Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:00:05 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  Other Musicians (Moderator: CWazyTom)
| | |-+  Nathan Carter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nathan Carter  (Read 3005 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2018, 05:51:19 PM »

Nathan Carter has a new special that's airing on many of the PBS stations:

Nathan Carter: Celtic Country

It was recorded at the 3Arena in Dublin.

I don't think Chloë is a guest star this year.

It actually aired last night on my PBS station. I, of course, found out about it today.  ::)

There was apparently a "special ticket offer" but I'm not sure what it was. I checked the Donation page on my PBS station's website in case they had M+G tickets for Nathan's show I'm going to in December, which does have Chloë as a guest. There weren't any tickets listed, so either it was only available by phoning in or all those tickets are gone.  :(

Well, I'm going to try stage and greets twice in Dublin, so between that and Nathan's show in December, hopefully one of these stage and greets will finally work out for me. First time for everything, right?

The good news is the PBS special re-airs for me overnight on Wednesday night, so I can watch it on Thursday and let everyone know how it was.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 06:10:50 PM »

Good luck with the stage and greets! Definitely a first time for everything!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 12:58:10 AM »

Nathan Carter's Celtic Country show was good.

Like his previous PBS special (Celtic Roots), this show had a good energy level. The crowd at the 3Arena was really into it, dancing and singing along.

Like Celtic Roots, there was a mix of Irish and country songs. There were quite a few songs that were performed on both this special and the previous one, but for the most part they were good songs. I enjoyed Celtic Roots a bit more, because I was hearing him perform these songs for the first time and because Celtic Roots had Chloë! But this was a fun show. It even had pyro!

There were no tickets offered during the PBS special, just the CD, DVD, and combination of then two.

The hosts did a decent job of promoting Nathan and encouraging people to pledge. My favourite part of the pledge breaks though were the Shout-out to Celtic Woman! One of the hosts noted that PBS helped launch great acts like Celtic Woman. In a separate pledge break, Nathan mentioned his grandmother was a fan of Celtic Woman.

This show is worth watching. His live shows are similar in style, energy, and content too, so if you like the PBS special, check if he's touring in a city near you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Nathan Carter - Theme by GlenS