Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:42:26 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Deirdre Shannon
| | |-+  What are the odds?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What are the odds?  (Read 900 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2023, 11:24:55 PM »

That was a clickbait subject, huh?

Now that you're reading this, what do you think the odds are of Deirdre guesting with the Celtic Tenors on their 2024 North America tour?

I'm thinking low (she guests with them from time to time in Ireland and elsewhere in Europe, but I don't recall any such guests performances in the US or Canada (at least not within the past 7 years or so). That said, there's a Celtic Tenors show for 2024 that I can easily drive to and a pretty low change of a conflict with another show, given the timing, so ... thinking about it.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 11:31:14 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2023, 12:45:33 AM »

I think Deirdre is pretty good about posting her concerts on her socials & her website. I think you probably already know she has more than one FB account too.

If I had to read your mind, I'm guessing you don't want to wait til everyone knows because all the good seats will be taken by then? (I'm kind of doing that with Trinity & Mairead C for a March '24 concert.)

That being said, I think Deirdre coming to the US is a longshot, like you said. But there is always a chance!!!  ;)
CelticPrincess

"In the end the sun will rise on one more day."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 01:50:42 PM »

I’m sure the Celtic Tenors will do a great show! Wish I lived close enough to go see them! But I would doubt that Deirdre’s singing with them, especially if her name isn’t on the show. I don’t think she’s performed much, if at all, in the US since she had kids.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2023, 12:11:23 AM »

Advice accepted. I have a ticket. They've been rewarded for brining a good show to a venue I don't have to fly to. It's refreshing for that to happen once in a while.

Their "An Irish Songbook" album from last year was a good listen.

That makes 4 total tickets I already have for shows in 2024, the other 3 being CW tickets.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2023, 04:19:52 PM »

Hmm. This one, given today's big CW announcement, just got very interesting, since I might be in Ireland for the Celtic Tenors Aug 26th show: https://youghal.ie/event/the-celtic-tenors-in-concert/

Deirdre's not listed as a guest (she is for the June 17th show), but how amazing would that be: an anniversary DVD recording and Deirdre on back to back nights. My head would explode.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 04:22:40 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, What are the odds? - Theme by GlenS