Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:09:18 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Mairead Carlin
| | |-+  Performance Dates
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Performance Dates  (Read 1812 times)
Tracie

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2023, 08:08:42 PM »

I have edited the subject to Performance Dates so we can keep adding to this thread as Mairéad announces more performances. I'll keep editing this list to keep it current.

Upcoming:

• March 14, 2024 - Lincoln, Nebraska - special guest with Trinity
https://www.liedcenter.org/event/trinity-classically-irish

Past:

• April 29, 30 and May 1, 2022 - Derry, Northern Ireland - Derry Jazz Festival

• August 5, 2022 - Belfast, Northern Ireland - special guest with The Shamrock Tenors

•April 4, 2023 - Derry, Northern Ireland - Opry le Daniel Celtic Country

• May 26, 2023 - Derry, Northern Ireland - solo concert
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 12:06:52 PM by Tracie » Logged
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 09:33:21 PM »

Mairéad announced that she will be performing a solo concert in Derry, Northern Ireland on May 26, 2023! The concert will be in St. Augustine's Church and is part of the Luminare Festival, which is a showcase of the beauty of Derry with events in iconic and unique locations.  This is also a celebration of the 10th anniversary of Derry being the City of Culture.  The description of the concert says it'll be intimate and by candlelight, which sounds incredible.  Mairéad's announcement says there will be both familiar songs and brand new never heard before songs.

The concert promoter is Music Capital:  https://www.musiccapital.org/

Tickets are on sale here:  https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/luminare-presents-mairead-carlin-tickets-541766928467

Mairéad's instagram announcement: https://www.instagram.com/p/CofkesiotXw/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

This concert sounds like it'll be absolutely amazing! I'm going and I'm so excited! Ever since I saw Mairéad in the Derry Jazz Festival last year I've been just waiting to see her again because she's such an incredible person and performer! I can't wait to see her on St. Patrick's Day with Trinity and then for this concert in Derry!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023, 09:53:22 PM »

Mairéad will be performing in Celtic & Contemporary Country at the Millennium Forum in Derry, Northern Ireland on April 4, 2023. This is being filmed for a country music TV series on TG4. Mairéad will be one of six artists performing this night of the filming.

Tickets are here: https://www.millenniumforum.co.uk/shows/celtic-contemporary-country/

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to this one or not. I want to see Mairéad perform as often as possible, but I also have to keep in mind how much vacation time I have and that I'll have to limit the number of times I travel overseas per year. I'm definitely going to her solo concert, but not sure on this one since she's one of several artists. I did a little searching and there are previous episodes of this show available to watch on the TG4 website, so hopefully Mairéad's performance can be watched online as well. I'll keep contemplating this one!
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2023, 05:33:21 PM »

Wow! That's nice that you're going to Ireland. Do you go just for the concert, or do you make a long trip out of it? Do you typically find a way to meet them since you traveled so far? (I hope so.)

Anyways, thanks for the info. Post pics when you're there!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2023, 07:55:46 AM »

I'll make a trip out of it and be there for at least a week. I've been to Ireland 3 times so far and I love it there. It's such a beautiful country, so many amazing sights, and wonderful people. I'll keep being drawn back there for concerts by our favorite ladies!

Last year I went to see Mairéad in the Derry Jazz Festival and had such an incredible time! She and Ronan gave amazing performances and I got to spend tons of time talking to them and their family. It was such a blast! I have a full write up of it in another post you can go read, plus pictures.

We do get to spend time with the ladies! We typically get good long conversations at stage doors, plus when we were in Ireland last August we had a lunch with Éabha and a lunch with Megan that were both so wonderful. Gregg and I have become friends with Mairéad, Éabha, Tara, and Megan and we love it so much!

LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2023, 03:54:30 PM »

Tracie: You are my hero! Shock & awe!  :o
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2023, 04:56:34 PM »

Why thank you! I have so many stories of epic amazing times seeing our favorite ladies!
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2023, 10:18:14 PM »

Why thank you! I have so many stories of epic amazing times seeing our favorite ladies!

And I would love to hear every single one of them! Haha!  ;)

Back on topic. Is there any connection they have with Lincoln, NE? It's kind of a surprising place to me for her to do her one US show. (But what do I know?)
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2023, 06:37:53 PM »

I'm not sure why it's in Lincoln. It does seem like a very random location for a one-off St. Patrick's Day show. I'll have to ask Mairéad how that came about!

I am now going to all 3 of the performances that Mairéad currently has scheduled 😍 I'm in full travel planning mode and am so excited for all of these!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2023, 01:40:47 PM »

I got notified by the venue in Lincoln that the St. Patrick's Day Trinity concert has been rescheduled to March 14, 2024.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2023, 07:05:18 PM »

I got notified by the venue in Lincoln that the St. Patrick's Day Trinity concert has been rescheduled to March 14, 2024.

OMG. I read your message so quickly when you posted. I thought the concert was rescheduled to 2023, like a few days earlier. I just read it correctly that it says 2024! What a long wait!!!
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2023, 11:28:39 AM »

Do you know if MC is still opening for Trinity for the 2024 dates? Or is it too far away to know that for sure?

(There's a 3/18/24 date in SoCal, although it is a far, far drive for me...on a school night for my daughter.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 02:32:55 PM by LakersCeltics » Logged
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2023, 09:37:13 PM »

I receive newsletter emails from the Nebraska venue and those have been listing Mairéad as special guest for the concert. The California one I can't say for certain.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2023, 11:29:00 AM »

Mairéad announced earlier this week that she'll be filming her solo concert in Derry next week and putting it up online! I'm so excited to go to the concert (I'm at the airport now!) and also excited to be able to rewatch it over and over!

Her announcement is here on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CsRS_Ffo-Tz/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Performance Dates - Theme by GlenS