Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:09:50 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  A Christmas Symphony Tour 2023
| | |-+  Celtic Woman Symphony Tour 2023
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celtic Woman Symphony Tour 2023  (Read 11956 times)
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2023, 08:12:28 PM »

I was listening to CW Christmas music today. Any time is a good time for Christmas music - right?

I am so looking forward to Mairead C singing Auld Lang Syne. She hits the high note in the middle of the song in the Magic of Christmas version (not so much at the end of the song). So good!!!

Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2023, 08:54:08 PM »

I listen to Magic of Christmas year round - that and Ancient Land are my top two favorite albums! And yes, that note Mairéad hits in Auld Lang Syne is insanely gorgeous! 😍
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2023, 11:34:48 AM »

As Tracie said, chances are if you want to see a Christmas show, be prepared to travel.  I live in Tampa, FL.  On a regular tour, they usually do 6 or 7 shows in Florida.  I've seen two "local" Christmas shows.  Last year, I went to Ohio to see the Christmas Show.  This year I'm going to Atlanta.  I bought the tickets for that before they announced the show in Daytona Beach.  Thought about going to Daytona also, but it's more driving than I want to do, considering I go to Atlanta a couple days later.  Plus, Atlanta has a M&G!!
The reason I've never travelled is the risk of bad weather (perhaps extended travel time getting to/from the city I'd be going to). When the Magic of Christmas tour came close I was busy the night of so couldn't go.
Five (six soon) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- April 16, 2024.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2023, 01:34:46 PM »

Tickets are on sale to the general public now for the shows in California.

I got front row seats this morning  (but not dead center). Yay! Finally!
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2023, 03:04:10 PM »

I was listening to CW Christmas music today. Any time is a good time for Christmas music - right?

I am so looking forward to Mairead C singing Auld Lang Syne. She hits the high note in the middle of the song in the Magic of Christmas version (not so much at the end of the song). So good!!!

I was never a big fan of Auld Lang Syne until I heard Eabha do it.  Her version then became one of my favs!  To me, it's not a song for a soprano to sing.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2023, 06:24:54 PM »

I was never a big fan of Auld Lang Syne until I heard Eabha do it.  Her version then became one of my favs!  To me, it's not a song for a soprano to sing.

Lisa Lambe was terrific but now with Eabha her voice with is soft.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2023, 07:59:57 PM »

I know exactly what you both mean. I was 'ok' with Auld Lang Syne before I heard Lisa Lambe sing it. Then it became one of my favorite holiday songs. I love the version on Magic of Christmas too.

PS. If anyone needs a coupon code for the California shows, send me a PM / DM. It's valid this week only.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2023, 11:57:07 AM »

I know exactly what you both mean. I was 'ok' with Auld Lang Syne before I heard Lisa Lambe sing it. Then it became one of my favorite holiday songs. I love the version on Magic of Christmas too.

PS. If anyone needs a coupon code for the California shows, send me a PM / DM. It's valid this week only.

I was too quick. I got my tickets super-early in the morning. Too bad, I could have definitely used a discount. Those prices for Costa Mesa were nuts!
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2023, 05:02:03 PM »

Oh cool. I'll send you a PM later.

Enjoy your trip to Ireland first.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2023, 03:50:49 AM »

There's been a lot of talk on here about Minnesota Christmas shows. On Friday night before the filming, we met and talked with the man who handles Celtic Woman's tour bookings. I asked him why no Minnesota Orchestra on the Christmas tours. His response was "no comment". Interesting, and as I have suspected for quite some time, there's some unknown thing going on that has them not perform with the Minnesota Orchestra. Thought you all would be interested in that little tidbit.

He also said that Red Rocks is incredibly difficult to book and it sounds unlikely for there to be a Red Rocks show next year. Darn, we thought that was likely for the 20th Anniversary!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 03:55:05 AM by Tracie » Logged
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2023, 10:54:19 AM »

There's been a lot of talk on here about Minnesota Christmas shows. On Friday night before the filming, we met and talked with the man who handles Celtic Woman's tour bookings. I asked him why no Minnesota Orchestra on the Christmas tours. His response was "no comment". Interesting, and as I have suspected for quite some time, there's some unknown thing going on that has them not perform with the Minnesota Orchestra. Thought you all would be interested in that little tidbit.

He also said that Red Rocks is incredibly difficult to book and it sounds unlikely for there to be a Red Rocks show next year. Darn, we thought that was likely for the 20th Anniversary!

Oh wow! As a behind the scenes geek myself, I would have tons of questions for him. Especially how the process works on booking venues and what is usually required when building the contract.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2023, 12:56:54 PM »

If they can’t do Minnesota orchestra then the least they could do is do what they did in 2019 where they go to mystic lake (or even Orpheum Theatre) and get an orchestra together. I saw The Who at Xcel Energy Center in 2019 with orchestra (which was also assembled) and I remember hearing that the orchestra hadn’t rehearsed until the day of the show. Or Stringenius whom I saw perform with Andrea Bocelli would be good with the ladies.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 08:49:13 PM by CWFella2011 » Logged
Five (six soon) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- April 16, 2024.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2023, 09:46:26 PM »

I was too quick. I got my tickets super-early in the morning. Too bad, I could have definitely used a discount. Those prices for Costa Mesa were nuts!

@CWazyTom : I've been checking tickets off & on for fun, just to see how quickly seats are selling. The weirdest thing is that face value prices have gone up twice this week. Like all Orchestra seats at least. Yes, I'm looking directly at the venue site. Maybe it's common now? IDK.  ???
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2023, 02:07:39 AM »

I've gotten tickets for Costa Mesa now as well - I have Friday night front row and Saturday night front row of one of the balcony tiers. I like seeing one show per tour from the balcony from a different perspective and the Saturday show only had front row way off to the edges, so there's my balcony show for this tour!
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2023, 01:17:04 PM »

I've gotten tickets for Costa Mesa now as well - I have Friday night front row and Saturday night front row of one of the balcony tiers. I like seeing one show per tour from the balcony from a different perspective and the Saturday show only had front row way off to the edges, so there's my balcony show for this tour!

Oh this is getting to be more fun by the minute! I'll send you a PM later.

I have front row tickets one day. And I'm holding out for the microscopic chance there is a M&G package with PBS for another day. Remember I was the one asking about how common / uncommon Christmas M&G are. On top of that, the PBS station that covers this venue didn't even have a M&G for Postcards last year. All that to say, slim chance. (I went to the Postcards M&G covered by a 2nd PBS station.)

I know what you mean about front row balcony. I have front row balcony for Jenny Oaks Baker / Alex Sharpe the following week. And the VIP M&G.

Again, I'll send you a PM later. ;)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 05:02:43 PM by LakersCeltics » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Celtic Woman Symphony Tour 2023 - Theme by GlenS