Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:57:39 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Toured 2023. Canceled
| | |-+  Toured 2023
| | | |-+  20th anniversary Celebrations. What could be afoot?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 20th anniversary Celebrations. What could be afoot?  (Read 1521 times)
CWFella2011

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2023, 10:23:47 PM »

Knowing That they said they were taking this year off to prepare for the anniversary ahead I wonder what could be ahead.
We have to remember that the 10th & 15th anniversaries were celebrated from the anniversary of the RELEASE of the original album/PBS special/beginning of the original tour they're saying there'll be some celebrations next year too (September next year is the anniversary of the original
Remembering the period around the 10th we had
*Emerald album/special (taped in Spring '13) 
*Emerald Tour: February-November 2014.
*X compilation special: March 2015 (I only saw the end of it because of a time screw up on my recording)
*X tour: January-November 2015.
Is it possible we could get
*Studio album of only remakes (recorded with orchestra just like Voices of Angels and only released as a CD): Recorded this summer & released just before the christmas symphony tour or early in the new year (Most releases post Destiny with the exception of Homecoming have been in mid-late fall)
*Tour under that album's name: Next year.
*Live album/special (Just like Homecoming) titled Celebrating 20 years or something similar: Recorded during the USA tour or else in a one off at 3Arena or back at the Helix.
*Celebrating 20 years tour: '25.
Five (six soon I hope) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- I hope so.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 12:14:28 PM »

I'm quoting your post from the other "Decade" thread, as my comments are kind of related. And not really about Decade.

With Megan gone it's possible unless they get a replacement for her.
The 10th anniversary tour started out during the transition between Lisa Lambe & Eabha so they had Meav/Lynn/Alex take turns (Alex and Lynn being together for a short time too). If they had three women take turns who would be ideal? Or if it's like more recently after Eabha's departure how Chloe was the primary interim replacement (with Susan making some appearances) who would be ideal if it were to be only one ex-member? Any idea what Lynn/Alex are up to or because she is 51 years old (52 soon) is Alex too old to return?

A part of me wants them to keep Megan's spot open for a while. I'm still getting used to Hannah.

For Decade, they had Meav/Lynn/Alex, as you said. For Celebration, Chloe was "special guest" & (thank God) stayed through Postcards. So if they got a former member as a "special guest", they'd have to fill in for 2023 (now) - 2025 (20th anniversary tour).

Hmm, as I typed that, that doesn't sound practical. I don't think any of the former members would want to do that full tour in 2024.  :(
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2023, 03:26:39 PM »

I think most of the girls have said the touring is somewhat brutal.  Finish the show.  Get on the bus. Drive for several hours.  Get into a hotel.  Try to sleep/relax.  Get up.  Eat something. Go to venue.  Sound check.  Get ready for show.  Do show.  Repeat maybe 70 times.

How many years do you really want to do this? It's your life for at least 3 months.  You're away from home. 

I'm guessing the money isn't too bad, especially if you are just starting out, but it's a tough life for a while.

If I counted correctly, Chloe did 849 shows in her first stint with CW.  Mairead N did 1273!!!!

So it's maybe not surprising that the girls get burned out.

CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 02:07:45 PM »

I'm quoting your post from the other "Decade" thread, as my comments are kind of related. And not really about Decade.

With Megan gone it's possible unless they get a replacement for her.
The 10th anniversary tour started out during the transition between Lisa Lambe & Eabha so they had Meav/Lynn/Alex take turns (Alex and Lynn being together for a short time too). If they had three women take turns who would be ideal? Or if it's like more recently after Eabha's departure how Chloe was the primary interim replacement (with Susan making some appearances) who would be ideal if it were to be only one ex-member? Any idea what Lynn/Alex are up to or because she is 51 years old (52 soon) is Alex too old to return?

A part of me wants them to keep Megan's spot open for a while. I'm still getting used to Hannah.

For Decade, they had Meav/Lynn/Alex, as you said. For Celebration, Chloe was "special guest" & (thank God) stayed through Postcards. So if they got a former member as a "special guest", they'd have to fill in for 2023 (now) - 2025 (20th anniversary tour).

Hmm, as I typed that, that doesn't sound practical. I don't think any of the former members would want to do that full tour in 2024.  :(
So you’d think maybe repeat the rotation that they did? If they did the rotating ex members again who would fit?
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023, 01:32:29 PM »

Hmm. IDK. That's a tough sell...

I sure would like to see Orla if they did a one off in Dublin. But IDK if a 20th anniversary is 'big enough' for her to come back. I see a lot of shows & musicals (e.g. Riverdance) make a bigger deal about the 25th anniversary.

*Live album/special (Just like Homecoming) titled Celebrating 20 years or something similar: Recorded during the USA tour or else in a one off at 3Arena or back at the Helix.

CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2023, 09:43:14 PM »

I vote Helix, since it's on my bucket list.

Another castle-setting would be nice through.

We NEED a 20 Years of Memories feature too though. They can do so much more than they did with the Celebration DVD.

My other wish is You Raise Me Up, including the second verse (or the David Downes Parting Glass, but that won't be happening), with every member they can bring back and an accompanying tribute video to all the wonderful performers during the years. I want it soooo much! For now, I'll just have to enjoy this amazing fan-made video:

https://youtu.be/-EN0_FZk9fc

If they do this while I am in attendance, they will have to mop the floor in front of me after the show.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2023, 09:57:33 PM »

We NEED a 20 Years of Memories feature too though. They can do so much more than they did with the Celebration DVD.

My other wish is You Raise Me Up, including the second verse (or the David Downes Parting Glass, but that won't be happening), with every member they can bring back and an accompanying tribute video to all the wonderful performers during the years. I want it soooo much! For now, I'll just have to enjoy this amazing fan-made video:

If they do this while I am in attendance, they will have to mop the floor in front of me after the show.

So something better than what they did for 10 & 15. 10 we had the tour from January-November: Susan, Mairead, Mairead, Lynn/Meav/Alex rotation from January-June and then Susan, Mairead, Mairead, Eabha from September-November and we had the best of special and we had the 4 CD best of collection. 15 we had the shortened tour (I was due to go see that performance but luckily made it back with Postcards from Ireland) and we had the 13 track CD & the DVD you mentioned.  Do you think if it weren't for COVID that they would've recorded a live release (like Homecoming) using the Celebration setlist and then released it as a CD/DVD?
I don't know about you but I am wondering if the next few albums might be
*Mostly new arrangements of old songs (a la Voices of Angels where lots of songs are new takes on oldies but a few new ones)
*Live album (like Homecoming)
*New material.
This year in the year without them touring I will be seeing Andrea Bocelli who is also an annual touring artist in the USA (3x a year).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 10:02:13 PM by CWFella2011 » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2023, 10:16:33 PM »

I think they were planning to do a DVD recording in Killarney in 2020. I'm not sure what the set list would have looked like though. I have to imagine a 20th Anniversary album / DVD would be fan favorite songs from over the years. Perhaps O'Toole's arrangements of some of the livelier numbers (and better mixing) will restore my confidence in the group's musical direction.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2023, 10:17:22 AM »

I think they were planning to do a DVD recording in Killarney in 2020. I'm not sure what the set list would have looked like though. I have to imagine a 20th Anniversary album / DVD would be fan favorite songs from over the years. Perhaps O'Toole's arrangements of some of the livelier numbers (and better mixing) will restore my confidence in the group's musical direction.

Okay my wish is they don't repeat anything like Emerald and Homecoming and instead follow up on those missed opportunities as the castle outdoor special Voices of Angels was in theory to been have former members along in it. Can you Imagine had they done that maybe Meav could of Guest appeared on that new O America version.
In fact I suggest they do a beautiful stunning outdoor concert featuring the best recent choreography they've had with Mo Ghile Mear My Gallant Star, TAR, Orinoco Flow (Celebration and Postcards Tour), Nil Sen LA from 2017 Tour etc 

Time to blow some socks off! 🔥
While your at it you can make up for Lisa L not been in a castle production. ;D even for Susan though glad she got a bit of justice! Haha thanks to the new director🤪😘

Another option of mine be a taping of an anniversary tour / show is a must even though they might save that for the 25th Anniversary if they care to do!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 10:28:27 AM by rfcw » Logged
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2023, 10:34:12 AM »

So something better than what they did for 10 & 15. 10 we had the tour
*Mostly new arrangements of old songs (a la Voices of Angels where lots of songs are new takes on oldies but a few new ones)
*New material.

Yes Yes Yes!
I am so thirsty for a Voices Of Angels Part II
More new arrangements of favorite classic CW songs!!!
I'm not sure but the celebration Tour was so iconic with Mairead C and Chloe together it was so power dominatrix esp May it Be for a DVD! >:(
Greatest Journey Season 2 is a must call it Grand Journey Essential!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 10:35:51 AM by rfcw » Logged
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2023, 08:23:39 PM »

So something better than what they did for 10 & 15. 10 we had the tour
*New material.

Yes Yes Yes!
I am so thirsty for a Voices Of Angels Part II
More new arrangements of favorite classic CW songs!!!
I'm not sure but the celebration Tour was so iconic with Mairead C and Chloe together it was so power dominatrix esp May it Be for a DVD! >:(
Greatest Journey Season 2 is a must call it Grand Journey Essential!
Yeah VOA was 20 songs (on the Target version) and 13/20 were remakes of old songs.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, 20th anniversary Celebrations. What could be afoot? - Theme by GlenS