Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:36:53 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Chloe Agnew
| | |-+  The Brave Collide Shows in New York
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Brave Collide Shows in New York  (Read 536 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2023, 08:51:28 AM »

Earlier in May, I went to see the debut of The Brave Collide in the US. The first show was at the New York Irish Center in Queens on Long Island. It was a small venue, but the crowd was great! It was a very different set list and atmosphere from Chloë's solo shows. There were lots of fun covers and original songs. The harmony was great and Chloë was having the time of her life on stage!

The second show was at Rockwood Music Hall in Lower Manhattan. The venue was a lot more sketchy than the first show. Rockwood has 3 separate stages. 2 are accessible primarily from the "good" street. Stage 3, where The Brave Collide performed, was accessed from the back side of the building, with so bars across from the entrance. It actually took me like 20 minutes to find the place, since the door and entrance sign were spraypainted over with graffiti. Real classy. The inside was a little better. The groud floor was a bar. I chatted with some Brian McGrane / Irish Tenors / Deirdre Shannon fans before the show at the bar. The show itself was in the small candlelit basement.

Both shows were attended primarily from people in the area who heard about the show through local advertising. Chloë and Brian weren't sure how their style would be received and were grateful to have a couple of familiar faces in the audience.

I loved the shows! They were refreshing and really entertaining. There are more Brave Collide shows coming and hopefully you'll have a chance to see them somewhere near you!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, The Brave Collide Shows in New York - Theme by GlenS