Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:28:10 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Weather
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weather  (Read 4772 times)
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2019, 11:05:28 AM »

everyone please stay safe and warm in this upcoming cold snap with Raw temps hitting -30 or greater and wind chills of -50f. Was reading a story on facebook from a heating contractor telling people to turn the heat up in there homes 2 to 4 degree's because the heating systems are not built for these extreme colds they are built for 0 degrees so he was saying that new homes will loose temps just because the heating system isn't built for this bitter cold.

Stay safe and warm
chandlermattson
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 05:40:39 PM »

Yes, be safe, everyone!

It's supposed to be below 0 degrees, where I live, with a windchill of around -25. Definitely NOT looking forward to walking to all my classes outside on campus tomorrow! ???
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 06:04:34 PM »

Yes, be safe, everyone!

It's supposed to be below 0 degrees, where I live, with a windchill of around -25. Definitely NOT looking forward to walking to all my classes outside on campus tomorrow! ???

with a wind chill of -50 here tomorrow All schools are closed and even many business are closed or closing My daughter had to go to work since she works for a hospital and is the only person in her dept on overnights. When she left she said most likely she won't be home tomorrow since she works the next night so instead of driving in this bitter cold she will stay at a hotel. She is one of the unsung people that have to work when conditions say stay home. I have a weather station with the weather underground and anyone can see the current conditions and see the picture that's updated every 2 to 3 mins

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KWIROSHO2#history
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 07:42:38 PM »

The wind chill here in Minneapolis right now is -47. Tomorrow it's supposed to be -60. I thankfully can work from home tomorrow. Wish Gregg could too. On Saturday it's supposed to be +38 here. 100 degrees warmer! That'll feel amazing!
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 05:08:00 AM »

Around here , we`re going to only get a piece of the very cold weather for Thurs. then moderation after that. Our biggest weather problem here is never ending rain. We`ve had a years worth of rain in the last 6 months and and January will go down as the wettest January on record. Just another day in Rainland.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 11:03:37 PM »

I think we only got down to around -30 F tonight with the wind chill.

It was chilly but at least I wasn't in mortal danger from going outside.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 11:24:32 PM »

This morning it got down to -26F with a wind chill of -57F very cold didn't go outside till 3 in the afternoon to start my truck that sits outside it started but did complain and now tonight it's suppose to be colder by 3 or 4 degrees but not as much wind then by Sunday it's suppose to be in the low 40's almost a 70 degree temp change  it will be t shirt and shorts weather
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 11:52:40 AM »

The wind chill this morning was -7 and that actually felt warm! Us midwesterners may be getting out the summer clothes this weekend when it's 40!
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 02:17:34 PM »

The wind chill this morning was -7 and that actually felt warm! Us midwesterners may be getting out the summer clothes this weekend when it's 40!
Ya shorts and t-shirts weather Sunday 45 here. That's 70 degrees warmer then Wednesday morning
chandlermattson
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 03:13:48 PM »

Yes, be safe, everyone!

with a wind chill of -50 here tomorrow All schools are closed and even many business are closed or closing My daughter had to go to work since she works for a hospital and is the only person in her dept on overnights. When she left she said most likely she won't be home tomorrow since she works the next night so instead of driving in this bitter cold she will stay at a hotel. She is one of the unsung people that have to work when conditions say stay home. I have a weather station with the weather underground and anyone can see the current conditions and see the picture that's updated every 2 to 3 mins

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KWIROSHO2#history

I hope everything is okay now. Yes, my college ended up cancelling, thankfully.
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 11:46:48 AM »

60 here today...weird for Feb. .....but back to normal on Thurs. and Fri. with RAIN...what else?
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 06:06:21 PM »

Hang in there Tom it's on it's way to you we have had about 16 inchs of snow. What a pain to plow it's the light fluffy snow so it runs around the ends of the plow. Normal plow times on my driveway is between 11/4 to 1 1/2 hours but today it was 3 hours It's coming Tom
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 06:47:19 PM »

Thanks for the heads up.

The roads weren't great today, but the weather reports scared so many people off the roads that there was very little traffic today, so it worked out well.

We're only supposed to get a few inches overnight here as of the latest weather report. It was originally supposed to be over half a foot.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Weather - Theme by GlenS