Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:00:44 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Eabha McMahon
| | |-+  Eabha News
| | | |-+  Eabha and John tested +
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eabha and John tested +  (Read 3720 times)
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2020, 04:12:27 PM »

By reading Eabha's Instagram storie her and her husband both tested positive for the virus but now out of the hospital and at home resting for 14 days. She says they are on the mends and getting better now. So lets give Eabha and John our prayers and some love for a fast recovery
Penny

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 06:15:08 PM »

Oh no! Éabha was the one CW member that has promoted social distancing the most over the course of this pandemic. I can’t believe she’s tested positive!

I hope she and John will have a speedy recovery.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 06:27:41 PM by Penny » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 06:40:23 PM »

Eabha's husband is a doctor and he says everyone should be taking this infection very seriously. He also says that a lot of the information circulating about it is wrong.

I was pretty skeptical of 14 days of quarantine being sufficient given that the virus can live on some hard surfaces (like plastic) for 9 or more days, meaning a surface could potentially contain the virus for 9+ days after you were last infected. Eabha's husband feels that 14 days of quarantine from first symptoms is sufficient for self-quarantine.

That said, it would be prudent and considerate to fully sanitize before going out after quarantine for some time after the quarantine has subsided so nobody else gets infected. Also, I'd suggest as a courtesy to others to not allow anyone into a place where you've been self-quarantining for at least 9 days after your quarantine ended, because you're never going to sanitize everything in your home, no matter how careful you are.

Glad Eabha and her husband are doing better.

Stay safe everyone!
Rocinante

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 08:46:21 PM »

Hope Eabha and her husband recover soon. Btw generally if you want to be extra-careful, 20 days is the median from a research (https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30566-3/fulltext#seccestitle160) for someone who previously has COVID-19. The sample size is around 130 so might not be very representative but it does say something. Also there has been cases where someone has carried the virus for 20+ days before showing symptoms
Penny

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 09:50:21 PM »

Btw generally if you want to be extra-careful, 20 days is the median from a research for someone who previously has COVID-19.

My dad is a doctor who specializes in the infectious disease sector, he told me when the outbreak first started the maximum incubation period for COVID-19 is 27 days.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 10:29:03 PM »

Hope Eabha and her husband recover soon. Btw generally if you want to be extra-careful, 20 days is the median from a research (https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30566-3/fulltext#seccestitle160) for someone who previously has COVID-19. The sample size is around 130 so might not be very representative but it does say something. Also there has been cases where someone has carried the virus for 20+ days before showing symptoms

Yeah...that's kind of why I was skeptical about this seemingly arbitrary "14-day" quarantine period. It's probably reducing the effectiveness of this initial lockdown ("the hammer" as it may be known) and thus prolonging how long and significantly this will impact all our lives.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 10:38:00 PM »

Btw generally if you want to be extra-careful, 20 days is the median from a research for someone who previously has COVID-19.

My dad is a doctor who specializes in the infectious disease sector, he told me when the outbreak first started the maximum incubation period for COVID-19 is 27 days.

Yikes. So many different numbers going around. I imagine anything close to 27 days is an outlier with pretty low probability. Still, this thing spreads like wildfire and lingers like an unloved guest. Any extra bit of this thing that survives the "lockdown" will accelerate its inevitable vengeance.

I hope we have some sort of viable vaccine by fall. Because the best we can do until then is slow it down as we suffer the fallout and mourn the fallen.
Penny

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 02:51:56 AM »

What makes COVID-19 so much more deadly is that unlike the flu and other viral diseases where you can spread the disease only after showing symptoms, you can spread the COVID-19 virus before symptoms appear. There are even some people who have tested positive for the virus even though they are asymptomatic (they show no symptoms).

This is why social distancing/social isolation is so important in this pandemic. You never know who has the virus or not.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 09:52:36 AM »

Part of the problem is an inconsistent message.  As noted above, how many days of quarantine?  Define quarantine.  Lots of people are still going to work besides medical.  Some stores HAVE to be open.  Trash is still being picked up.  We still have clean water running into our house.

I own a condo that I rent out.  OK, the a/c broke.  Is getting it fixed considered essential?  It is to the tenant!

I do some construction consulting work.  I got an email yesterday saying I am now classified as a Tier 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker.  That apparently means I am exempt from the "shelter in place" requirements my County has in place.  Do I need this? Absolutely not, but it was sent to me.  Depending on which web site I read, I could be considered high risk. 

Am I trying to stay at home?  Yes.  Do I like it? No, but that's mainly because of the conflicting information.   

I get a kick out of watching various news conferences about this.  They keep saying stay 6 feet away from people, unless of course you are trying to get your picture on TV with some politician.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Eabha and John tested + - Theme by GlenS