Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:52:08 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Alex Sharpe
| | |-+  Christmas Tour with Jenny Oaks Baker (2023)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christmas Tour with Jenny Oaks Baker (2023)  (Read 1356 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2023, 04:53:15 PM »

I'm getting ahead of myself, but Jenny Oaks Baker is planning to do a 2023 Christmas tour, this time expanding to 20 cities:
https://latterdaysaintmag.com/highlighting-our-latter-day-saint-musicians-jenny-oaks-baker/

Hopefully they have a less hectic travel schedule than last year.

... And, Alex is officially on the tour!

https://www.mesaartscenter.com/index.php/shows/other-presenters/jenny-oaks-baker-and-family-four

AND just in case I wasn't overwhelmed with exciting news today yet, the Joy to the World! A Sacred Celebration tour in 2023 is apparently coming to Canada! I'll have to keep an eye out for tour dates, but I won't have to wait long: tour announcement is scheduled for June 20th!

Now, a concert in Canada doesn't necessarily mean it would be easy to get to ... there's a lot of space in Canada, but still...

I'm going to need a sedative if there's any more excitement today.

Anyways, these are the tour date we know about so far:

Dec 19, 2023: Bank of America PAC, Thousand Oaks, CA
Dec 23, 2023: Mesa Arts Center, Mesa AZ

Thanks LakersCeltic for already putting those in the calendar. I was a bit behind on forum posts.

Also there's an outside chance she does the Kurt Bestor Christmas concert again, but likely not unless it lines up with the tour schedule. The first site suggest maybe Dec 8, 2023, but the second site is offering tickets for Dec 24, 2023.
https://www.strideevents.com/a-kurt-bestor-christmas/event-information
https://tickets.egyptiantheatrecompany.org/tickets/414677
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 05:07:06 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 01:47:29 PM »

It seems the tour dates have been released a day early!

https://www.jennyoaksbaker.com/

Alberta in December is definitely not happening for me. Lol. I'll have to wait for the full set of CW Christmas Tour dates and see if I can combine a CW and Alex show into one trip.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 02:53:33 PM »

Thanks, Tom!

Hmm. I might know someone who works @ one of those venues. She is always asking me if I see concerts I like. And I know she gets private M&Gs too, if the performers are willing. I'm not sure if it's the right venue yet...only the cities are listed. Wish me luck!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2023, 08:28:03 AM »

Presale starts on June 23rd.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023, 07:22:03 PM »

Thanks, Tom!

Hmm. I might know someone who works @ one of those venues. She is always asking me if I see concerts I like. And I know she gets private M&Gs too, if the performers are willing. I'm not sure if it's the right venue yet...only the cities are listed. Wish me luck!

So my friend cannot help me on this one. Apparently some concerts use the marketing & ticketing & services from the venue (where my friend could help), and some concerts handle the marketing & ticketing & services themselves (this tour). Something like that.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023, 07:30:14 PM »

PS. On a side note, Alex used to announce concerts & stuff by an email newsletter from her website (as opposed to social media). Does she still do that? I have emails as recently 2022 but none from 2023.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2023, 08:55:02 PM »

PS. On a side note, Alex used to announce concerts & stuff by an email newsletter from her website (as opposed to social media). Does she still do that? I have emails as recently 2022 but none from 2023.

It's inconsistent. Sometimes it's in her newsletter, sometimes in the news section of her web page, sometimes on socials. If it's a Jenny Oaks Baker show, I usually find out from Jenny's socials first. Earlier this week, Alex posted on socials she's planning concerts for Northern Utah in August (and gauging interest). That was the first I'd heard of it. It's unfortunate timing for me since I'll probably be in Ireland at that time. Best bet is to diversify sources of information.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2023, 07:28:09 PM »

Presale starts on June 23rd.

Thanks Tom!

They are adding VIP tickets to some venues. Here's a description. My favorite part would be PHOTO WITH ALEX!!!

For an extra memorable experience, join Jenny Oaks Baker & Family Four, Alex Sharpe & Jason Wright at the exclusive VIP Pre-Show Reception. A limited number of VIP Reception tickets are available for each performance. Come mingle, get your photo taken with Jenny, Family Four, Alex & Jason and get some special take-home mementos from this VIP experience.

