Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:35:21 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  Wikipedia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wikipedia  (Read 2892 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2018, 11:37:12 PM »

I made updates on the main Celtic Woman Wikipedia page for the following:

- Johnstown Castle TV special / DVD announcement
- New studio album announcement
- Best of Christmas Tour announcement
- Announcement of Susan's leave (updated current members, former members, and timeline)
- Announcement of new member Megan Walsh (updated current members and timeline)

At some point, I'm going to have to reorganize and reformat the information on that page as it's become sort of a messy patchwork of different styles and partially updated information over the years. There's many things in the article that aren't currently done according to Wikipedia's standards. Satisfying their auditors is pretty difficult, but upsetting them is generally not a good idea.
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 02:42:02 PM »

Does anyone think we should change the picture that's on the top of the page? The one that's currently on there is from 2012 and all of the girls in it have left.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 08:05:41 PM »

Yes that would be great! I don't know how unfortunately but someone must be able to do it.
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 10:30:25 PM »

The trick is to find a photo that is not copyrighted, or has been released under a license that is compatible with being on Wikipedia.  In general, any random photo you find online without explicit licensing information would be considered copyrighted by its author by default.  If you go to a meet and greet and take a photo of the ladies yourself, that would be your photo and you could then release it with an appropriate license for Wikipedia.

I wrote this Wikipedia page and contributed both of the pictures on it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acacia_Demonstration_Gardens

--David
Penny

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 05:30:51 AM »

Is there  anyone who updates CW's Wikipedia pages for languages other than English on a regular basis?

I logged on to look at some of the non-English articles and some (eg. Korean, Chinese) were last updated so long ago, the list of current and former members are not necessarily accurate anymore.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Wikipedia - Theme by GlenS