11:56:19 AM »

Lakeland is within the Tampa PBS sphere (WEDU).  In the past, they have offered M&G's at Lakeland, Tampa, St Petersburg and Sarasota.  I've talked to them -- they said nothing will be announced until their pledge drive in December.  They don't know where their seats are -- it's up to the venue. 

I miss the old days when a M&G got you front row. 
Anna

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2019, 12:46:05 PM »

Any chance they will come to Europe for the 15th Anniversary Tour as well? Most of the time they come to Europe every 2 years. But i would love to see them more often! :) Especially with a special tour like this one. I'm so curious about the songs!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2019, 07:48:20 PM »

Any chance they will come to Europe for the 15th Anniversary Tour as well? Most of the time they come to Europe every 2 years. But i would love to see them more often! :) Especially with a special tour like this one. I'm so curious about the songs!

We here on the forum often find out about things they have planned before the official announcements get made. If we find out anything about Europe, we'll certainly post it! Hope they do a Europe Celebration tour for you!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2019, 07:56:47 PM »

This Celebration tour thread goes back to May. When Gregg and I talked to the ladies in Antwerp yesterday (more to come on that!), they were legitimately shocked when we said that we already had Celebration tour tickets, and even more so that we started buying them months ago. Mairead said they didn't even know what their schedule was looking like yet and had just been given it in the past few days. That was really interesting to hear. We explained how some venues list the shows and put the tickets on sale really far in advance. This was one bit of a quite lengthy conversation that we had with the four of them yesterday. 😃
Anna

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2019, 01:42:23 PM »

We here on the forum often find out about things they have planned before the official announcements get made. If we find out anything about Europe, we'll certainly post it! Hope they do a Europe Celebration tour for you!

Thank you so much Tracie! And it's so cool that you got to talk with the ladies recently! :) It is surprising to me that they didn't know their schedule yet. I would have thought they would be the first ones to know.
mattycakes

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2020, 09:24:26 AM »

Thank you so much Tracie! And it's so cool that you got to talk with the ladies recently! :) It is surprising to me that they didn't know their schedule yet. I would have thought they would be the first ones to know.

In all honesty, this doesn't really surprise me. As Tracie said, many venues sell their tickets months in advance. I get emails asking me if I want to purchase tickets for events happening in December 2020 right now! All of the really big shows (Broadway musicals, local orchestra concerts, etc) are always planned months in advance. In addition to giving fans plenty of time to get tickets, it also gives the arts associations plenty of time to sell tickets or to use them as local media giveaways (as prizes for radio shows or news programs, etc), as well as gives the association plenty of time to advertise.

No offense meant to the girls in any way, but they don't really need to know as early. The CW production teams need to know first so they can plan out a stage design, choreo, wardrobe, etc. In all honesty, the actual performers are typically the last people to know in any production.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, 2020 Tour - Celebration: The 15th Anniversary Tour - Theme by GlenS