VIP Reception Includes:
- Access to Pre-Show Reception from 5:45-6:30 pm
- Private Meet and Greet
- Photo Opportunity with Jenny, Family Four, Jason & Alex
- Refreshments
- NEW Signed Christmas Book by Jason Wright & Jenny Oaks Baker: “Witnesses of Christmas: A Musical Journey Through the Nativity of Jesus the Christ” ($26 value!)
- Signed Concert Poster
- Lanyard with VIP Credential
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2023, 04:26:24 PM »

We saw the JOB show with Alex last week. We got the VIP M&G too.

I know someone who works @ the venue. We got to tour the venue before the public, but nothing 'extra' added since we already had the M&G.

The Show. All traditional Christmas songs. And JOB is a fabulous violin player. They tell the Christmas story. It may come across as very religious, if you aren't used to it. My family is Christian (although not Mormon), so we don't mind at all. Alex sang in roughly half the songs. It was the first time I've heard her in person.

Irish highlights. Alex sang Oichi Chiuin (Silent Night) in Irish Gaelic. They performed Wexford Carol. And they had a piper & a local Irish dance academy in a few of the songs.

Post show. After the show, JOB & family were in the lobby taking pictures & signing autographs. We didn't see Alex after the show, but we may have missed her somehow. IDK.

Pre show M&G (general). Very casual. Like a party / mixer. The pros of this is you could do whatever you want, and take your time. The cons of this is Alex was busy talking with others until the very end, and it felt a little rushed (for me only probably). Alex more than made up for it with extra photos & time after everyone left the M&G. There was a photo opp on the stage for the 2nd half of the M&G. Lots of giveaways / freebies.

Pre show M&G (Alex). Very easy going & generous with her time. She's 'sharp' too. She thought we knew each other because she recognized my last name (from buying stuff from her website actually). I liked talking about CW with her. She mentioned Songs from the Heart, Mairead C, Tara, and Lisa Lambe in conversation.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 04:56:02 PM by LakersCeltics » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2023, 08:07:17 PM »

We saw the JOB show with Alex last week. We got the VIP M&G too.

I know someone who works @ the venue. We got to tour the venue before the public, but nothing 'extra' added since we already had the M&G.

The Show. All traditional Christmas songs. And JOB is a fabulous violin player. They tell the Christmas story. It may come across as very religious, if you aren't used to it. My family is Christian (although not Mormon), so we don't mind at all. Alex sang in roughly half the songs. It was the first time I've heard her in person.

Irish highlights. Alex sang Oichi Chiuin (Silent Night) in Irish Gaelic. They performed Wexford Carol. And they had a piper & a local Irish dance academy in a few of the songs.

Post show. After the show, JOB & family were in the lobby taking pictures & signing autographs. We didn't see Alex after the show, but we may have missed her somehow. IDK.

Pre show M&G (general). Very casual. Like a party / mixer. The pros of this is you could do whatever you want, and take your time. The cons of this is Alex was busy talking with others until the very end, and it felt a little rushed (for me only probably). Alex more than made up for it with extra photos & time after everyone left the M&G. There was a photo opp on the stage for the 2nd half of the M&G. Lots of giveaways / freebies.

Pre show M&G (Alex). Very easy going & generous with her time. She's 'sharp' too. She thought we knew each other because she recognized my last name (from buying stuff from her website actually). I liked talking about CW with her. She mentioned Songs from the Heart, Mairead C, Tara, and Lisa Lambe in conversation.

That's cool you got to hear Alex and meet her! I had a ticket (with VIP) to one of the shows on the tour this year, but I ran out of vacation days and had to pick between two shows I both wanted to do. When I saw Alex with Jenny last year, there wasn't a M+G, but Jenny and Alex stayed in the crowded lobby after the show to talk to people. I had to wait for every other person in the lobby to leave before I got to talk to her for a couple of minutes. 🤣

Also, I agree that Jenny is a REALLY good violinist.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Christmas Tour with Jenny Oaks Baker (2023) - Theme by GlenS