Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:31:55 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Album release date.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Album release date.  (Read 2299 times)
CWFella2011

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2023, 07:17:39 PM »

When do we think the album will be out?
In recent years they have had a tendency to have new albums be out before the christmas symphony tour (VoA, Ancient Land, PFI -- though there was no '21 symphony tour) so do we think that'll continue with this one??
Five (six soon) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- April 16, 2024.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2023, 08:10:44 PM »

I'm thinking that yes it'll be released before the Christmas tour and I'll guess sometime in October. Maybe even September - the Ancient Land album came out just two weeks after the special was filmed (and on my birthday, which was awesome!) The special will for sure be on PBS for their Thanksgiving pledge drives.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2023, 10:20:11 PM »

I'm thinking that yes it'll be released before the Christmas tour and I'll guess sometime in October. Maybe even September - the Ancient Land album came out just two weeks after the special was filmed (and on my birthday, which was awesome!) The special will for sure be on PBS for their Thanksgiving pledge drives.
If they do September they'd probably pull an Ancient Land move and do digital in later September and then CD a month later the week tickets went on sale for the tour (They finished the Ancient Land album before taping the special -- probably why they did digital and then CD. It seems they may finish this album before taping the special too, this being the first concert special from Celtic Woman in five years).
Any October date would work -- Several past albums were released in October.
Is it just the original show, Emerald, Fan Favorites (X) & Celebration that did not premiere at the holiday time? I do know that many of the past specials have -- I do remember it being weird with Home for Christmas/Emerald because they taped Emerald (Chloe, Lisa L, Susan, Mairead), Ran a sizzle reel for it (it was untitled then), Chloe quit, they taped Home for Christmas (Meav, Lisa L, Susan, Mairead), Home for Christmas was released first despite being taped second. Any idea why they held Emerald for a year??
Five (six soon) shows.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2023, 02:41:56 AM »

Hmm. I was wondering the same thing about the album release date.

They posted this about the DVD on FB on Aug 18:

This show will air on PBS in December 2023 and DVD will be available to purchase in January 2024. We cannot wait to share it with you later in the year.

Would the CD come out when the DVD comes out?

Like you mentioned I would have hoped that the CD & DVD would be on sale @ the Christmas shows. (Although they might be overpriced there.)
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2023, 07:47:08 PM »

Hmm. I was wondering the same thing about the album release date.

They posted this about the DVD on FB on Aug 18:

This show will air on PBS in December 2023 and DVD will be available to purchase in January 2024. We cannot wait to share it with you later in the year.

Would the CD come out when the DVD comes out?

Like you mentioned I would have hoped that the CD & DVD would be on sale @ the Christmas shows. (Although they might be overpriced there.)
Lately it’s been CD first then DVD.
Everything through Destiny as well as Homecoming was same day CD/DVD release (except the Christmas music + VoA).
Ancient Land was released digitally on September 28, 2018 followed by the CD on October 26 (the week tour tickets went on sale). The DVD/Blu-ray were released February 15, 2019 (CD/DVD
combo released the same day).
Postcards from Ireland was released on CD/digital on October 29, 2021 followed by the DVD on January 21, 2022.
Wonder if it’ll be: album digitally 9/29, CD 10/27, dvd in the new year OR single 1: this week, single 2: 10/6, album: 10/27 similar to how PFI had The dawning of the day released 9/10/21 then Mise Eire released 10/8 before the full album was released 10/29/21.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 07:48:40 PM by CWFella2011 » Logged
Five (six soon) shows.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2023, 09:38:51 AM »

I have no idea what they'll do. Postcard's from Ireland they released one of their music videos once a month for it was what the special is and was going to be wheras this is not. I can only see album previews on iTunes and a sneak peek teasor and trailer of this down the line as it nears air time!
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2023, 03:28:25 PM »

Ya all have to remember that PBS controls the release of the DVD. CW can't release it till they give to go ahead. But CW can do what ever they wish with the CD
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2023, 05:53:32 PM »

This was posted in a press release:
Following the PBS broadcasts, the “20th ANNIVERSARY” album and DVD will be released in January 2024 and features brand-new compositions and arrangements plus some fan favorites.

https://www.wboy.com/business/press-releases/ein-presswire/657206773/grammy-nominated-music-sensation-celtic-woman-announces-20th-anniversary-tour/
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2023, 10:59:16 PM »

Amazon lists a release date of January 26, 2024 for the album.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2023, 04:42:59 PM »

I suppose we won't know about Wild Mountain Thyme and The other from PFI until the DVD gets out ! ?
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2024, 11:03:58 AM »

I pre-ordered the CD from Amazon. It now says it arrives Monday Jan 29 (for me).

Remember if you order CDs from Amazon, you can stream them on Amazon Music right away. So I'm going to listen all day today. I hope 'Parting Glass' and 'You Raise Me Up' sound better (mixed better) on CD than on the special... ;)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 11:06:02 AM by LakersCeltics » Logged
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2024, 02:30:38 PM »

I pre-ordered the CD from Amazon. It now says it arrives Monday Jan 29 (for me).

Remember if you order CDs from Amazon, you can stream them on Amazon Music right away. So I'm going to listen all day today. I hope 'Parting Glass' and 'You Raise Me Up' sound better (mixed better) on CD than on the special... ;)
Not always but I know this one you can.
Five (six soon) shows.
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2024, 05:57:35 PM »

Odd, because my CD has a delivery in February, but my DVD is set for Monday. Both pre-ordered the same time, same day announcement was released.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2024, 07:00:00 PM »

Odd, because my CD has a delivery in February, but my DVD is set for Monday. Both pre-ordered the same time, same day announcement was released.

Well yesterday, my delivery date was mid Feb. Today my delivery date is Monday.

So I'm sure you will get your CD sooner than mid Feb. But not sure why it's not coming together with the DVD.
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2024, 03:37:07 PM »

Well yesterday, my delivery date was mid Feb. Today my delivery date is Monday.

So I'm sure you will get your CD sooner than mid Feb. But not sure why it's not coming together with the DVD.

SURPRISE!!! It arrived today with postal. Both DVD and CD was delivered. Crazy that Amazon wouldn't track it.

Did anyone get a hard shell case with their CD? Mine was paper case made in Mexico.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Album release date. - Theme by GlenS