Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:01:29 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour  (Read 8532 times)
Granuaile

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2023, 04:15:09 PM »

The first date for the 20th Anniversary Tour popped up alongside the artwork. 23rd of February - Jackson, Mississippi.

Source: https://www.jacksonbroadway.com/events/detail/celtic-woman-1
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 03:20:31 AM by Granuaile » Logged
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 04:20:52 PM »

I wonder why they chose to do silhouettes instead of pics or no pics of the ladies.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2023, 06:05:50 PM »

I wonder why they chose to do silhouettes instead of pics or no pics of the ladies.

I have a few guesses:
- They don't know the lineup yet (probable) and don't want to further confuse fans if the lineup changes.
- They think the lineup might change between now and then (possible)
- They're planning to bring back some guests and rotate the lineups (maybe)
- They want to keep the lineup it a surprise, whether they know the expected lineup(s) or not (maybe)
- It's a placeholder. There will a be a photo with some or all of the expected performers later (definitely).
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 06:11:08 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2023, 01:32:32 AM »

I wonder  why celebrate the 20th in ‘24 and not ‘25.
The last anniversaries were 10/15 years  from the RELEASE of the original show (‘15, ‘20)/beginning of the tour and not from the taping of the original  show.
Is it possible since the 15 year celebration got halted so quickly they want to celebrate for two years??
Do we think the show they do next year will get recorded and released and then the ‘25 tour will promote that live recording similar to the 2018 homecoming tour??
Five (six soon) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- April 16, 2024.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2023, 12:02:50 PM »

Everything CWazyTom said!!!
However I have to say they never in their history put a random silhouette w/o it looking like who the member was...

CWX didn't have a silhouette although they advertised Emerald cast and there was a darken Lisa L on Dulaman pose but that wasn't CW doing that!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 12:05:34 PM by rfcw » Logged
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2023, 12:10:46 PM »

However I have to say they never in their history put a random silhouette w/o it looking like who the member was...

CWX didn't have a silhouette although they advertised Emerald cast and there was a darken Lisa L on Dulaman pose but that wasn't CW doing that!
Since they've announced a new member to replace Megan I wonder if the lineup will be Muirgen/Emma/Hannah/Tara/rotating 5th member?
Five (six soon) shows.
mattycakes

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2023, 12:40:34 PM »

I can't wait to hear how they'll sound, especially with all 3 ladies being Sopranos again, they may mix it up with who takes lower range on different songs.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2023, 04:50:54 PM »

Since they've announced a new member to replace Megan I wonder if the lineup will be Muirgen/Emma/Hannah/Tara/rotating 5th member?

I really don't think there will be a rotating 5th member
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2023, 11:39:31 AM »

Granuaile: Nice find! Important too! Important because we know 2024 is the anniversary tour and not a "normal" spring tour. I guess they did drop hints about it, as a reason they cancelled the 2023 tour.

Does that mean no new music til then or after???
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 11:41:14 AM by LakersCeltics » Logged
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2023, 01:39:44 PM »

Granuaile: Nice find! Important too! Important because we know 2024 is the anniversary tour and not a "normal" spring tour. I guess they did drop hints about it, as a reason they cancelled the 2023 tour.

If we do get new music it wouldn't surprise me if we get another Emerald or Voices of Angels type album? either 100% new recordings of old stuff (like Emerald) or one that's largely remakes but with a few new songs sprinkled in (like Voices of Angels). Next year will be 10 years since the Emerald Tour so either one wouldn't surprise me. It wouldn't surprise me if the 2016-18 VOA/Homecoming cycle was repeated: CD only album, tour, record live CD/DVD, release live CD/DVD, Tour again. I know I've said this but I'll say it again I wonder if they want a nice long 20th anniversary tour because the 15th anniversary tour got cut so short.
Five (six soon) shows.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2023, 07:47:26 AM »

I can't wait to hear how they'll sound, especially with all 3 ladies being Sopranos again, they may mix it up with who takes lower range on different songs.

The new member's voice Emma reminds soooo much of Mairead C! This is the closest we'll get to hearing how Muirgen would sound with Mairead C. It looks like they went the route like ( Celebration 2021)

Hannah - Chloe
Emma - Mairead C
Muirgen- Megan/Eabha
now can take the Eabha spot Megan has had

I and a few others have thought Muirgen would sounded better in Eabhas parts but at the time Megan shined them amazingly with her accented voice of hers.

They've only swapped voices on TAR!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 07:53:15 AM by rfcw » Logged
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2023, 07:56:34 AM »

If we do get new music it wouldn't surprise me if we get another Emerald or Voices of Angels type album? either 100% new recordings of old stuff (like Emerald) or one that's largely remakes but with a few new songs sprinkled in (like Voices of Angels). Next year will be 10 years since the Emerald Tour so either one wouldn't surprise me. It wouldn't surprise me if the 2016-18 VOA/Homecoming cycle was repeated: CD only album, tour, record live CD/DVD, release live CD/DVD, Tour again. I know I've said this but I'll say it again I wonder if they want a nice long 20th anniversary tour because the 15th anniversary tour got cut so short.

This time around it be so fresh whether it's old songs or new or mix since the entire soloists are new yes Muirgen hasn't been on an album with classic CW songs yet! I'm gearing for a mix old and new like VOA.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2023, 07:59:29 AM »

I doubt that now actually since now with two new member's!
That doesn't mean it won't happen..
Can we have at least a special this time...Celebration and CWX were the best!
Granuaile

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2023, 07:11:09 PM »

Another dates showed up plus the first description:
April 12 and 13 - Blue Gate PAC - Shipshewana, IN

In 2024, Grammy-nominated music sensation Celtic Woman will celebrate an incredible 20 years.

20 Years on, Celtic Woman continues its legacy of uplifting performances packed with breath-taking harmonies and instrumental virtuosity.

Following on from the success of 'Postcards From Ireland', Celtic Woman is thrilled to return to US audiences in 2024 with a brand-new live show to celebrate this milestone.

Celtic Woman's fresh blend of traditional and contemporary Irish music echoes Ireland's rich musical and cultural heritage, while reflecting the vibrant spirit of modern Ireland.

With Irish dancers, bagpipers and an array of traditional Irish instruments - including the bodhran, tin whistle and uilleann pipes - this dynamic and multi-talented show has captivated audiences all around the world.

Celtic Woman's amazing 20 year legacy includes 12 #1 albums, 13 chart topping DVDs, 10 million album sales and almost 3 billion streams.

Join Celtic Woman for this very special 20th Anniversary Tour at the Blue Gate.

Source: https://www.thebluegate.com/shipshewana/blue-gate-theatre/event/celtic-woman
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2023, 09:26:52 PM »

A few more shows popped up today!

March 29th & 30th - American Music Theatre - Lancaster, PA
https://amtshows.com/show/celtic-woman/

April 11th - Honeywell Center - Wabash, IN
https://www.honeywellarts.org/live-shows/celtic-woman
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour - Theme by GlenS