Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:15:00 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celebration: The 15th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Celebration's on Tour
| | | |-+  Could the coronavirus affect any tour dates?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could the coronavirus affect any tour dates?  (Read 14514 times)
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2020, 11:50:35 AM »

This might be odd to ask on here, but the Bay Area and Los Angeles just declared a state of emergency over it and the tour has shows near there. I know that we shouldn't let fear cancel everything (and CW probably won't cancel anything) and that the disease might die down by then, but I just could help but wonder if CW and their crew are worried.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 08:22:22 PM »

You know I was just wondering the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if they shut the M+Gs down to protect the cast and crew a bit. If it gets bad enough, who knows.

All my travel dates for the rest of the tour are up in the air. My work has already put a travel freeze in effect.
prideslaw

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 01:17:04 PM »

:( Sad to be the bearer of possible bad news, but-

4 weeks or so ago, I arranged a trip to Boston & Philadelphia to look at miniature books at a bookstore in Boston and to hear (and tour) the mighty organ in Macy's, Philadelphia. 3 flights - Buffalo-Boston, Boston-Philly and Philly to Buffalo. 2 hotels, 2 car rentals and two CW concerts Worcester & Philly. Virtually all the tour with non-refundable prices, although from what I am hearing even if I had insurance, it wouldn't cover the cancellations!

How things have changed in 4 weeks! Anyway after talking to my Doc and local health department, both advise me not to go! Unfortunately, I am in the 15% bracket (over the 80%) and the odds go up significantly of severe problems or worse. Had I been under 50 say, I would probably have made the trip (taking all precautions). Had there been a test to see if you had already had COVID-19 (and developed antibodies - I had relatively mild symptoms after being in and around Wuhan last October 20th) I might have made the trip, but there isn't one yet. So the trip is cancelled.

I don't know if concerts will be cancelled but I suspect so. If States put limits on the number of people who can be together at one time (as I believe has just happened), that may force cancellations.

Anyway stay safe out there and wash wash wash.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 01:46:35 PM by prideslaw » Logged
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 03:35:45 PM »

Sorry to hear about you not going to your shows because of the coronavirus You know they have been  vaccinating cows, Horses and pigs for years for the coronavirus so  why can't they make them for humans. My daughter works for a hospital and she says they are not worried about this Virus as it's only another flu like virus thats getting alot of news coverage and alot of hype. but i guess only time will tell. Hope your able to get refunds keep trying
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 04:37:56 PM »

The problem isn't the current level of impact to an individual that gets the virus. Mortality rate is pretty low, relatively speaking. The problem is that it will make people sick and transmit more effectively than the flu (since people can be carriers for up to 14 days without showing symptoms) and have a cascade effect on medical and economic systems.

Some estimates are putting the number of affected people (due to exponential exposure rates) at 150 million Americans and 400+ million people worldwide. Even if the mortality rate is low, that's a LOT of sick and terrified people.

A virus doesn't have to be deadly to be disastrous.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 04:43:23 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
Dan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 02:37:39 PM »

My show in Portland, ME has been postponed.  :(
John910

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 03:27:26 PM »

The show in Kingston, NY has also been postponed.
Romds9

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2020, 05:21:14 PM »

Hi all,
just got the email. The show for March 14th for Baltimore MD has been postponed. They will try to reschedule so hold on to your tickets.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2020, 07:26:25 PM »

are you being told if it's the venue or CW thats canceling the show
Romds9

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2020, 07:35:22 PM »

The governor of Maryland issued the order so the venue is postponing this one and one other show for now. The email says they will see if they can reschedule and will let us know in the next 2 weeks if it will be possible.
John910

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2020, 08:45:41 PM »

GlenS- It is the venue. It was because of the order by the governor of New York.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2020, 07:54:55 AM »

The Cleveland show I was going to has been postponed indefinitely:

http://www.playhousesquare.org/events/detail/celtic-woman-celebration
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2020, 10:50:28 AM »

I'm trying to keep the calendar updated with postponed shows I hear about.

I'm putting an X next to the actual event in the calendar and marking the topics in the calendar board as postponed.

Please keep posting them here when you hear about them.

Thanks.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2020, 10:52:43 AM »

Rosemont, IL on April 11th has been postponed.
mattycakes

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2020, 11:06:18 AM »

As of right now, the state of Ohio has declared no groups of 100 or more people. With that being said, Dayton Arts Association has basically cancelled their shows and said that they will let us know if/when it will be rescheduled.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Could the coronavirus affect any tour dates? - Theme by GlenS