Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:50:17 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Postcards from Ireland
| | |-+  My Thoughts on the PBS special
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Thoughts on the PBS special  (Read 1349 times)
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2021, 11:20:39 AM »

Let me first say I thougth the story line was great and I also liked the scenerie of the songs and I have to say the Girls were great and sounded tops. But im not a fan of the camera work and camera placement and the big thing was I thought the special was boring as CW specials go. The special has no fun in it but one song in the pub for Taras song and some walking where is the girls dancing and having fun all they did was stand like statue's. This special is just missing so much that we are used to and it makes it boring. Below are a few snaps from the special first 2 are showing the glare from the sun on the camera lens. The 3rd one is a great shot of Johns Groin or his Kilt questionable shot 4th is a camrea angle used to film 2 girls and fuss out one to highlight the other and they could of changed this shot by moving the camera up just a little and it would have changed the shot alot and not highlightedsomething they were not really tring to do the 5th shot is having the sun right behind Megans head and when they are holding the camera or the girls is moving side to side you end up with the sun in the camera and if they were going for the effects there are none. How I rate this Video
i give the girls a A+
videography                     D
out of 15 specials rate this #15

I can't imagine how they are going to bring this DVD to the stage
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 11:40:14 AM by GlenS » Logged
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 12:01:28 PM »

I have to agree it's meditating and all but all in all so serious at times even original show was more active energy because of the songs even if they just stood still with arms down which funny Lynn mentioned it wasn't until Alex came in that she somehow broke the fold and introduced Lynn and them of movement as she is a musical theatre performer. 

I totally didn't like the zoomed shots of Amazing Grace were not my favorite. They zoomed so close on Megan and I think she had too much makeup or lipstick there it was too close in my opinion and I didn't like a lot the angle on Susan either.

I did like the little moving dance swing movement Chloe and them do on The Parting Glass. John and his kilt I loved it, and I didn't pay attention to his goin but more his knees and legs😅 it's a kilt!
The visuals weren't as amazing on Dawning of The Day I wonder if because I have not yet seen a DVD showcase is why.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 07:05:20 AM by rfcw » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, My Thoughts on the PBS special - Theme by GlenS