Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:47:27 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  Celtic Woman: Ties of the Past
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celtic Woman: Ties of the Past  (Read 5815 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2019, 02:28:55 PM »

No it's not the new album title.

Or is it...  ;)

Mairead Carlin posted a cool story on Instagram today about how several members of the current Celtic Woman group were connected, without even knowing it, before they were in Celtic Woman.

Video:
https://streamable.com/nrem7

Back in 2006, both Mairead Carlin and Tara were both in the Ulster Youth Choir together and the choir director, Greg Beardsell, worked with Megan Walsh when she was in the Cross Border Orchestra of Ireland!

Here are some of the other connections I can recall off the top of my head before they were in Celtic Woman:

Eabha, as a member of Anuna, appeared briefly in Orla Fallon's Celtic Christmas DVD during the track "Away In A Manger."

When Susan was a teenager, she knew Lisa Kelly. Susan also performed with Chloë's mom in Annie, so although Chloë was young then, Susan knew her. Here's the source.

Lisa Kelly went to Chloë's mom's stage school when Chloë was a kid. Lisa and Chloë grew up only a few minutes away from each other in Dublin.

Mairead Nesbitt and Deirdre were both in The Celtic Tenors: Live in Concert (DVD, 2002).

What are some of the other connections we know of between Celtic Woman members we know of before they were members of Celtic Woman?

I bet there's quite a few instances where multiple Celtic Woman members were in Anuna at the same time.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 02:30:33 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 06:45:22 PM »

Yes! Susan played with baby Chloe backstage when she played Annie! Also Lisa Kelly knew Chloe as a small child, too!

Méav, Órlagh and Deirdre have been together in Anúna. (Also maybe Éabha and Tara and/or Lynn, too?)

Lisa Kelly and Lynn were in Riverdance at the same time.

Lynn's aunt and Chloe's mother were in a band together. Also, Chloe's dad used to work a lot with David Downes and also with Méav.

Alex and Lisa Lambe were in a play together.

Chloe and Lisa Lambe were in a choir together.
chandlermattson
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 06:56:27 PM »

I saw that on IG today and thought it was so cool!
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 04:10:28 AM »

This is a fun topic!

The Lisa Kelly Wikipedia page elaborates on her relationship with Lynn in Riverdance:

Quote from: Lisa Kelly on Wikipedia
... This led to Lisa Kelly being cast in the American production of ''Riverdance – The Show'' as lead female vocalist in 2000, a position she held for five years while touring. While touring with Riverdance, Lisa met Australian dancer Scott Porter, who later became her husband. During this time, Lisa also met fellow vocalist Lynn Hilary.

Lisa was one of the Riverdance vocalists who appeared in the 2003 Special Olympics opening ceremony when they performed 'Cloudsong'. This was in support of Lynn, who had the leading vocal role at the start of the song.  There is a video of the performance on YouTube.

The page goes on to talk about how Lisa Kelly and David Downes recorded the Lisa album together in 2002 before Celtic Woman, so that's another tie of the past.

I need to spend more time on Wikipedia because it has lots of interesting stuff like this that I never really got around to processing.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 12:13:27 PM by VegasDavid » Logged
ShiningBright

View Profile My blog
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 05:31:12 AM »

Lisa and David had known each other for years before Celtic Woman, so did Chloe and David.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 12:48:24 PM »

The Susan knowing Lisa K and holding Chloe is fascinating to visualize. Very curious though of the play with both Alex and Lisa L!
ShiningBright

View Profile My blog
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 08:05:11 AM »

Lisa Kelly was also in the choir in both of Chloe's albums, and I think Órlagh played the harp on the second one.

David Downes and David Agnew (Chloe's dad) did a lot of music together in the past, including a project called Fir na Keol, which not only featured the earliest versions of songs that would later become - with a few changes - Celtic Woman originals, but on which also Méav and Máiréad N participated. One of these is also Celtic Prayer, which Méav sang back then and on two of her albums, and which was written by David Agnew for his children - which includes Chloe, of course.

Also, I'm not too sure, but I think on Homecoming on Lisa K's solo cd, that the choir bit is done by Anúna? At least I think I can hear Michael McGlynn's voice, but I may just as well be imagining it. If it is him, and if it is them, then I suppose - based on the time it was recorded - it would be not too unlikely for Lynn to be among the choir.
chandlermattson
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 05:08:51 PM »

Lisa Kelly was also in the choir in both of Chloe's albums, and I think Órlagh played the harp on the second one.

That's very interesting! I never knew that. :)
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2019, 10:44:19 PM »

As Tom mentioned, Chloë and Lisa grew up close to each other and met about two years before meeting as members of Celtic Woman.

You can hear about it starting at 53:00 in this recent video they did together on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/lisakellysings/videos/1671013809863786/

Chloë says in the video: "Our worlds bizarrely enough had crossed like two years before I joined Celtic Woman.  My mom had this amazing theatre school in Ireland.  Lisa got put in as one of the teachers one weekend.  We were all like "Oh my God, who is this amazing cool super babe class teacher?"  Totally fangirled and had a girl crush on her.  Two years later we ended up in Celtic Woman together.  Bizarrely enough, our families--where I grew up and Lisa grew up--we only lived a couple of minutes from each other.  You could walk.  It was bizarre.  So I sometimes think the universe has a weird way of making things happen and sometimes people are supposed to find each other."
chandlermattson
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 01:08:22 PM »

As Tom mentioned, Chloë and Lisa grew up close to each other and met about two years before meeting as members of Celtic Woman.

You can hear about it starting at 53:00 in this recent video they did together on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/lisakellysings/videos/1671013809863786/

Chloë says in the video: "Our worlds bizarrely enough had crossed like two years before I joined Celtic Woman.  My mom had this amazing theatre school in Ireland.  Lisa got put in as one of the teachers one weekend.  We were all like "Oh my God, who is this amazing cool super babe class teacher?"  Totally fangirled and had a girl crush on her.  Two years later we ended up in Celtic Woman together.  Bizarrely enough, our families--where I grew up and Lisa grew up--we only lived a couple of minutes from each other.  You could walk.  It was bizarre.  So I sometimes think the universe has a weird way of making things happen and sometimes people are supposed to find each other."

That's so awesome! :D
CelticSweater
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 04:29:50 PM »

Hayley and Mairead Carlin were both on the World in Union album.
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2019, 07:43:13 PM »

Lisa L and Alex were in Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Wireman together
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2021, 02:24:59 PM »

Susan was apparently playing a Munchkin when Alex was starring in The Wizard of Oz.

Susan and Muirgen performed in the RTE Concert Orchestra Winter Sessions "Best of Muiscal Theatre" virtually concert in 2020:
https://youtu.be/EaAXBPPRAGw
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 10:46:16 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2023, 12:47:24 PM »

On Emma's FB post sharing the behind the scenes image of the 20th anniversary show, the Helen Jordan Stage school posted a pic of Emma and other students being a part of Chloe's mom pantomime. The person circled in black is Emma and I think the blonde in the far upper right is Chloe
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2023, 04:37:45 PM »

Oh wow! That's super cool! ;D

Thanks for sharing. I don't ever check FB. So I appreciate that.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Celtic Woman: Ties of the Past - Theme by GlenS