Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:50:55 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  What Songs Will They Perform At The Helix?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Songs Will They Perform At The Helix?  (Read 4146 times)
Johnjumps1903

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2023, 04:30:27 PM »

I have a feeling for mairead they might have her do Newgrange and then Muirgen doing dulaman. So many possibilities though! 

CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2023, 10:20:43 PM »

Wonder if Eabha would come back and do ARD UÍ CHUAIN/SADHBH NÍ BHRUINNEALLAIGH or if Mairead/Muirgen would do Sive as a duet??
Five (six soon) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- April 16, 2024.
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2023, 07:12:11 AM »

Emma would SMASH Fields of Gold, and seeing Mairéad and Muirgen in the same room makes wonder if they'll do The Last Rose of Summer 🤔

As for songs they haven't done before, I'd LOVE to see Tara perform either The Lonely Shepherd or the theme from Princess Mononoke.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2023, 01:54:56 AM »

Over the Rainbow. If they did the original arrangement it could be Muirgen/Mairead/Emma.
Perhaps the two person arrangement from Ancient Land (Mairead/Megan then. Could be Mairead/Emma or Muirgen/Emma).
Five (six soon) shows.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2023, 10:07:17 PM »

Emma would SMASH Fields of Gold, and seeing Mairéad and Muirgen in the same room makes wonder if they'll do The Last Rose of Summer 🤔

As for songs they haven't done before, I'd LOVE to see Tara perform either The Lonely Shepherd or the theme from Princess Mononoke.
Would Emma do the Eva Cassidy version of Fields of Gold the way Lisa K did??
Five (six soon) shows.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2023, 02:22:58 PM »

I have a feeling for mairead they might have her do Newgrange and then Muirgen doing Dulaman. So many possibilities though!

Makes sense to have Mairead do Newgrange and Nella Fantasia. With Chloe's maturer voice I could see her still do a powerful version of Someday. Muirgen for me would be Down By the Sally Gardens and Ave Maria. These would be fresh for a DVD since Mairead and Muirgen haven't had visual performances of these!

If Meav was guest no doubt would it be iconic to have her visually perform the new Dulaman version for she has done the recording of it first on Voices of Angels! Lynn could be a second frontrunner and Muirgen could then continue it on tour ofc.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 02:32:24 PM by rfcw » Logged
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2023, 02:52:03 PM »

I have a feeling for mairead they might have her do Newgrange and then Muirgen doing Dulaman. So many possibilities though!

Makes sense to have Mairead do Newgrange and Nella Fantasia. With Chloe's maturer voice I could see her still do a powerful version of Someday. Muirgen for me would be Down By the Sally Gardens and Ave Maria. These would be fresh for a DVD since Mairead and Muirgen haven't had visual performances of these!

If Meav was guest no doubt would it be iconic to have her visually perform the new Dulaman version for she has done the recording of it first on Voices of Angels! Lynn could be a second frontrunner and Muirgen could then continue it on tour ofc.
Also we must not forget Meav recorded Dulaman on A New Journey so it would be appropriate to have her do it if she were there.
Five (six soon) shows.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2023, 11:45:17 AM »

I'm hoping for a You Raise Me Up arrangement that combines my favourite parts from the various versions they performed:
- 2nd verse from The Greatest Journey / Songs From the Heart
- The rising climax of the 2nd last line in the Emerald version
- "Thank you. You have been a wonderful / incredible audience"
- The ending of Homecoming and subsequent tours, where they have a midrange discord resolving upwards to a last-note harmony. Éabha fulfilled that role while she performed with the group.

And of a course a full tribute video montage of all members.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 09:19:56 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2023, 08:42:51 PM »

It would be perfect  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2023, 09:21:58 PM »

I'm hoping for a You Raise Me Up arrangement that combines my favourite parts from the various versions they performed:
- The ending of Homecoming and subsequent tours, where they have a midrange discord resolving upwards to a last-note harmony. Éabha fulfilled that role while she performed with the group.

Oh, and they could also have a double high-soprano line to emphasize the last note. Imagine both Méav (if she returns) and Mairéad Carlin with powerful high notes over the top of a gorgeous harmony. Argh! My mouth is watering at the thought!
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2023, 09:27:02 PM »

The 2016 version of Walk beside me. If Eabha and Susan can come back, have them, Mairead C and Tara do the main part, then have every singer that's there come out at the last chorus.  Similar to how it was Eabha only at first, then all of them during the Destiny show.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2023, 09:39:06 AM »

Oh, and they could also have a double high-soprano line to emphasize the last note. Imagine both Méav (if she returns) and Mairéad Carlin with powerful high notes over the top of a gorgeous harmony. Argh! My mouth is watering at the thought!

I'm not sure if they would consider two doing it together now is the time to really do it*! I assumed they would done when Megan joined the group with Mairead C and the only closest thing was when they both did Over the Rainbow. I really can't imagine not doing something like that with Muirgen and Mairead C now that they'll be together in CW. I've been curious for a long time how Time to Say Goodbye sounded when they had Alex with Mairead C. -It be incredible to have an Amazing Grace with everyone with Meav not just the main cast, I'm sure they could do O America the 2016 version with Meav or whoever!

The 2016 version of Walk beside me. If Eabha and Susan can come back, have them, Mairead C and Tara do the main part, then have every singer that's there come out at the last chorus.  Similar to how it was Eabha only at first, then all of them during the Destiny show.

Absolutely! Walk Beside Me is one of the classics from the second era of CW!

« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 11:03:11 AM by rfcw » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2023, 02:12:45 PM »

It's a longshot, like many Downes-era classics, but I'm hoping for The World Falls Away (aka Give Me Your Hand). Sooooo good!
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2023, 12:54:51 PM »

How about Susan or Emma doing The Voice. That one was on Emerald & Homecoming so I don't know why XX wouldn't have it.
Five (six soon) shows.
Granuaile

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2023, 07:33:56 AM »

I really really hope to hear The Sky &The Dawn & The Sun, this is such a classic song to left out of such a milestone...

Cant forget about nil sen la, the call...

Well, I have my hopes up after they posted yesterday's video.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, What Songs Will They Perform At The Helix? - Theme by GlenS