Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:17:22 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  David Downes
| | |-+  David Downes: Your favourite original songs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: David Downes: Your favourite original songs  (Read 2030 times)
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2021, 04:05:12 PM »

Let me know yours as well as any reasons why! You may change your vote should you find it necessary  :)

(Please note that all of the above songs were either written or composed by Downes; any arrangements do not count.)

My choices and reasons:
One World: This song has always been a favourite of mine, not just because of the message it has, but also how beautifully orchestrated it is and how well it intertwines with Chloë, Lisa, Méav and Órla's gorgeous voices. In times like these, we all need a song to reassure us and lift our spirits, and this is definitely one of them  :)
The Sky and the Dawn and the Sun: The first time I heard this song was when I was listening to the Royal Marines' Mountbatten Festival of Music 2019 album. It was played during the encore, and it got in my head so quickly! Since then, it has become one of my favourite tracks off of A New Journey and easily one of Downes' best compositions for Celtic Woman.
Sing Out!: Listening to this while watching A New Journey was so joyful and it makes me hope that Celtic Woman will try their hand at more gospel-like songs soon (which they won't, but it'd be a nice surprise if they did!).
At the Céilí: This has always remained a favourite, and I especially like the story it tells as well. If you think Lisa, Méav and Órla acting AND singing at the same time doesn't exist, then...you'll know it does if you get this clicked on instantly: https://youtu.be/cwV3CzbeHKU
Awakening: Oh, this one always gives me goosebumps. Everything about it always transports me to another world and it's since become a Celtic Woman song that I might randomly start to belt out of nowhere these days, so...from a non-soprano, best you get the pitch lowered  :P

HONOURABLE MENTIONS: The Soft Goodbye, Granuaile's Dance, The Blessing, The Call, The New Ground and The World Falls Away
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 04:07:28 PM by GG » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, David Downes: Your favourite original songs - Theme by GlenS