Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 09:26:17 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Hopes/predictions for a 20th anniversary compilation album
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hopes/predictions for a 20th anniversary compilation album  (Read 3250 times)
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2023, 10:49:29 PM »

Muirgen is in studio now. New album incoming 🥰🥰

Emma and Muirgen were in the studio today recording some more!
This makes me hope that there's a Muirgen/Emma duet and a Mairéad/Tara duet!
Do we think this album will be all remakes or like voices of angels where it’s a mix
Five (six soon) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- April 16, 2024.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2023, 07:04:29 AM »

For the 20th Anniversary album, I'd say favorite songs being newly recorded by the current group. And maybe they'll include the dvd filming special guests on the album as well.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2023, 05:57:19 PM »

Everyone

The Parting Glass
You Raise Me Up (Guarantee)
Amazing Grace

Walk Beside Me (Bonus)
Danny Boy  ..?

« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 05:59:56 PM by rfcw » Logged
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2023, 07:21:33 PM »

Everyone

The Parting Glass
You Raise Me Up (Guarantee)
Amazing Grace

Walk Beside Me (Bonus)
Danny Boy  ..?
You Raise Me Up -- DEFINITELY.
Looking at songs remade for VoA/Homecoming (the last two albums to be chock full of remakes) I expect these songs to be on XX.
*Mo Ghile Mear (either 2016 version or a new version)
*She Moved through the Fair (was also on Emerald -- seems to be a CW favorite though not been performed on tour since VoA)
*Ave Maria -- Almost certain. Originally from the first special and had some rearranging over the years (Chloe's version from Believe is on a multi-artist christmas CD I have that came out the same year as Home for Christmas).
*Dulaman -- who will sing it?? Mairead?? Meav?? Muirgen??
*Teir Abhaile Riu
*Amazing Grace
*Danny Boy -- you can't be a member of Celtic Woman and not record an album/special that Danny Boy is featured on. Another classic from the original special that has stayed with Celtic Woman to this day.
Five (six soon) shows.
Granuaile

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2023, 03:00:18 PM »

Today Mairead Carlin posted on her Instagram stories a photo of sheet music with the names of Brian Byrne as the arranger and the writer Oscar Wilde.

I searched for songs inspired by Oscar Wilde's work and found La Mer (a.k.a. Beyond The Sea in the English adaptation) among them. I could be very mistaken since Beyond The Sea of A New Journey does not mention Wilde directly and I found no other evidence of this relationship online.

So, I summon everyone to be a little detective today and try to find a solution to this quest.

PS: Is Brian Byrne the new Musical Director?? Or is it a collab, maybe... He has a pretty solid and successful career as a composer, I am inquisitive to hear his work on this song, at least.

Sources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_based_on_the_works_of_Oscar_Wilde
https://www.wisemusicclassical.com/composer/4997/Brian-Byrne/

CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2023, 04:09:37 PM »

Today Mairead Carlin posted on her Instagram stories a photo of sheet music with the names of Brian Byrne as the arranger and the writer Oscar Wilde.

I searched for songs inspired by Oscar Wilde's work and found La Mer (a.k.a. Beyond The Sea in the English adaptation) among them. I could be very mistaken since Beyond The Sea of A New Journey does not mention Wilde directly and I found no other evidence of this relationship online.

So, I summon everyone to be a little detective today and try to find a solution to this quest.

PS: Is Brian Byrne the new Musical Director?? Or is it a collab, maybe... He has a pretty solid and successful career as a composer, I am inquisitive to hear his work on this song, at least.

Sources:

Oro Se Do Bheatha Bhaile was in a sound bite on Mairead’s Instagram so maybe that’ll be on the album.
Five (six soon) shows.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2023, 09:06:04 PM »

Sources:

Nice find! I was searching Oscar Wilde after Mairéad posted that story but I haven't found anything. This very well could be it!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2023, 01:26:49 PM »

This is a bit of a reach, but maybe Vincent (aka Starry, Starry Night). It draws from Oscar Wilde's "The Nightingale and the Rose." I'm not sure they'd pull that song out of the blue (Chloë covered it solo, but CW never did) for an anniversary special and I think it only uses the story as inspiration for a line, as opposed to putting a specific poem to song. They probably would have credited Don McLean with the lyrics for that anyways.

The Charles Griffes Four Impressions songs are basically opera, which would be in Mairéad's wheelhouse, but they're not exactly easy listening. Without a complete overhaul of the music would be very, very different from anything Celtic Woman has previously performed.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 03:12:57 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2023, 03:38:28 PM »

This is a bit of a reach, but maybe Vincent (aka Starry, Starry Night). It draws from Oscar Wilde's "The Nightingale and the Rose." I'm not sure they'd pull that song out of the blue (Chloë covered it solo, but CW never did) for an anniversary special and I think it only uses the story as inspiration for a line, as opposed to putting a specific poem to song. They probably would have credited Don McLean with the lyrics for that anyways.

The Charles Griffes Four Impressions songs are basically opera, which would be in Mairéad's wheelhouse, but they're not exactly easy listening. Without a complete overhaul of the music would be very, very different from anything Celtic Woman has previously performed.
I bet the vast majority of the selections will be things we've heard on past albums/past tours.
Five (six soon) shows.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Hopes/predictions for a 20th anniversary compilation album - Theme by GlenS