Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:37:55 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Ancient Land
| | |-+  Signed CD experience
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Signed CD experience  (Read 2864 times)
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« on: October 30, 2018, 12:12:17 AM »

I got my signed Ancient Land CD today!

SPOILER ALERT, I GUESS

It came with a double-sided photo.  One side shows Susan sitting and Tara standing nearby.  It looks very vintage, like it's from the 1960s.  The other side shows Éabha and Susan standing in front of a stone staircase and some elegant windows.  I wonder if you guys will get the same photo!  (Another thing for Tom to frame! 😃)

The CD itself is beautiful.

The seal on the top edge of the CD was broken, so the girls could sign it.  The back of the CD has many scratches in the plastic, probably from the same activity.

The seal on the top edge of the CD says "Celtic Woman Ancient Land (Return to the Castle)" (in all caps).  It also says "UMG", says the UPC, and has a bar code, like you would expect on any CD.

We've already seen the images that Celtic Woman posted on Facebook with the track names and performer names.  Each of those images turns out to be two pages in the liner notes, facing each other.

There are two more pages of liner notes that give proper credit to all the musicians and lists what tracks they performed on.

The back page of the liner notes has a picture of the four girls in white dresses, their printed first names, and signatures of their first names made with thick markers.  Tara's signature in silver and Éabha's signature in black both look great, and they were given plenty of space.  Mairéad's signature is some kind of gold, and Megan's signature is very similar but maybe I'd call it bronze.  The gold and bronze do not stand out very well against the pink.  Mairéad's signature goes outside of the small allotted area, overlapping her printed name and the logos below it, while Megan managed to squeeze her signature into that limited space.  (Personality analyzers... go!)

There are 21 orchestra members listed from the Orchestra of Ireland.  I only counted 19 at the filming of the DVD.  (The harpist doesn't count, the orchestra only has violins, violas, and cellos.)

I still see the same message on the Celtic Collections website which says "We've accepted your order, and we're getting it ready."  So their order tracking system basically doesn't work and if you see that same message it could mean anything.

I ripped the CD to my computer using iTunes.  All 18 tracks seem to be there and approximately the right length, adding up to 1 hour and 5 minutes.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 12:23:49 AM by VegasDavid » Logged
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 08:12:19 AM »

Gregg's order arrived yesterday with the signed CD, but no photo. That one has Tara and Eabha's signatures in silver and Mairead and Megan's in gold. Looks really nice! We still have my order coming with two more signed cds (one is Glen's) so maybe we'll get the photo in that order. It has Susan on both sides? Weird, I would think it would be the four current members.
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 09:50:34 AM »

Yep, Susan is on both sides!  On the side with the windows, they are wearing Voices of Angels dresses, and it must be from the same photo shoot as this photo:

https://www.irishnews.com/arts/2017/08/31/news/world-beating-irish-ensemble-celtic-woman-brings-voices-of-angels-tour-home-1123266/

On the other side, where they are indoors, Susan is wearing a solid green dress and Tara is wearing a sold dark purple dress. 

I suppose they just had extra photos of Susan and wanted to get rid of them.

--David
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 11:19:35 AM »

Well still no CD from CW this is nuts im going to get the one I ordered from Target before I get the CW one and the Target one I only ordered on last Saturday and will be here today. Tom I did my part to help sales I bought 1 digital copy and 2 CD copies 1 from CW and 1 from Target a small help with the charts :)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 05:23:56 PM »

Well still no CD from CW this is nuts im going to get the one I ordered from Target before I get the CW one and the Target one I only ordered on last Saturday and will be here today. Tom I did my part to help sales I bought 1 digital copy and 2 CD copies 1 from CW and 1 from Target a small help with the charts :)

Nice!

No extra photo in mine, which is no problem for me. I already have more stuff around here than I have room for.

I purchased 3 CD copies for the cause (2 signed from the Celtic Collections site, 1 from Amazon). I would have got a couple of them from Target as well if they had released a Target-exclusive version.

I have a few signed sports-related items and things from Survivor, but most celebrity-signed items don't get me that excited. Celtic Woman is different. There's something very special about holding in my hands something that they've held in theirs. Knowing that they took the time to sign the inserts for us means something when it's coming from them.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Signed CD experience - Theme by GlenS